Dpup Exprimo 5.X.15

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
pemasu

#1711 Post by pemasu »

Since Calibre is already in pet_packages-exprimo, I have believed so. Use Sfs Apps Loader icon.

pemasu

#1712 Post by pemasu »

I have fixed the getflash script. Now it informs the version of installed flashplayer and it pings numerical address. Wcpu-freq has been downgraded to the non 3.X supported version, not sure if it makes difference to Billtoo. Pmusic-2.4.0 with fixed Nad3 theme, Pupcontrol and PupClock updated to the latest.
I will upload it tomorrow and I suppose it should be the announced 5.X.13 with list of changes since 5.X.12.

edoc

#1713 Post by edoc »

pemasu wrote:Since Calibre is already in pet_packages-exprimo, I have believed so. Use Sfs Apps Loader icon.
If only I knew what it was before! :oops:

Thanks!
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603

edoc

#1714 Post by edoc »

edoc wrote:
pemasu wrote:Since Calibre is already in pet_packages-exprimo, I have believed so. Use Sfs Apps Loader icon.
If only I knew what it was before! :oops:

Thanks!
I am getting this pop-up error but no way to address it (there is no "Checkbox at the bottom").
You need to set locale to UTF-8. Desktop->Country Settings->
Chooselocale country localizations (Checkbox at the Bottom)
[b]Thanks! David[/b]

pemasu

#1715 Post by pemasu »

edoc

#1716 Post by edoc »

Silly me :oops: I was thinking that the error message was referring to something inside of the Calibre app ...

Anyhow, that worked ...

Calibre flagged a Update and when selected -- without asking first -- installed FireFTP (not cool).

I am not sure if it downloaded the update or not as it opened a Web page with the SUDO code and a bunch of other content along with the FireFTP tab.

The app looks good and I will try to test it later ... gotta run to an evening activity ...
[b]Thanks! David[/b]

pemasu

#1717 Post by pemasu »

I dont think so that calibre downloaded FireFTP. It is preinstalled in my used Firefox package. It probably popped up somehow.
But Calibre truly seems to autoupdate itself. Not sure if that FireFTP popping up is somehow related to the update...or not.
I did have FireFTP already in use....so I cant be sure.
If ppl didnt know...I have included FireFTP, Flashblock and Adblock. You just need to open extensions and enable them or it.

Billtoo

#1718 Post by Billtoo »

pemasu wrote:Wcpu-freq has been downgraded to the non 3.X supported version, not sure if it makes difference to Billtoo.
CPU frequency scaling utility works in this version of Slacko on the
athlon processor.
Attachments
cpuscrn.jpg
(75.23 KiB) Downloaded 609 times

pemasu

#1719 Post by pemasu »

Billtoo.

Code: Select all

# which wcpufreq
/usr/sbin/wcpufreq
Could you upload that script. Just add .gz to the name and upload it.
I would like to diff it.

Billtoo

#1720 Post by Billtoo »

pemasu wrote:Billtoo.

Code: Select all

# which wcpufreq
/usr/sbin/wcpufreq
Could you upload that script. Just add .gz to the name and upload it.
I would like to diff it.
Attachments
wcpufreq.gz
(23.68 KiB) Downloaded 208 times

mikeslr

Problem with SaveFiles

#1721 Post by mikeslr »

Hi pemasu & All,

First off, frisbee working flawlessly using wifi over several reboots.

5X13-reupload does not have a problem creating a SaveFile, nor recognizing the SaveFile created with the initial 5x13, after its name was changed to squeezesave, nor for that matter the squeezesave file created in 5x9. The problem is that when there is a choice of which SaveFiles to use at bootup, or even if there is only the 5x9 SaveFile and the question appears whether to upgrade it to 5x13, the keyboard becomes unresponsive, the system hangs, and the only way to move forward is to pull the plug.
Note my system uses a keyboard plugged into a USB port, but by now that is pretty standard.
This is not a 'deal-breaker' for me. I was just being lazy, trying to avoid having to rebuild my usual system. But I think there may still be some puppians --perhaps with limited computing resources-- who prefer having different SaveFile configurations and choosing which to boot up in accordance with their current needs.
I recall having a similar problem recently, but don't recall which puplet I was testing.

mikesLr

ciento

liggiomm and licurl-gnutls

#1722 Post by ciento »

Tried installing qtractor, hydrogen and guitarix2, from .debs,
but hydro needed libcurl-gnutls.so.4 and guitarix2 and
qtractor both needed libgiomm (other main dependencies are likely
met although more may be out there))

neither seems to be an easy dependency to solve.
Not expecting a solution, but mention it in case someone
else has a more mainstream application needing one of those,
and I could get lucky. (I can use those apps elesewhere, so
don't want to waste anyones valuable time.) :wink:

V5.X.8

pemasu

#1723 Post by pemasu »

Billtoo. There were more differences than just the conditional checking of new modules location in 3.X kernels.
Have you tested that 0.9 version script in Exprimo. Does it work if you replace that script and reboot and launch cpufreq from menu or from console.
The whole cpufreq is just that script. The other stuff in pet is just for menu entry.

Mikeslr. Thank you of your report. It includes same elements than SoundNICK`s earlier bug reports.
The problem. I use init script from woof. So the bootup recognizing is as Barry K has designed it. The difference and problems probably comes how usb section has been configured in kernel. And what might change the bootup usb detection and loading. It would need recompile....building new puplet...testing....recompiling...etc.
I believe I will let it be at this stage with 2.6.39.4 kernel. My next step will to continue with 3.X kernels.

Billtoo

#1724 Post by Billtoo »

pemasu wrote:Billtoo. There were more differences than just the conditional checking of new modules location in 3.X kernels.
Have you tested that 0.9 version script in Exprimo. Does it work if you replace that script and reboot and launch cpufreq from menu or from console.
The whole cpufreq is just that script. The other stuff in pet is just for menu entry.
I copied the script and rebooted, then ran the cpu frequency utiltiy and the k8 option was there, it's working now.

The ati proprietary driver seemed to be working okay yesterday but when I booted up this morning it wasn't working.I reran the installer and rebooted, again it seemed to be working okay but if I log out and run xwin X won't start.If I choose fglrx from the xorgwizard it won't start either.
Attachments
cpufscrn.jpg
(120.95 KiB) Downloaded 502 times

pemasu

#1725 Post by pemasu »

Billtoo. Thank you of confirmation. I will update to that 0.91 version of cpufreq. It is usable with 3.X kernels also.

About fglrx. That will be tricky. One possible conflict. You can try
#modprobe -r dri radeon and then try to load fglrx kernel module manually also
#modprobe fglrx.

#aticonfig --initial --input=/etc/X11/xorg.conf
above does not hurt also

Xorgwizard only loads xorg driver fglrx.so (something like that) and there is need for kernel module fglrx also.

pemasu

#1726 Post by pemasu »

I got sidetracked badly today...when I saw announcement in murga-linux about new peazip. So...I downloaded the portable version....hacked somewhat existing launching scripts...created rox right clicks...added mime link to several archive mimes and created a pet of it.
I would call it hole in one peazip-portable-4.4. More mime extensions can be added. There is 130 formats peazip support now...even .pet .deb .rpm and the whole usual set including .iso support.
The pet has also menu entry to launch it from menu > utility > peazip. Or from console with peazip

Five rox right clicks included with proper rox right click implementation. Mime association to 17 mime types. Much more can be added.

Those who didnt know...Peazip has graphical interface.

http://www.peazip.org/peazip-free-archiver.html

http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/pet_pack ... le-4.4.pet

Okay...my package is not exclusively tested. I extracted .pet .zip and tar.gz

don570

#1727 Post by don570 »

Would you put in the newest quick launch 2.5 ?

I've fixed some minor bugs. I'm still working on bacon recorder.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 582#601582

pemasu

#1728 Post by pemasu »

Sure I will. Thanks don570.

jpeps

#1729 Post by jpeps »

pemasu wrote:Sure I will. Thanks don570.
Didn't know that was loaded...very useful

pemasu

#1730 Post by pemasu »

I launched once again PupServer-435 which offers oob filesharing with samba server and cifs mounted shares.
The mount point is /mnt/network/PUPSERVER/usr=root passwd=woofwoof
The space in mount name fools puppy rc.shutdown script.
I tested this: umount -a -t cifs and yes...the umount did work. The cifs-shared folder content vanished.
So...adding this to the /etc/rc.d/rc.shutdown script and you get samba shares unmounted when shutting down.
Why to do that. Tubeguy posted that shutting down hangs several minutes when he had connected with pnethood to the PupServer-435. I can confirm that.