Dpup Exprimo 5.X.15

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
pemasu

#2206 Post by pemasu »

edoc. Dpup Exprimos suffer already of the too old libraries. Several apps does not work anymore in debian squeeze based build.

You could try dpup wheezy. It is still its early stage. I have though build it several times. and the worst bugs have been shaved out.

The PPM database surely need update as the first thing when you start to test it. Debian Wheezy is still under testing stage and the repo packages change.

edoc

#2207 Post by edoc »

Thanks for the suggestion!

Just downloaded and installed on an old Z500 laptop.

Looks great!

I'm looking for a PET for Seamonkey as it doesn't like the ancient Seamonkey 2.4.1 PET I was installing in Exprimo then updating.
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603

Pelo

Why contacts are missing in OSMO ?

#2208 Post by Pelo »

Why contacts are missing in OSMO ?
Last edited by Pelo on Sat 21 May 2016, 04:49, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

Dpup exprimo is the best ratio size/features

#2209 Post by Pelo »

Dpup exprimo is the best ratio size/features
This Puppy gives live again to an old laptop which was to be burried XPincluded, and hard drive out of service. :)
Attachments
DPUP.jpg
Perfect for Acer laptop 2004 512MB.
(92.76 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 10 Aug 2016, 10:09, edited 1 time in total.

musher0

Re: Why contacts are missing in OSMO ?

#2210 Post by musher0 »

Pelo wrote:Why contacts are missing in OSMO ?
Hi, pelo.

Because sometimes, some developers are very lonely, they have no friends; or maybe
they are orphans. ;) Therefore they do not need a contacts list.

They think everybody is like them, so they compile osmo without the contacts list.
(Very sad story, I know, but it happens !) :)
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Pelo

Musher0, contacts in OSMO are not my friends

#2211 Post by Pelo »

Musher0, contacts in OSMO are not my friends. My friends and my family are daily linked via Facebook,
This job has do be done within five hours by Mr Duracell.
Duracell is a worker, a slave perhaps, but not a friend of mine.
In task, category is fullfilled with their names. To permit me to phone them and check why the job is not done yet ! :)
Contacts can be objects too, a task has to be done on an object. My boss had several TodoList for that, one for typist pool, one for aircraft workshops, one for his rendez-vous, galants or professionnels.
In the Puppy forum, each one is the chief, no need to get users controled, as they are no users,

De Facto ; the Puppy i was glorifying is the Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.6.2.1 . Lot of puppies should consider it as an etalon, the nec plus ultra of what users need, instead of menus everywhere, and icons, and wallpapers... User will decorate as he likes, won't he, dear Bobsleigh Pusher 0 :D
read about Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.6.2.1 with kernel 3.6.2 here
The woof version and applications are the same as in Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.4.12. This release was for getting possible feedback about 3.6.2 kernel and usage of it in Puppy. Feedback is excellent.
"This Distro is a dream . It runs so smooth and mellow on my old Toshiba Satellite 3000 , on my Desktop-computer and on a small HP Dell-notebook .Compared to those bad old Windows days my live has became a kind of digital wellness trip since . " enjoyed Backi

OSMO had a bug :evil: , simply, in version 5X15

Pelo

Squeeze LTS : support LTS is finished

#2212 Post by Pelo »

To continue with debian Squeeze just change adress in .packages, repositories.
http://archive.debian.org/debian squeeze main
Tested ok with Gpaint to day
MMEX money Manager from the packages repository archived.
Attachments
MissMarple.jpg
My Puppy is rich, and manage his money
(62.38 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Last edited by Pelo on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 06:47, edited 4 times in total.

Pelo

Dpup exprimo is born to be alive

#2213 Post by Pelo »

Why Dpup exprimo is born to be alive, even when Squeeze LTS is no longer supported ?
Because i save a computer from trash in my family, and Dpup Exprimo is one of the three puppies that can run in the 512MB RAM without even using the swap (here for rescue when i make the computer work hard) . Dpup has a browser included, and is full featured not only with the applications provided in the menu, but from the PPM too.
Often people ask the forum what Puppy to use on the old computer, you can answer Dpup exprimo without any fear !
FYI i used Saluki 023 (XFCE) and Slacko 5.3.3thin beside Dpup exprimo.