Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 18 Sep 2014, 07:50
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Suggestions
Gimp Plugins - Python Layer Effects (solved)
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
dalebednell

PostPosted: Fri 15 Jul 2011, 11:44    Post subject:  Gimp Plugins - Python Layer Effects (solved)  

Hi guys
Can any body help how to install python layer effects in gimp

Thanks in advance Dale

Last edited by dalebednell on Mon 29 Aug 2011, 03:01; edited 1 time in total
russoodle

PostPosted: Sun 17 Jul 2011, 00:11    Post subject:  

Hi Dale,

Can these effects not be installed in the same way as other Gimp filters, ie. in the plugins directory?

If not, then a likely person to help you with this would be CatDude....he's very tuned in to most things Puppy and graphics in particular. He's contributed several tutorials to the forums as well.

I would also like to suggest that you post questions like this one in the "Users" section of the forums, where you're more likely to receive a faster response. This section is actually for suggestions on what features, bufixes etc. might be required in future versions of Puppy Wink

Hope you find this helpful,
russoodle

EDIT: hang about there, Dale, there might be a good package available for d/l soon, if we're lucky..

russoodle

PostPosted: Sun 17 Jul 2011, 06:39    Post subject:  

OK....you don't mention what version of Puppy you're running, but Ttuuxxx put together a great package a while back, which CatDude has his paws on and has uploaded to my server:
http://puppylinuxstuff.meownplanet.net/catdude/Graphics/ttuuxxx-gimp-collection/
Enter username: puppy and pawsword: linux

Note: check CatDude's readme file first, so you might know whether or not this package will be compatible with what you're using.

dalebednell

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jul 2011, 14:47    Post subject: Gimp Plugins - Python Layer Effects  

Hi Dude
Thanks for responding sorry i did put this post in the wrong heading and i using puppy 5.2.6 and have gimp 2.6 installed and would like to install layer effects
the read me text in the link you gave said works for puppy 4 series so should it work for 5 series? ill give it a go later

Thanks again

Dale
russoodle

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jul 2011, 22:38    Post subject:  

Hi Dale,

I don't know if it will work on later versions than mentioned in CatDude's readme, but after you've tried it, would you please let us know how it goes?
You're the guinea-pig Wink

Thanks.

dalebednell

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug 2011, 03:42    Post subject: Gimp Plugins - Python Layer Effects  

Sorry to take a long time to respond and test gimp plugins from catdude after installing the packet gimp changed to an older gimp but still worked and had the python effect that i wanted but i did not test more than that so did every thing work i don't know
dalebednell

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug 2011, 03:43    Post subject: Gimp Plugins - Python Layer Effects  

Sorry to take a long time to respond and test gimp plugins from catdude after installing the packet gimp changed to an older gimp but still worked and had the python effect that i wanted but i did not test more than that so did every thing work i don't know Smile
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Suggestions
Jump to: