Lighthouse 64 5.11 Alpha for 64-bit processors

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
jim3630

#76 Post by jim3630 »

Hi, did a frugal manual hdd install to ext4, got the security update. os quickly found my troublesome broadcom wl.ko driver and after input of wep particulars connected no problem.

It does lose wifi connection periodically. do you have a "stay connected" pet? do you have a touch pad control...off and on?

Thank you for a very polished posh work.

Thu 28 Jul 2011 Operating System: Lighthouse64-511 Linux 2.6.35.7
2.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Device 0046 (rev 02)
oem: Intel(R)Ironlake Mobile Graphics Chipset Accelerated VGA BIOS product: Intel(R)Ironlake Mobile Graphics Controller Hardware Version 0.0

X Server: Xorg Driver: intel
X.Org version: 1.9.0
dimensions: 1024x768 pixels (270x203 millimeters)
depth of root window: 24 planes

direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.4
OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ironlake Mobile GEM 20100328 2010Q1
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.8.2

Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6100
Core 0: 1999 1: 1999 MHz

...the above also recorded at '/tmp/root/report-video-glx'.

bash-4.1# glxgears
Running synchronized to the vertical refresh. The framerate should be
approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.
301 frames in 5.0 seconds = 60.135 FPS
300 frames in 5.0 seconds = 59.820 FPS
300 frames in 5.0 seconds = 59.819 FPS
300 frames in 5.0 seconds = 59.822 FPS
300 frames in 5.0 seconds = 59.822 FPS
300 frames in 5.0 seconds = 59.819 FPS

-Computer-
Processor : 2x Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6100 @ 2.00GHz
Memory : 3850MB (297MB used)
Operating System : Unknown distribution
User Name : root (root)
Date/Time : Thu 28 Jul 2011 07:55:51 PM PDT
-Display-
Resolution : 1024x768 pixels
OpenGL Renderer : Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ironlake Mobile GEM 20100328 2010Q1
X11 Vendor : The X.Org Foundation

tazoc

Multi-session bugfix, LXPanel pager workaround

#77 Post by tazoc »

If you are saving your session to CD/DVD (Multi-session mode) the Pet below should enable saving via the desktop icon. This is only recommended if you need to save your session from the desktop, prior to shutdown under PUPMODE 77.

Type 'ver' in terminal to confirm your PUPMODE. Normally this is 5 at first boot and 12 or 13 after frugal install. Here is a mode summary taken from the init script:

Code: Select all

Configuration             PUPMODE

full install                      2
full install, flash drive:     3
first boot (or pfix=ram):  5
pup_save is a partition:  6
ditto, but flash drive:      7
normal running puppy:    12
ditto, but flash drive:      13
multisession cd/dvd:      77 (13+64)

See /etc/rc.d/initrd.txt to open the init script.
If switching a desktop viewport by clicking on the LXPanel Pager (taskbar in Openbox) fails, try scrolling the mouse wheel / touchpad slidebar, while the pointer is held over the Pager.

If using Frisbee for wireless connectivity and use more than one access point, you can create multiple profiles and usually Frisbee can seamlessly acquire a new connection when the previous is out of range.
My Mom's health had been slowly declining but she suddenly passed away in her sleep yesterday early morning; possibly related to a stroke she suffered a while back. As I live very far away, I'm thinking about flying out to the funeral, so I may be away for while.

Maybe other Lighthouse users here on the forum can respond to inquires for assistance while I'm away. Thank you for your consideration during this difficult time.

-TazOC
Attachments
MultiSessionBugfix-L64-511a2.pet
Fix for L64-511A only for Multi-session CD/DVD mode.
Enables saving session to burner via deskop icon.
(6.7 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
[url=http://www.lhpup.org/][b][size=100]lhpup.org[/size][/b] [img]http://www.lhpup.org/gallery/images/favicon.png[/img][/url] [url=http://www.lhpup.org/release-lhp.htm#602]Lighthouse 64 6.02[/url]

Q5sys

Re: Multi-session bugfix, LXPanel pager workaround

#78 Post by Q5sys »

tazoc wrote:My Mom's health had been slowly declining but she suddenly passed away in her sleep yesterday early morning; possibly related to a stroke she suffered a while back. As I live very far away, I'm thinking about flying out to the funeral, so I may be away for while.
At least she went in peace in her sleep instead of painfully and awake. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

Jim1911

#79 Post by Jim1911 »

tazoc wrote: My Mom's health had been slowly declining but she suddenly passed away in her sleep yesterday early morning; possibly related to a stroke she suffered a while back. As I live very far away, I'm thinking about flying out to the funeral, so I may be away for while.
Take your time and rest assured that our prayers are for you and your family during this time of grief.

HCSB, 2 Tim:7-8 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 There is reserved for me in the future the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on that day, and not only to me, but to all those who have loved His appearing.

Jim

Q5sys

#80 Post by Q5sys »

Jim1911 wrote:
tazoc wrote: My Mom's health had been slowly declining but she suddenly passed away in her sleep yesterday early morning; possibly related to a stroke she suffered a while back. As I live very far away, I'm thinking about flying out to the funeral, so I may be away for while.
Take your time and rest assured that our prayers are for you and your family during this time of grief.

HCSB, 2 Tim:7-8 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 There is reserved for me in the future the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on that day, and not only to me, but to all those who have loved His appearing.

Jim
Gotta love 2nd Timothy... but i always favored Romans...
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers,
nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation,
will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
~Romans 8.31

Barburo

#81 Post by Barburo »

My condolences Taz, and thanks for thinking of us Puppy-ites when your focus must be on family.

Take your time - LHP64 511a is extremely stable, so it shouldn't need much looking after.

B.
[i]Laptop[/i]: Acer Aspire 5810TZ

jim3630

#82 Post by jim3630 »

tazoc, I am sorry for the loss of your mother. a time families can come together.

TrailerTrash

LH64 Alpha Surprise

#83 Post by TrailerTrash »

I think this edition of Lighthouse is great but perhaps I'll wait for the stable copy. I had the same troubles as everyone else with the "save" file creation but, in addition, LH erased all my other Puppy Save files. I had them all backed up on a separate drive so no biggie but ??? I am not a dev guy and cannot provide any useful information beyond what I've written.

During my test drive LH64 was so nice that I'd forgotten it was an "alpha" so this one glitch is all I noted.

I'll be watching the forum... Thanks.

Tman

#84 Post by Tman »

Taz,

The loss of your mother is sad news. May GOD bless the her spirit with peace and renewed vitality.

Roy

#85 Post by Roy »

try scrolling the mouse wheel / touchpad slidebar, while the pointer is held over the Pager
Thank you, tazoc, that works well. I am sorry to hear about you mother's passing and hope you are doing well.

-Roy

Jim1911

#86 Post by Jim1911 »

Hi TazOC,

Can we expect a beta soon? However, the alpha is running great.

How is KDE coming along? Also, please consider adding gnome-games.

Thanks,
Jim

tazoc

#87 Post by tazoc »

[url=http://www.lhpup.org/][b][size=100]lhpup.org[/size][/b] [img]http://www.lhpup.org/gallery/images/favicon.png[/img][/url] [url=http://www.lhpup.org/release-lhp.htm#602]Lighthouse 64 6.02[/url]

wacossusca34

#88 Post by wacossusca34 »

Hey, just though I may post what I posted in the bugs section of these forums. I really want lighthouse working again - loved how fast it was going:
Ok... So I tried out lighthouse pup, since I left lucid puppy looking for more out of my linux. I don't really know what I was thinking since it doesn't really get that much better with performance than puppy distros.

So I looped back (From trying the painfully slow, but good looking Pardus Linux) into lighthouse. It performs fast on my 2.4 single core Intel CPU, especially since it's 64 bit, I've been used to 32 bit lucid puppy.

Everything was working nice, I installed chrome, google earth, Java, some desktop widgets, and a few other cool applications. Then I installed the Marine .sfs. It says it includes some NVidia drivers, I was expecting some to work with my graphics card - I was anticipating the compiz effects I was about to use, except it calls for some graphics acceleration.

So I went to do what I normally do - run xorgwizard. I exit to promt... and guess what? No prompt! just a plain old gray screen. Commands still work, that's how I re-ran 'X'.

But It's pretty hard to navigate through the command-line wizard without any display... But I (stupidly enough), ran xorgwizard through it anyways by clicking an icon that I though did something else. I shutdown my computer, assuming it wouldn't edit the X config file, but it did.

So Now 'X' doesn't even start displaying anything, and I'm pretty pissed since I worked hard to customize that installation of lighthouse.

I'm using a full install of lighthouse on a hard drive, ext3 partition with a 3GB swap. I have a GeForce 9800 GT dedicated graphics card. I'm writing this in the report section, but I would also like a fix, or a way around this. I don't mind not being able to use command line, but I at least need a config file for my graphics card. I'm using an LCD display, with 1280X1024 resolution. If anyone can shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jim1911

#89 Post by Jim1911 »

wacossusca34 wrote:Hey, just though I may post what I posted in the bugs section of these forums. I really want lighthouse working again - loved how fast it was going:
You should be able to update your full hd installation to 64-512 which has an update feature which should now have a Nvidia driver and the installation upgrade should correct your other problems. You should be able to upgrade without disturbing your customization. A better approach would be to install 64-512 as a frugal installation which will probably be more stable since it's still in beta. I've been unable to see any speed difference with my hardware and I've tried both installations.

Also, you can download Fatdog64s Nvidia driver pet which works on 64-511.

Otherwise wait for 64-514 which should be out soon and is expected to be superb.

nooby

#90 Post by nooby »

is Firefox different from other versions?

I booted into the 64 bit version using this code

title Lighthouse 64 (frugal on sda2) pfix=sfsauto
root (hd0,1)
kernel /L64-514/vmlinuz pmedia=atahd pdev1=sda2 psubdir=L64-514 video=1024x768 pfix=sfsauto,fsck
initrd /L64-514/initrd.xz

Acer D255 with a N450 not the N550 that the latest versions have?
But it works okay maybe get a bit warm.

Anyway the FF9 fail to show simplified HTML that FF10 in Lucid Puppy 528 show.
First time ever that a browser have failed showing them. Is that some setting one
need to change?

Edit. Another big problem with LHP.
When I wanted to see if Opera also fail to show the simplified html then
the SFS-load on the fly deleted my Opera.sfs that is not user friendly at all.
How do I get it back?
Edit. Thanks to Terry he has it on his site.
http://terryphillips.org.uk/operasfs.php

Opera broswer do show my simplified html. So somethign wrong with the
FF9 used in LHP
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though