Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 20 Aug 2014, 05:07
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » REQUESTS
Battery monitor in XFCE (Solved)
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
StEtOc|nA

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jun 2011, 18:17    Post_subject:  Battery monitor in XFCE (Solved)  

Hi guys, just met puppy and lovely world without my old computer crashing every 10 seconds because of antivirus or such things. Great system.

Anyway, I am sure there were like gazzilion topics around here because of this, but I have problem with battery monitor. I mean, there is battery monitor (you can see it on my picture). The problem is that it only indicates battery state when pressed and I don't see if my battery is low (except checking the status).

Now this should be no big deal, but I had my cable drop out 2 times today and it was really frustrating when computer shuts off by itself.

I managed to install dingo-battery and asapm but it only worked on JWM. On XFCE it just doesn't work (I can only start manually asapm and cant put it on tray). I read people say that XFCE has battery indicator installed in package but I am not able to find it. I read on XFCE there is xfce4-battery-plugin, but I have no clue how to install it. Any help with this or some other program on XFCE. I would hate to go back on JWM cause this is more convinient for me.

Thanks in advance.
Ekran.jpg
 Description   My tray
 Filesize   4.84 KB
 Viewed   729 Time(s)

Ekran.jpg

Edited_time_total
dejan555

PostPosted: Sat 25 Jun 2011, 05:02    Post_subject:  

For which puppy version? If for lucid I guess you could try installing this deb:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/i386/xfce4-battery-plugin/download

Where are you from btw? Smile

StEtOc|nA

PostPosted: Sat 25 Jun 2011, 05:22    Post_subject:  

dejan555 wrote:
For which puppy version? If for lucid I guess you could try installing this deb:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/i386/xfce4-battery-plugin/download

Where are you from btw? Smile

Hey, thank you very much, problem solved and now I am more than happy Very Happy

Anyway, I'm from Serbia, but working in Niksic (strange story how this happened). Cheers and thanks
john3voltas

PostPosted: Thu 11 Aug 2011, 09:00    Post_subject:  

Aha! So I'm not the only one with this problem.
Only, I'm using Openbox that comes with Lucid 525.
But the battery icon behaviour is the same.
Which means there's a small glitch in the Matrix and I just hope someone could try to investigate it.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » REQUESTS
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum