Nathan Wallpaper Setter -update

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
jtcullen64

Lupu 5.2.8 Nathan Wallpaper Setter Solution to a problem

#16 Post by jtcullen64 »

Found this solution to an old problem with Nathan Wallpaper Setter that I've not read about on the forums. Using Lucid 5.2.8-004 HDD installed. My daughter had set the desktop background by right-clicking the browse icon on the desktop and selecting the 'Backdrop...' option. She browsed for her picture, which was NOT in the usual /usr/share/backgrounds location. She got the background set but, thereafter, Nathan Wallpaper Setter refused to launch. Tried every trick I read about in the forums. I even tried reinstalling version 0.6.2 and no go. Entering 'wallpaper' in terminal returned the line of code in the Wallpaper app that it aborted on. Once she told me about the right-click trick with the desktop 'Browse' icon, I tried it myself and reset the wallpaper to a .jpg image that was located in the proper place - usr/share/backgrounds. Closing that all out, I went back to Nathan Wallpaper Setter in the Desktop menu and... it now launches perfectly, just the way it used to! If anyone can't launch Nathan Wallpaper Setter, this trick to get Nathan to work again just might work for you too!

Argolance

#17 Post by Argolance »

Hello,
How to change/modify the "ugly" Grey background color that is displayed all around a picture which is smaller than the screen/desktop size?

Suggestion:
  • - Let user choose this color in the Preferences
    - Automatically (or let user choose...) copy external pictures in /usr/share/backgrounds
    - Add a link inside the tree list to this directory, or make it be the default displayed directory when running the application...
Thank you.

Cordialement.
Last edited by Argolance on Thu 17 May 2012, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

russoodle

#18 Post by russoodle »

Argolance wrote:Hello,
How to change/modify the "ugly" Grey background color that is displayed all around a picture which is smaller than the screen/desktop size?
Thank you.

Cordialement.
Dear oh dear, Argolance.. :roll:
Too much good French wine there, mate?

A good idea would be to have a wallpaper image that fits your screen, or try using the "stretch" option in the wallpaper setter.. :wink:
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

Argolance

#19 Post by Argolance »

Dear oh dear, Argolance.. :roll:
Too much good French wine there, mate?
Dear oh dear, russoodle, :D I like wine but am absolutely not a drinker... An occasional smoker, perhaps? :wink:
A good idea would be to have a wallpaper image that fits your screen, or try using the "stretch" option in the wallpaper setter.. Wink
Yes indeed, this could be a good idea but this would not solve the problem which is standing behind!=> Please, see this post!

Cordialement.