Linux program to examine/modify Win program resources?

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
Makoto

Linux program to examine/modify Win program resources?

#1 Post by Makoto »

I know there are a number of them for Windows, but I was wondering if there was anything native for Linux. I'm already running a couple through Wine; I'd like to cut back on the number of programs I'm running through Wine, anyway. :oops:

I believe there's at least one using Delphi... just curious, offhand, but are there any Delphi interpreters for Linux, or is that language too wedded to Windows? (Not that I know how to program in Delphi, anyway.) I think Lazarus was mentioned as a sort-of alternative, and someone posted a version of that, recently. But how close it'd be to regular Delphi, I wouldn't know. :oops:
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

DPUP5520

#2 Post by DPUP5520 »

[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69651][b][i]PupRescue 2.5[/i][/b][/url]
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=72178][b][i]Puppy Crypt 528[/i][/b][/url]

Makoto

#3 Post by Makoto »

Maybe. Here's the Lazarus/Free Pascal package that was posted, recently:

Lazarus 0.9.30 + FreePascal fpc 2.4.2

That'd probably be very much a last resort, though - while the one program I mentioned that was programmed in Delphi does have its source freely available, apparently, to compile it, the author wants a handful of additional dependent development packages (Windows executables) installed. :| And, of course, I don't really know how to program in either Pascal or Delphi, anyway. :oops:
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).