Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 27 Aug 2014, 14:58
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Lucid Puppy 5.2.7 RC2
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 20 of 91 [1351 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, ..., 89, 90, 91 Next
Jades

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul 2011, 18:27    Post subject:  

Deleted duplicate post.
Last edited by Jades on Mon 11 Jul 2011, 08:58; edited 2 times in total
Jades

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul 2011, 18:29    Post subject:  

Deleted duplicate post.
Last edited by Jades on Mon 11 Jul 2011, 08:59; edited 1 time in total
Jades

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul 2011, 18:37    Post subject:  

playdayz wrote:
Luci-263 is now posted in the first message of this thread. This is the 3rd development release.

Damnit! I've only just upgraded my fresh install of 260 to 262. Wink For the record, things seem to have gone smoothly so far. On 260 I noticed that it took a long time for the speaker icon on the icon bar to lose its cross.

playdayz wrote:
[Please boot luci-263 with 'puppy pfix=ram' on a CD, or with 'pfix=ram' as boot option in the grub menu.lst, or rename or delete any lucisave.2fs or 3fs on your disk.

There are times when I wish that you'd elaborate on your reasoning for certain things, and this is one of them. Bear in mind that when Lupu 526 is released many people will be upgrading their existing install and may not take kindly to having to create a new save for a minor point release.

What, specifically, is your reason for creating a new file and removing existing ones?

Tman

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul 2011, 18:37    Post subject: ...
Subject description: ...

SFS-Load is great, now I no longer need a pupsavefile.

Playdayz, I have a few suggestions, all of them would take minimal space:

1) More modern looking mini-icons

2) ScOttman's Default-Programs-Chooser

3) Since dillo is the defaultbrowser, and dillo does not use flashplayer, why not remove flashplayer to save some megs?

4) Some bookmarks for dillo, especially a link to the murga-linux forum.

Last edited by Tman on Wed 13 Jul 2011, 21:40; edited 1 time in total
Tman

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul 2011, 18:46    Post subject: ...
Subject description: ...

Duplicate entry: something was wrong with the forum that night.
Last edited by Tman on Wed 13 Jul 2011, 21:38; edited 2 times in total
Tman

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul 2011, 18:53    Post subject: my requests
Subject description: .

deleted duplicate entry
Last edited by Tman on Wed 13 Jul 2011, 21:38; edited 1 time in total
Jades

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul 2011, 18:57    Post subject:  

Further to my previous post, I've rebooted Luci 262 a couple of times and haven't noticed a repeat of the slow initialisation of sound I'd seem with Luci 260. In general, Luci 26x seems to be quicker than Lupu 525 although I haven't tested it extensively.
playdayz

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul 2011, 19:52    Post subject:  

Quote:
[Please boot luci-263 with 'puppy pfix=ram' on a CD, or with 'pfix=ram' as boot option in the grub menu.lst, or rename or delete any lucisave.2fs or 3fs on your disk.

There are times when I wish that you'd elaborate on your reasoning for certain things, and this is one of them. Bear in mind that when Lupu 526 is released many people will be upgrading their existing install and may not take kindly to having to create a new save for a minor point release.

What, specifically, is your reason for creating a new file and removing existing ones?

Luci-262 was flawed. There were some significant enhancements from rerwin and in installing them I misunderstood what Woof would do, and some were left out. There was also at least one file that should have been deleted and wasn't. Doing it wrong was worse than not doing it, of course. So, all in all I thought we should remove those problems from the testing environment by not updating luci-262. I mentioned the problem I think, but I did not explain the relation between the flawed 262 and the need to start 263 pfix=ram. Thanks.

Yes, Lucid 5.2.6 should be an easy upgrade to a Lucid 5.2.5 save file. However, just as with all the Lucids after the first one, I will say
Quote:
Tips on Updating
1. Fresh installs don't have any update problems Wink
playdayz

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul 2011, 19:55    Post subject:  

Quote:
playdayz wrote:

Luci-262 was flawed. There were some significant enhancements from rerwin and in installing them I misunderstood what Woof would do, and some were left out. There was also at least one file that should have been deleted and wasn't. Doing it wrong was worse than not doing it, of course. So, all in all I thought we should remove those problems from the testing environment by not updating luci-262. I mentioned the problem I think, but I did not explain the relation between the flawed 262 and the need to start 263 pfix=ram. Thanks. That's also the reason 263 came so quick after 262. there was a week between 260 and 262.

Yes, Lucid 5.2.6 should be an easy upgrade to a Lucid 5.2.5 save file. However, just as with all the Lucids after the first one, I will say
Quote:
Tips on Updating
playdayz

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul 2011, 19:55    Post subject:  

Quote:
playdayz wrote:

Luci-262 was flawed. There were some significant enhancements from rerwin and in installing them I misunderstood what Woof would do, and some were left out. There was also at least one file that should have been deleted and wasn't. Doing it wrong was worse than not doing it, of course. So, all in all I thought we should remove those problems from the testing environment by not updating luci-262. I mentioned the problem I think, but I did not explain the relation between the flawed 262 and the need to start 263 pfix=ram. Thanks. That's also the reason 263 came so quick after 262. there was a week between 260 and 262.

Quote:
Tips on Updating
playdayz

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul 2011, 19:56    Post subject:  

Luci-262 was flawed. There were some significant enhancements from rerwin and in installing them I misunderstood what Woof would do, and some were left out. There was also at least one file that should have been deleted and wasn't. Doing it wrong was worse than not doing it, of course. So, all in all I thought we should remove those problems from the testing environment by not updating luci-262. I mentioned the problem I think, but I did not explain the relation between the flawed 262 and the need to start 263 pfix=ram. Thanks.

Quote:
Tips on Updating
playdayz

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul 2011, 19:59    Post subject:  

Quote:
Tips on Updating
James C

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul 2011, 20:00    Post subject:  

Test post..... Smile
playdayz

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul 2011, 20:04    Post subject:  

Quote:
Tips on Updating
James C

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul 2011, 20:09    Post subject:  

Lets see if this will post?
Page 20 of 91 [1351 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, ..., 89, 90, 91 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: