Fatdog64-520 beta 5

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
kirk

#16 Post by kirk »

I've got it working by forcing version 3 ( mount -t nfs -o vers=3 etc)
Your server is probably defaulting to version 2. Version 2 is included by default in the kernel modules. The problem is AUFS doesn't support version 2. From the aufs docs:
• NFSv2 is not supported. When you mount the exported aufs from your NFS client, you will need to some NFS options like v3 or nfsvers=3, especially if it is nfsroot.
You might get away with a version 2 mount if it's outside of the layered filesystem (e.g. /mnt/home/folder). I don't know about Lucid 525, for Fatdog64 AUFS is configured to handle (v3) nfs mounts within the layered filesystem.

nimbus

mhWaveEdit will not start beacause it is missing libjack.so.

#17 Post by nimbus »

Fatdog64 is missing it's only audio capture function (as far as I can tell) because when installing mhWaveEdit it doesn't include libjack.so.0 so no start.
How does one go about installing this library?
Also, an interesting note. I saw a comment a few pages back to the effect of why 64bit not any better than 32 except for addresses. Well not to knock puppy studio 3.3 but, renoise and sunvox run with much less audio latency on Fatdog64 than that 32bit rt kernel. This system is snappy.
Thanks for any tips on mhWaveEdit
Scott

kirk

#18 Post by kirk »

nimbus,

There is a audio SFS with lots of stuff in it. Also, I've made a pet package of Audacity-1.3.13b, it's in the repo, might want to try that. It does require wxwidgets, also in the repo.

I'm not happy with 2.6.39.3 right now, after the reports of the screen energy saver problem I did some more testing on my radeon box. I noticed 2d acceleration is not working. So I'll be testing with 2.6.38.8 tonight.

gcmartin

Could use some help in this Distro

#19 Post by gcmartin »

Moved