Slacko 312.37 110807

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
01micko

#436 Post by 01micko »

Sage wrote:Slack has always been one of my favourites, but, sadly, a very brief look at this Puppy proved disappointing. Won't get another chance to mess with it until tomorrow, but one glaring issue was browser display. Had never, ever seen 'aliasing' on any of my kit before, ancient or modern - didn't know what folks were complaining about. Now I see it for the first time (ATI - RV6DE). SM I hate anyway, so don't understand slavish adherence to it in derivatives? The curious reluctance to default to a mixture of US and Oz localisations continues to puzzle despite being raised here several times.
Notwithstanding this, and other apparent issues, the overall presentation is rather pleasant as well as the speed.
My bad Sage.. there is a template in woof that partially strips libxcb* (all variants included) and this cripples rendering in some kit in Slacko. While my old brookdale (once the bugs were sorted) rendered beautifully my recent radeon looked like fly poo on the monitor! Please test beta 2 when you get the chance (approx a week away).. seamonkey wont be so mucky.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

Sage

#437 Post by Sage »

Glad it's not my finger trouble!
I know BK hates me maligning SM, but really, from a user viewpoint it's pants. Noted that the new Salix LXDE 13.37 (Slack-ish) has decamped to Midori; a sound choice, although Opera remains my favourite. Sometimes it's better, at least for those who are able, to worry the h*ll out of good apps that have Flash or other issues, even if it means writing to the developers. Noted that BK does indeed communicate with originators, most of whom are co-operative. The Salix guys seem to have a lot of good ideas, but still behind the vision encapsulated in Puppies.
HW or SW development needs real stamina! I only do the former.