Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 02 Sep 2014, 10:33
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Cutting edge
Gtkdialog Development
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 29 of 55 [821 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, ..., 53, 54, 55 Next
Argolance

PostPosted: Wed 30 Nov 2011, 17:13    Post subject:  

Hello thunor!
Had to leave home (far from my Toutou/Puppy, I am running Windows 7! Evil or Very Mad ), so sorry for replying so late!
Well...
Thanks for brain storming and code lines I will test when I am back on Saturday...
I guess I didn't mind it would be so complicate. I am wondering why this doesn't happen while running Puppy 431, running gtk 2 14 7 and gtkdialog version 0.8.1 (C) 2003-2007 Laszlo Pere, 2011 Thunor (self compiled from svn repository: november 21)
As reported above, when delimiter=comma inside the script, all seems working fine with any locale. Tested with en, es, de, fr locales. (Delemiter=point doesn't work with en, es, de, fr locales).

Strange thing indeed!

Best regards.

Argolance

PostPosted: Sun 04 Dec 2011, 12:53    Post subject:  

Hello Thunor,
Back home I tried code lines given above and as expected, this seems working perfectly, as well running Puppy/Toutou 4.31 as Wary 5.2.2 with any locales: great! Very Happy
[EDIT on 2011/12/08]... unfortunately not with any locales as said above! Embarassed
I am trying to go further!
Thank you so much!
Cordialement.

Last edited by Argolance on Thu 08 Dec 2011, 07:54; edited 1 time in total
Geoffrey

PostPosted: Mon 05 Dec 2011, 00:07    Post subject:  

I was wondering if it is at all possible to give "fileselect" an option so it is able to select both files and directories and still have the ability to create a newfolder.

I have noticed if "fs-folder="/" is omitted that if fs-action="file" is used that a folder can be selected if it is highlighted and OK is selected, if the folder is double clicked it functions as it should.
Code:
export TEST='   
<window width-request="300" title="This should only select files" resizable="false" decorated="true">
<vbox>
   <hbox>
   <entry fs-action="file"
        fs-title="Select a file ">
   <variable>TEST</variable>
   </entry>
   <button>
      <input file stock="gtk-open"></input>
      <action>fileselect:TEST</action>
   </button>
   </hbox>
</vbox>         
</window>'
gtkdialog --program=TEST

Geoffrey
thunor

Location: Minas Tirith, in the Pelennor Fields fighting the Easterlings

PostPosted: Mon 05 Dec 2011, 17:56    Post subject:  

@argolance: You're welcome.

Hi Geoffrey

Geoffrey wrote:
I was wondering if it is at all possible to give "fileselect" an option so it is able to select both files and directories and still have the ability to create a newfolder.

Unfortunately no. These are the actions and I've offered them all: http://developer.gnome.org/gtk/2.24/GtkFileChooser.html#GtkFileChooserAction

Geoffrey wrote:
I have noticed if "fs-folder="/" is omitted that if fs-action="file" is used that a folder can be selected if it is highlighted and OK is selected, if the folder is double clicked it functions as it should.

I can't work out what you are saying there. Because fs-action="file", having a folder selected in the list and pressing OK (or double-clicking it) will open the folder which is how it should work. For me there's no difference between the two methods and I have to either select a file and press OK or press Cancel for the dialog to close. I can't select a folder, press OK and have the dialog close.

Regards,
Thunor
vovchik

PostPosted: Mon 05 Dec 2011, 18:23    Post subject:  

Deat thunor,

Playmusic is a very little app. I am glad you are having fun playing with your own foster child (gtkdialog) and am waiting to see your gtkdialog game!

With kind regards,
vovchik
01micko

PostPosted: Mon 05 Dec 2011, 21:24    Post subject:  

Hey guys.. forum member akash_rawal has made a neat discovery (well ... discovery for some of us!)

Read on from his post to the next page. The theming possibilities are endless with the aid of pamcut. (One for the tips thread ziggy)

Cheers

Geoffrey

PostPosted: Tue 06 Dec 2011, 00:43    Post subject:  

thunor wrote:
@argolance: You're welcome.

Hi Geoffrey

I can't work out what you are saying there. Because fs-action="file", having a folder selected in the list and pressing OK (or double-clicking it) will open the folder which is how it should work. For me there's no difference between the two methods and I have to either select a file and press OK or press Cancel for the dialog to close. I can't select a folder, press OK and have the dialog close.

Regards,
Thunor

Hi Thunor,
I may have been a little vague, the script in my last post, if I run that and it opens showing "Recently Used" and there is a folder there, if I highlight the folder then press OK it selects the folder showing the path in the entry, if it is doubled clicked and opened then you go back one and select it again it works normally.

I was just thinking that I'm sure I read in the forum a number of years ago that someone asked if both files and directories could be selected and they could and was shown how, but it being so long ago I can't remember how it was done and whether it was to do with "fileselect" or "chooser".

The reason behind this was that the path to an object was needed, either a file or directory, so Ive been hunting for a solution, I was thinking that it may have been an option either file, directory or no restriction which would be handy.

Regards,
Geoffrey
Argolance

PostPosted: Thu 08 Dec 2011, 06:31    Post subject:
Subject description: Set decimal mark inside (hscale) scripts according to locales!

Hello thunor,
Quote:
This is how you could approach it:
[...]

=> Please see this thread: Another way to approach... and finally solve it! Wink (?)
But I am wondering if the easiest way should not be to force a single decimal mark (comma or point) just during the script process? Should it be possible?

Regards

Geoffrey

PostPosted: Fri 16 Dec 2011, 20:24    Post subject:
Subject description: Window and taskbar icon

vovchik wrote:
Dear thunor,

Would it be possible to add the following:
Code:
gtk_window_set_icon_from_file(long,char*,void*)

to the window code so as to allow for user-defined pixmaps as window/taskbar icons? I have used that gtk call in progs in C and Bacon myself, so I know it is a cinch. All that is needed, apart from the imported function, is an appropriate tag_attr, which, along side the existing icon-name="gtk-xxxx" could be something like pixmap="path to img". Any thoughts?

With kind regards,
vovchik

vovchik,

User icons in gtk window/taskbar, that seems to work in Quirky 1.2.0 and in Racy 5.2.2.
I mention it here http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=589549#589549 It does make easier to distinguish whats running at a glance, looks nicer to Smile

regards,
Geoffrey

vovchik,

It looks like I found some clue to how it's done, I copied /usr/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache from Quirky 1.2.0 and replaced the one in lupu_528, now I can use any of the icons in /usr/share/icons/hicolor/, using this syntax
Code:
 icon-name="abc"

maybe you could confirm that this works and is what you wanted to do.

Geoffrey

Edit: I don't know whats the go with this, but I changed the icon-theme.cache back to the original and it still works, even after a reboot, it must be something else Confused

Edit: see vovchik's explanation below in regard to icon-theme.cache
gtk_icons.jpg
 Description   taskbar image using abc.png I created that I located in /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/abc.png
 Filesize   2.27 KB
 Viewed   941 Time(s)

gtk_icons.jpg

Last edited by Geoffrey on Mon 19 Dec 2011, 01:44; edited 2 times in total
vovchik

PostPosted: Sat 17 Dec 2011, 04:52    Post subject:  

Dear Geoffrey,

Thanks. I'll test it out today. Although once Thunor has a bit of time, I am certain he will include the little icon feature.Smile

With kind regards,
vovchik
Dougal

PostPosted: Sat 17 Dec 2011, 09:25    Post subject:
Subject description: Window and taskbar icon

Geoffrey wrote:
It looks like I found some clue to how it's done, I copied /usr/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache from Quirky 1.2.0 and replaced the one in lupu_528, now I can use any of the icons in /usr/share/icons/hicolor/, using this syntax
Code:
 icon-name="abc"

Hmm. Wouldn't it be simpler to run gtk-update-icon-cache?

But I think it's your mind
vovchik

PostPosted: Sat 17 Dec 2011, 09:27    Post subject:  

Dear Geoffrey,

Brilliant. It works even without touching icon-theme.cache on Lucid. And it shows the icon I specify on the taskbar. It is a little thing, but does help to identify the program.

Run this to update your own cache:

Code:
gtk-update-icon-cache -f -i /usr/share/icons/hicolor

If you don't use the flags the file will be very big (containing compressed images and not just the names of the images) and existing caches will not get overwritten.

More info here:

http://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/gtk/gtk-update-icon-cache.html

Thanks.

With kind regards,
vovchik
Geoffrey

PostPosted: Sat 17 Dec 2011, 11:16    Post subject:  

vovchik wrote:
Dear Geoffrey,

Brilliant. It works even without touching icon-theme.cache on Lucid. And it shows the icon I specify on the taskbar. It is a little thing, but does help to identify the program.

Run this to update your own cache:

Code:
gtk-update-icon-cache -f -i /usr/share/icons/hicolor

If you don't use the flags the file will be very big (containing compressed images and not just the names of the images) and existing caches will not get overwritten.

More info here:

http://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/gtk/gtk-update-icon-cache.html

Thanks.

With kind regards,
vovchik

Great it works for you, I've been using this for at lest the last 12 months, I only came across it by accident and never gave it a second thought.

Dougal wrote:
Hmm. Wouldn't it be simpler to run gtk-update-icon-cache?

Was unaware that the icon cache needed to be updated for it to work as it just seemed to work for me.

Yes it is a handy thing for when the taskbar gets a little crowded and the only thing is a icon to see whats running and thank-you for the info much appreciated

Geoffrey
jpeps

PostPosted: Tue 17 Jan 2012, 20:46    Post subject:  

I thought it would be interesting if there were a way to take <tree selection-mode="3" one step further by adding checkboxes, like with greq -c. I can think of a lot of uses. Thanks!

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=74113&start=45
technosaurus

PostPosted: Tue 17 Jan 2012, 22:22    Post subject:  

doesn't zigbert already have some apps that show icons as the first object in a tree ... can the images change based on "selected"? maybe not, but if so you should be able to use {un}checked.png
Page 29 of 55 [821 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, ..., 53, 54, 55 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Cutting edge
Jump to: