Cdrecord TAO burn glitch - two extra sectors

Please post any bugs you have found
irlandes

I have had bad luck on Graveman...

#16 Post by irlandes »

I downloaded them all, tarballs, 0.3.9; 10; 11; and 12.5 (?). and set them up on my laptop with Mandriva because it has the required stuff to compile. I ran them on Mandriva.

3.9 compiled; ran okay, but md5sum on iso had input/output error.

3.10 would not install. I had to mkdir several directories to get a clean install, then it ran, but iso had input/output error.

3.11 as soon as I called it via terminal command, it started spitting out assertion failures, on that, um, g_hash_table_lookup or something like that, that they use to develop a lot of variables, and eventually crashed.

3.12.5 (?) compiled and installed okay, but when I tried to burn an iso, it wouldn't even give me a solid burn button.

I have not yet produced the latest cdrdao.

I am trying to verify if the remasterpup2 actually provides a open multisession or not. I sure can't get puppy to save on shutdown, and will continue to find out why.

One interesting thing, K3b uses an undocumented command when calling cdrdao, to burn from a iso file on HD, in multisession mode, --remote followed by a hashed file name in /tmp which seems to hold only basic file name and location --unless I missed it in man. I will try to get my hands on Mandrake source as well as google for it.

Well, maybe one of us will get lucky.

Um, also I made a number of cd's of remastered, with multisession, and Graveman would add to them more files in DAtaCD, if I put it in TAO mode, and do not fixate. So, that part works.

I just noticed that in remasterpup2, there is no --nofix so I need to look at that again.

Well, down but not out. :)

miriam

#17 Post by miriam »

I've lately been having problems burning iso to CD. I thought those were well behind me, but I have a feeling my new computer's CD/DVD drive is the culprit. In the end I managed to burn the iso from the command line using:

Code: Select all

cdrecord -multi -data -eject -v speed=4 dev=ATAPI:/dev/sr0 "blah.iso"
I wonder what is going on...

I'll experiment more when I get back home tonight...
[color=blue]A life! Cool! Where can I download one of those from?[/color]