Dpup Exprimo 5.X.15

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
edoc

#811 Post by edoc »

pemasu wrote:Gimp-2.7.2 pet and sfs has been uploaded. 13 Mb as pet. NLS as separate pet package.

http://smokey01.com/pemasu/pet_packages-exprimo/
Excellent!

Gimp is a favorite tool here.

Thanks!
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603

pemasu

#812 Post by pemasu »

I simplified the Enlightenment menu by removing all submenus.

If you like the menus, like me, better as simplified menus without anykind submenus, install the attached pet, and there you go.
Attachments
Enlightenment-menu-simplified-0.0.1.pet
(1.47 KiB) Downloaded 179 times

radky

#813 Post by radky »

After Exprimo Update 0.0.2, the Pmount GUI has a 'large' icon for mounted drives, but this can be a problem for those who mount multiple partitions. The vertical dimension of the Pmount GUI can extend outside the viewable screen. :)
Last edited by radky on Mon 05 Sep 2011, 21:15, edited 1 time in total.

pemasu

#814 Post by pemasu »

Oops. I need to change it to more reasonable. I didnt change spesifically Pmount icon but it seems to use same icon as the app I changed it for.
I have to fix it.

Edit. I found more suitable one. Not oversized but good looking version for mini-filemgr.xpm. I will include that one. I will upload the next UPDATE for my icons - DOTdesktop files and probably simplified enlightenment menus...if I dont get much protests.

DaveS

#815 Post by DaveS »

Dont know where to start with Xfce, but it DOES interest me. Its a fine desktop environment...........
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

Iguleder

#816 Post by Iguleder »

I have a plan to write build scripts for Xfce.

I did this once but they were very simple and had no extra configuration options so the packages were quite big.

I think I'll write new ones when I upload a new release of Next Puppy.
[url=http://dimakrasner.com/]My homepage[/url]
[url=https://github.com/dimkr]My GitHub profile[/url]

DaveS

#817 Post by DaveS »

Iguleder wrote:I have a plan to write build scripts for Xfce.

I did this once but they were very simple and had no extra configuration options so the packages were quite big.

I think I'll write new ones when I upload a new release of Next Puppy.
Ha Ha... you are WAY more likely to succeed than me :)
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

pemasu

#818 Post by pemasu »

Dave S did splendid job with Openbox-Fbpanel windowmanager pets. Now Radky has finetuned those pets to even better integrate to the Dpup Exprimo. I have uploaded these new openbox-exprimo and fbpanel-exprimo pets to the pet_packages-exprimo repo.
Thank you both. Now I have triple window manager OS. Great.
Last edited by pemasu on Tue 06 Sep 2011, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.

DaveS

#819 Post by DaveS »

pemasu wrote:Dave S did splendid job with Openbox-Fbpanel windowmanager pets. Now Radky has finetuned those pets to even better integrate to the Dpup Exprimo. I have uploaded these new openboxexprimo and fbpanelexprimo pets to the pet_packages-exprimo repo.
Thank you both. Now I have triple window manager OS. Great.
Thanks Radky, all improvements gratefully accepted :)
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

radky

#820 Post by radky »

DaveS wrote:Thanks Radky, all improvements gratefully accepted :)
Thank you DaveS for providing the pet packages for Dpup. :)

For anyone interested, the Openbox/Fbpanel pets are available in the Exprimo repository, or you can download them here.

http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/pet_pack ... o-1.30.pet
http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/pet_pack ... mo-1.1.pet
Last edited by radky on Wed 07 Sep 2011, 01:10, edited 2 times in total.

edoc

#821 Post by edoc »

Is it possible that the Puplet name and version number could be written on top of the background (whatever background one chooses to use) - rather than either present only on a pre-made background (usually dominating the background)?

Since most of us seem to like a customized appearance, and many have expressed a desire to know precisely which version we have loaded, this might be helpful.

I know that I have several versions of Puppy, and several sub-versions of certain Puplets, and it's not always easy to know which is loaded on which computer -- especially when the background has been customized by the user.

It would be cool to have a block area of text - and a menu in setup from which to select what data to write to the screen - and to also be able to choose where on the screen to place it.

Or does that already exist and I am just out-of-the-loop?
[b]Thanks! David[/b]

DaveS

#822 Post by DaveS »

edoc wrote:Is it possible that the Puplet name and version number could be written on top of the background (whatever background one chooses to use) - rather than either present only on a pre-made background (usually dominating the background)?

Since most of us seem to like a customized appearance, and many have expressed a desire to know precisely which version we have loaded, this might be helpful.

I know that I have several versions of Puppy, and several sub-versions of certain Puplets, and it's not always easy to know which is loaded on which computer -- especially when the background has been customized by the user.

It would be cool to have a block area of text - and a menu in setup from which to select what data to write to the screen - and to also be able to choose where on the screen to place it.

It sure would. I usually just edit the text under the 'home' desktop icon.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

stu90

#823 Post by stu90 »

edoc wrote:Is it possible that the Puplet name and version number could be written on top of the background (whatever background one chooses to use) - rather than either present only on a pre-made background (usually dominating the background)?

You could do it with conky and use /etc/DISTRO_SPECS file for the relevant informations.

{exec grep 'DISTRO_NAME=' /etc/DISTRO_SPECS | cut -d "'" -f 2} ${exec grep 'DISTRO_VERSION' /etc/DISTRO_SPECS | cut -d "=" -f 2}

nooby

#824 Post by nooby »

DaveS wrote: I usually just edit the text under the 'home' desktop icon.

Home? There is no Home icon in slacko now when I look at it. Maybe there are in Dpup Exprimo 5.X.5?

I did something similar now inspired by you. The Help icon that one can be changed to Slacko B2 Help or just Slacko or Dpup Exprimo 5.X.5

looks good to me.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

DaveS

#825 Post by DaveS »

nooby wrote:
DaveS wrote: I usually just edit the text under the 'home' desktop icon.

Home? There is no Home icon in slacko now when I look at it. Maybe there are in Dpup Exprimo 5.X.5?

I do something that looks odd. I make a txt.txt file and then I symlink that one to the pinboard and rename it like the OS version I am in. Looks very bad. Ugly don't do that at home :)
Sorry Nooby... the little house icon that I think says 'files' is also called the 'home' icon. (bit of a hangover from dark distant Ubuntu days)
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

pemasu

#826 Post by pemasu »

Using stu90`s advice.
Exercise. Reduce the /etc/conky/conky.conf so that only the distro name is showing. Lol. Not included in the pet.
You need to reduce the cpu rows so that they represent your number of cpu`s

Code: Select all

${color white}CPU1: ${cpu cpu1}% ${alignr}${cpubar cpu1 8,60}
Last edited by pemasu on Wed 12 Oct 2011, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.

pemasu

#827 Post by pemasu »

I have uploaded Pmusic 2.01 with libid3 and net radio stations list to the pet_packages-exprimo repo.
With ffmpeg-0.8.0 it plays also radio stations. Ffmpeg-0.8.0 has been uploaded as pet and sfs to the repo.

edoc

#828 Post by edoc »

Y'all, all y'all, you-all, y'alls ... well, you know who you are! ;-)

I just had to say that you are all a never-ending code-slinging and problem-solving source of amazement to me!

Thanks for all that you do.
[b]Thanks! David[/b]

nancy reagan

#829 Post by nancy reagan »

edoc wrote:Y'all, all y'all, you-all, y'alls ... well, you know who you are! ;-)

I just had to say that you are all a never-ending code-slinging and problem-solving source of amazement to me!

Thanks for all that you do.

I SECOND THAT !!

pemasu

#830 Post by pemasu »

Has anybody followed if there is already updated Firefox after DigiNotar hijacked SSL sertificates problem. I have understood that all theirs SSL stuff will be removed from root folder of SSL sertificates. Dpup Exprimo 5.X.5 uses Seamonkey 2.3.2 which is in fact Seamonkey 2.3.1 with those DigiNotar root SSL stuff removed. That is why the naming is 2.3.1-2.32, hasty update.

Now I need to update Polarpup which uses Firefox. Also this is brief announcement that 5.X.5 is okay.