Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 01 Oct 2014, 15:08
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Remastered with jwm as wm, defaults to openbox instead
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
HiDeHo

PostPosted: Tue 02 Aug 2011, 03:55    Post_subject:  Remastered with jwm as wm, defaults to openbox instead  

hi i am trying to remaster my final os.

i am using 525 as base. set up with jwm as wm.

after the remaster it defaulted back to openbox. which is not what my save file was set up to have. after booting the new remastered cd i went to jwm and my setup was there. Smile

is there a way to tell the remaster that i want to end up using the jwm setup. as the default. its what i prefer to do.

it would also be great if there was a remaster tool that i could build from the original os and add the save file and then make the iso from that. this would solve this problem.
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Tue 02 Aug 2011, 08:25    Post_subject:  

If you're just making a custom Puppy for your own use, why not try a multisession DVD or CD instead? Essentially, multisession Puppy is a regular Puppy live DVD with the save file on the DVD. Isn't that what you asked for? You can customize a multisession Puppy all you want without the hassles involved in remastering.

Sorry if that's not much help; I've never remastered a Puppy or installed it on a hard disk.
DaveS

PostPosted: Tue 02 Aug 2011, 09:06    Post_subject: Re: Remastered with jwm as wm defaults to openbox wm instead  

HiDeHo wrote:
hi i am trying to remaster my final os.

i am using 525 as base. set up with jwm as wm.

after the remaster it defaulted back to openbox. which is not what my save file was set up to have. after booting the new remastered cd i went to jwm and my setup was there. Smile

is there a way to tell the remaster that i want to end up using the jwm setup. as the default. its what i prefer to do.

it would also be great if there was a remaster tool that i could build from the original os and add the save file and then make the iso from that. this would solve this problem.

What you really need is Dougals re-master script. This gives you the option to re-master in all your personal settings. I use it all the time with great results, but it has one BIG bug. If you do not use a work around, it borks the package manager.
Here is what you have to do to avoid that. look in your root directory for the hidden folder .packages (/root/.packages). Re-name it to something else, say, /root/.1packages.
Carry out your re-master, then after, rename it back to .packages in BOTH your original version, and your re-mastered version.

I will upload it here for you, but use with care Smile
The .pet will add the script to /root/my-applications/bin. Just click on it to get it to run.
Depending on which Puppy you are re-mastering, you may need to add an identity string to the finished re-master before it will run. If you do, post back here and I will explain how.
pupremaster.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  pupremaster.pet 
Filesize  10.53 KB 
Downloaded  106 Time(s) 

stu90

PostPosted: Tue 02 Aug 2011, 09:14    Post_subject:  

In the remaster directory before it builds the .sfs try changing in the file /etc/windowmanager openbox to jwm
DaveS

PostPosted: Tue 02 Aug 2011, 09:50    Post_subject:  

I also use the incredibly useful editsfs package. With this, you can go in to your sfs file or you re-master and make changes such as the one Stu90 describes without having to go through the whole process again. It is great if yopu want to change something or you accidentally left something out.
edit_sfs-2.1.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  edit_sfs-2.1.pet 
Filesize  7.93 KB 
Downloaded  104 Time(s) 

Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum