Lighthouse 64 5.11 Alpha for 64-bit processors

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Barburo

ext3 vs ext4

#61 Post by Barburo »

Hi Taz, some feedback:

I set up two versions of LHP64 - one on an ext4 partition with an ext4 save file and one on an ext3 partition with ext3 save file.
Subjectively not much difference so I decided to do a browser comparison using Peacekeeper.
Firstly Chromium got the best rating in both tests followed by Opera with Firefox a little behind (see images). I used Firefox4 in the ext3 test but it shouldn't be too dissimilar to the performance for Firefox5.
Secondly all of the browsers seem to perform better in Ext3 than ext4. I would have thought it would be the other way around. Comments anybody?

X lock seems a bit flakey. The configuration module gets confused about which screensaver is being previewed and it's difficult to change the default. Also "solitare" should be "solitaire". (But I see someone else programmed it).

Any plans to include gview? (same as in LHP 503).

I cannot reduce the size of the text used in Firefox 5 for tabs etc. It is so big the default pop-up messages hide some of the options.

B.
Attachments
lapbench4.png
Benchmark for Ext4
(10.57 KiB) Downloaded 1606 times
lapbench3.png
(10.52 KiB) Downloaded 1607 times
[i]Laptop[/i]: Acer Aspire 5810TZ

tazoc

#62 Post by tazoc »

Jim1911 wrote:Hi TazOC,

Frugal installation on wife's Dell Dimension E510 on an NTFS partition.

Everything appears to work fine with one glaring exception. Frisbee does not recognize my Wifi network, so no internet access. It does not see the Belkin Wireless USB Adapter N300. As you can see below there are a number of WPA and WEP connections available. This is posted from Fatdog 64-520 b3 from the Dell. Using LHP64-511, this same screen shows no available connections.

Everything is working fine on my main system with a hard wired LAN connection.

Regards,
Jim
Hi Jim,
I've had grief with USB adapters before. :( Connecting via an integrated / PCMCIA / PCI wireless adapter is generally preferred. However, it could be that the earlier kernel in L64 Alpha 1 and Fatdog 64-511 may not detect the Wireless N adapter as reliably as the new kernel and firmware in Fatdog 64-520. Might be interesting to see what kernel module is being used successfully in Fatdog 520 by opening Hardinfo->Kernel Modules and looking for 'wireless' in the description.
-TazOC
[url=http://www.lhpup.org/][b][size=100]lhpup.org[/size][/b] [img]http://www.lhpup.org/gallery/images/favicon.png[/img][/url] [url=http://www.lhpup.org/release-lhp.htm#602]Lighthouse 64 6.02[/url]

Jim1911

#63 Post by Jim1911 »

tazoc wrote:Hi Jim,
I've had grief with USB adapters before. :( Connecting via an integrated / PCMCIA / PCI wireless adapter is generally preferred. However, it could be that the earlier kernel in L64 Alpha 1 and Fatdog 64-511 may not detect the Wireless N adapter as reliably as the new kernel and firmware in Fatdog 64-520. Might be interesting to see what kernel module is being used successfully in Fatdog 520 by opening Hardinfo->Kernel Modules and looking for 'wireless' in the description.
-TazOC
Requested info from Fatdog 520.

Cheers,
Jim
Attachments
image-2.jpg
(29.38 KiB) Downloaded 1482 times

mikeslr

Thanks & Graphics with Ati Radeon

#64 Post by mikeslr »

Hi Tazoc,

Thanks for building on the solid work of kirk and jamesbond. While I have just begun using Lighthouse 64, it doesn't seem very Alpha to me. So far everything has worked better than I could have hoped.
Initially, in an effort to avoid problems I followed the Grub instructions on page 1 which used vesa graphics. They worked, but only provided an 1154 x 8-hundred something pixel desktop. Frisbee had me on the web in a minute or 2. But clicking Xorg merely restarted X. So, I booted into Lupu 525, moved the SaveFile into a 2nd level folder called "protect", modified Grub to remove the specification of Vesa --I left nomodeset, not sure I need it-- and rebooted, obtaining a 1600x900 pixel desktop.
Note, my graphis is Ati Radeon 3100.
Although I can appreciate the benefits of running firefox as spot, there are times when that protection isn't needed and inconvenient. As I had firefox 5 for 64-bit already installed on mnt/home, I created a desktop link to it. It ran well, enabled me to import bookmarks, upgraded itself to version 6, and I was pleasantly surprised by its wealth of addons.
It goes without saying that the system flies.

Great work.

mikesLr

Edit: I've since removed Grub argument nomodeset as unnecessary.
Last edited by mikeslr on Thu 14 Jul 2011, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.

mikeslr

LXPanel ? Adding Apps to Tray in OpenBox

#65 Post by mikeslr »

Hi again,

Continuing to explore. I wanted to add mtpaintsnapshot to the tray. I think I read that Lighthouse 64 uses OpenBox by default, and know that I can switch to JWM. I found the link to configure JWM's tray. But I've gotten to like OpenBox. In the OpenBox submenu, there's a link to restart LX Panel. But I can't find the link to configure LX Panel. It's usually somewhere on or from the desktop menu. Did I miss it? My wife says my powers of observation leave much to be desired.
Please advise.

mikesLr

Roy

#66 Post by Roy »

Just updated my live DVD of LH64 Mariner with all the available updates (except for Samba, which refused to DL) and tried to save everything back to disc via the on-screen desktop "save" icon; what looks like a terminal opens up -- and things start freezing with zero disc activity.

Wow! This is strange... hit enter to start a new line of this post and dropped out of X

-Roy

mikeslr

zWine Question -- problem?

#67 Post by mikeslr »

Hi Taz,

Still no app to configure LX panel, so I switched to JWM in order to add screencapture to the tray. Installed Pupsnap for that purpose. I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong, but mtpaintsnapshot.sh wouldn't register, i.e., I tried several times but it never showed up. This has happened in other puppies.

My primary concern at this point appears to be a limitation on zWine's functionality. I only run 3 XP apps. Had no problem with two portable apps running under zWine. The third app is a relational database, InfoCentral, on which I have about 25 years of notes. Although it would install, it wouldn't run. In FatDog64, it ran if I configured bootmanager to load fd64-32bit-libs-6.sfs and wine-1.3.8-i486.sfs at bootup. Trying that approach in LH64, I ran into two problems: (1) Removing zWine produces a notation at bootup that it's missing, tolerable but for the (2) fd64-32bit-libs-6.sfs is not recognized as a usable sfs. Without fd64-32, there's no reason to try to load wine-1.3.8 which does show up.

InfoCentral is an old app, from the first days of XP. Not having it immediately at hand would be inconvenient, but I can always boot into a 32-bit Puppy if I needed it. I think, however, that others who have and enjoy many xp 32-bit games may run into similar difficulty. The problem is with the different way various wine pets and wine sfses organize files. Not every wine pet has allowed its use, 'though most have. On the other hand, few sfses have permitted it to run, the above mentioned combo being more of an exception.

Suggestions welcomed.

Thanks,

mikesLr

tazoc

Feedback, LXPanel, zWine, VirtualBox

#68 Post by tazoc »

Tman wrote:Hi tazoc, I haven't done thorough testing on this, but here's my initial reaction:

Currently running LHP64 on a P4-3.0ghz with 512MB of RAM. Did a manual frugal install with my usual option of "pfix=fsck". I no longer need to add "nomodeset pfix=vesa,ram", yay!

Bootup has changed a lot over previous versions, mostly for the better...straight to graphical desktop is good, but I would have liked the option not to install the wine.sfs by default because I don't use it so often.
The zWine SFS also has the 32-bit libraries that come in handy for CUPS printer drivers. You can disable both when booting from Grub by deleting zWine-1.3.21-x86-64_511.sfs. You'll see a brief warning that it is missing but will still boot up OK. For the LiveCD you can use IsoMaster in the Multimedia menu to remove zWine, save to a new ISO and burn it.
- On the bottom-right corner, only the Xlock desktop icon is showing. I don't believe you left out the trash and pupzip desktop icons out on purpose. (This monitor is old and only displays 1024x768 at max resolution.)
Yeah, I had those icons at the lower RH corner at 1280x1024... alpha woops... If you use Lighthouse Update->get_updates to install the L64_Update-511Au1.pet, you'll see the Trash and Xlock icons moved back up. I removed the pupzip icon in Au1 because drag and drop doesn't work as in other Pups.
- at first I thought, why in the world did you replace Geany for the inferior Leafpad? , but then I noticed that Geany was moved to the "Utility-->Development menu.
Good point, Leafpad was there from Fatdog, but when I updated Geany, its .desktop categories changed. Will fix it so Geany is in both Document and Development menus.
- I much prefer to have GNOME-mplayer over Xine. When I click on a video (avi, mp4 and flv formats), Xine gives me an error message and won't play
Xine runs as user spot for security on the web. So you'll need to give World read permission to files that aren't owned by spot. Just right click on the video in ROX->Properties->under Read, check both Group and World.
- I have gotten very use to the Firewallstate Tray Applet and it feels strange for me to be without it.
- I'd like to suggest adding ScOttman's Default-Programs-Chooser, which is very useful, especially for newbies.
- Also, I know that you have an option to load SFS files at bootup, but it would still be handy to have Shinobar's SFS-Load in your puplet. Pemasu has made a patched-up version here: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... h&id=42636
Thank you, I will keep those suggestions in mind. I've already modified SFS-Load for inclusion in the next release.
Barburo wrote:Hi Taz, some feedback:

I set up two versions of LHP64 - one on an ext4 partition with an ext4 save file and one on an ext3 partition with ext3 save file.
Subjectively not much difference so I decided to do a browser comparison using Peacekeeper.
Firstly Chromium got the best rating in both tests followed by Opera with Firefox a little behind (see images). I used Firefox4 in the ext3 test but it shouldn't be too dissimilar to the performance for Firefox5.
Secondly all of the browsers seem to perform better in Ext3 than ext4. I would have thought it would be the other way around. Comments anybody?
Interesting, same here. I think the speed of ext4 when running file system checks overrides the browser performance, as the latest browsers all seem fast to me.
X lock seems a bit flakey. The configuration module gets confused about which screensaver is being previewed and it's difficult to change the default. Also "solitare" should be "solitaire". (But I see someone else programmed it).
I agree. I am working on an Xscreensavers add-on, as well as a brand new KDE4.6.5, both having superior screensavers and desktop locking.
Any plans to include gview? (same as in LHP 503).
Please try the built-in Geeqie instead. Once you get the hang of it, to me nothing else compares.
I cannot reduce the size of the text used in Firefox 5 for tabs etc. It is so big the default pop-up messages hide some of the options.

B.
Good point, I found the config files for that in the 'chrome' directory inside the Firefox profile at /root/spot/.mozilla and will set the fonts smaller for the next release.
mikeslr wrote:Hi again,

Continuing to explore. I wanted to add mtpaintsnapshot to the tray. I think I read that Lighthouse 64 uses OpenBox by default, and know that I can switch to JWM. I found the link to configure JWM's tray. But I've gotten to like OpenBox. In the OpenBox submenu, there's a link to restart LX Panel. But I can't find the link to configure LX Panel. It's usually somewhere on or from the desktop menu. Did I miss it? My wife says my powers of observation leave much to be desired.
Please advise.

mikesLr
The LXPanel settings are available by right-clicking on an empty area of the taskbar->Panel Settings. To grab a screenshot in Openbox, just press Ctrl+Shift+M.
Roy wrote:Just updated my live DVD of LH64 Mariner with all the available updates (except for Samba, which refused to DL) and tried to save everything back to disc via the on-screen desktop "save" icon; what looks like a terminal opens up -- and things start freezing with zero disc activity.

Wow! This is strange... hit enter to start a new line of this post and dropped out of X

-Roy
CD/DVD Multi-session mode is experimental and sometimes doesn't work. Will try to work on it when I have a chance. I much prefer the frugal install myself. I'm alpha-testing 5.12 at the moment but will also try the Samba d/l in LHP Update when I reboot into 5.11.
mikeslr wrote:My primary concern at this point appears to be a limitation on zWine's functionality. I only run 3 XP apps. Had no problem with two portable apps running under zWine. The third app is a relational database, InfoCentral, on which I have about 25 years of notes. Although it would install, it wouldn't run. In FatDog64, it ran if I configured bootmanager to load fd64-32bit-libs-6.sfs and wine-1.3.8-i486.sfs at bootup. Trying that approach in LH64, I ran into two problems: (1) Removing zWine produces a notation at bootup that it's missing, tolerable but for the (2) fd64-32bit-libs-6.sfs is not recognized as a usable sfs. Without fd64-32, there's no reason to try to load wine-1.3.8 which does show up.
fd64-32bit-libs is incompatible with Lighthouse 64 as indicated in the 3rd bullet of the release notes. Its functionality is built into zWine, which is a hybrid of both 32-bit and 64-bit Wine. Wine is continually changing with each new release, and there are no guarantees it will run all Windows apps. Your best bet for InfoCentral at this point is either Fatdog 64 as you've found, or VirtualBox, which can be installed or updated by clicking on the Update icon on your desktop->get_updates->OK->Under System, select VBoxInstaller-x86_64-L2.pet->OK. The VBox installer/updater will be included in the Base ISO of L64 5.12. It can be used to install a full Win XP/7 32 or 64-bit as a guest in Lighthouse 64.
-TazOC
[url=http://www.lhpup.org/][b][size=100]lhpup.org[/size][/b] [img]http://www.lhpup.org/gallery/images/favicon.png[/img][/url] [url=http://www.lhpup.org/release-lhp.htm#602]Lighthouse 64 6.02[/url]

Roy

#69 Post by Roy »

Thanks, tazoc.

Just to let you know, my live DVD did save to disc after the prompt at shutdown. It just won't save to disc during the session via the desktop 'save' icon. (I like the frugal installs, too -- but have a full HDD at the moment and prefer live CD/DVD for security reasons on some connections.)

On a separate note, thank you very much for working on this derivative! Your Lighthouse series is always great and performs every task I need a computer for.

-Roy

mikeslr

Can Firefox Spot be turned off?

#70 Post by mikeslr »

Hi Taz,

Thanks for the info regarding the questions I had before.
I was wondering if Firefox's limitation as to where it can download to can be easily turned off?
I generally use Opera as my primary browers. The latest Opera64 bit works very well with Lighthouse 64, including its installation of Flash. But Opera has some limitations: some webpages do not render correctly, and Opera lacks some Addons equivalent to those of Firefox. When using Firefox, I prefer the convenience of its normal installation to the security aspect as running as Spot. I have a work-around, which may be a better solution to turning off the Spot feature, but it takes some work that others may not care to put in. So, I was wondering if Firefox's limitation as to where it can download to can be easily turned off?

For those interested in my workaround, I usually run my browsers from /mnt/home.
Step 1: download and unpack Firefox 5 64-bit. It will create a folder named "firefox."
Step 2. Rename the folder "firefox564."
Step 3. If necessary, move firefox564 to /mnt/home. If you now click the firefox executable in firefox564, you'll note that it will do nothing.. That's because it expects to find the .mozilla --note the dot-- in /.
Step 4. As I generally run firefox from mnt/home, and moved .mozilla to a folder on /mnt/home, I symlinked that .mozilla folder to /. [The easy way, drag and drop into /, select "Link Relative." If you don't already have .mozilla on mnt/home, you can from another Puppy copy/move it to a folder (you pick the name) there.
Step 5. Select a unique Icon. I saved a Blue firefox to /usr/share/pixmaps. I've attached a copy for anyone who wants it. Right-click the firefox icon on the desktop, select icon and drag the unique icon. Now when you click that icon on the desktop, or select "Default Browser" from the Internet Submenu, Firefox running as spot will open.
Step 6: Symlink /mnt/home/firefox564/firefox to /my-applications/bin
Step 7: Copy a normal firefox icon to /my-applications/bin.
Step 8: Create a new firefox.desktop file in /usr/share/applications. [I don't recall, but if there already is a firefox.desktop entry there, you can copy it to a temporary file, rename it by changing the first letter from small case to a capital, or vice-versa, Then move it back to /usr/share/applications.
Step 9. Open the above desktop file in a text editor and change two arguments to read as follows:
Icon=/root/my-applications/bin/firefox.png
Exec=/root/my-applications/bin/firefox
Step 10: Save and restart X.
The Non-Spot Firefox should now appear on the menu. Both firefoxes will work, as indicated by the attached screenshot. Both will employ the installed Flash to view flash-videos.
Safety and convenience. User's choice. Sorry, this didn't work in the latest Fatdog64. I don't know why. Perhaps Kirk and jamesbond setup their firefox differently.

mikesLr
Attachments
firefoxBlue.jpeg
(7.01 KiB) Downloaded 1324 times

tazoc

Re: Can Firefox Spot be turned off?

#71 Post by tazoc »

mikeslr wrote:Hi Taz,

Thanks for the info regarding the questions I had before.
I was wondering if Firefox's limitation as to where it can download to can be easily turned off?
I generally use Opera as my primary browers. The latest Opera64 bit works very well with Lighthouse 64, including its installation of Flash. But Opera has some limitations: some webpages do not render correctly, and Opera lacks some Addons equivalent to those of Firefox. When using Firefox, I prefer the convenience of its normal installation to the security aspect as running as Spot. I have a work-around, which may be a better solution to turning off the Spot feature, but it takes some work that others may not care to put in. So, I was wondering if Firefox's limitation as to where it can download to can be easily turned off?
Sure, one way is to use Menu->Setup->Choose default browser and select 'firefox - Firefox running as root' -> OK. Then open /usr/share/applications/Firefox.desktop with a text editor and change the line

Code: Select all

Exec=firefox-spot
to

Exec=firefox
Type fixmenus in a terminal and you'll be back to browsing as root. The same method should work for other browsers in Lighthouse 64. For Xine, you can edit /usr/share/applications/xine.desktop and change

Exec=xine.sh
to

Exec=xine
Otherwise, if you elect to run these apps as the unprivileged user spot, (recommended) and have a folder structure containing many audio/video/other personal files, (outside of /root/spot/Downloads) you can make them readable by spot without having to change the permissions individually in ROX-Filer. Let's say the directory is named /mnt/home/mymp3s. In a terminal type

chown -R spot /mnt/home/mymp3s
If for some reason that doesn't work try

chmod -R a+r /mnt/home/mymp3s
@all,
There is a new 64-bit Flash plugin available. Download the archive flashplayer11_b1_install_lin_64_071311.tar.gz, extract libflashplayer.so to /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/ overwriting the old version and restart your browser.

More info about Flash 11 is at http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flas ... hplayer11/

-TazOC

gcmartin

Looks like the HOSTNAME problem is identified

#72 Post by gcmartin »

There is an improvement of the Firstrun "Personalize Settings" utility by @Shinobar. Makes all startup simple in one screen.

Also note:
Shinobar wrote:As for the HOSTNME variable as gcmartin pointed out, the problem is the ROX-Term do not read /etc/profile...
The urxvt reads /etc/profile.
This Alpha distro is still running stably after many weeks.

Hope this helps

Barburo

Flash Crash

#73 Post by Barburo »

In chromium browser I get this after implementing the latest flash as per your post:
@all,
There is a new 64-bit Flash plugin available. Download the archive flashplayer11_b1_install_lin_64_071311.tar.gz, extract libflashplayer.so to /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/ overwriting the old version and restart your browser.
I'm using version 7.0.520.0 (58910) stable
B.
Attachments
crash.png
Chromium flash crash
(57.6 KiB) Downloaded 1282 times
[i]Laptop[/i]: Acer Aspire 5810TZ

tazoc

#74 Post by tazoc »

@gcmartin,
Thank you, do you have a link handy? If not I'll look for it.

@Barburo,
First try worked for me, but then I tried a couple of more times at http://video.nytimes.com and saw the same plugin error, though restarting Chromium seemed to be OK.

Maybe we need to stick with Flash 10.3 for now, though FF 5.0.1 seems to prefer the 64 bit Flash 11 Beta.
-TazOC

gcmartin

#75 Post by gcmartin »

jim3630

#76 Post by jim3630 »

Hi, did a frugal manual hdd install to ext4, got the security update. os quickly found my troublesome broadcom wl.ko driver and after input of wep particulars connected no problem.

It does lose wifi connection periodically. do you have a "stay connected" pet? do you have a touch pad control...off and on?

Thank you for a very polished posh work.

Thu 28 Jul 2011 Operating System: Lighthouse64-511 Linux 2.6.35.7
2.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Device 0046 (rev 02)
oem: Intel(R)Ironlake Mobile Graphics Chipset Accelerated VGA BIOS product: Intel(R)Ironlake Mobile Graphics Controller Hardware Version 0.0

X Server: Xorg Driver: intel
X.Org version: 1.9.0
dimensions: 1024x768 pixels (270x203 millimeters)
depth of root window: 24 planes

direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.4
OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ironlake Mobile GEM 20100328 2010Q1
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.8.2

Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6100
Core 0: 1999 1: 1999 MHz

...the above also recorded at '/tmp/root/report-video-glx'.

bash-4.1# glxgears
Running synchronized to the vertical refresh. The framerate should be
approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.
301 frames in 5.0 seconds = 60.135 FPS
300 frames in 5.0 seconds = 59.820 FPS
300 frames in 5.0 seconds = 59.819 FPS
300 frames in 5.0 seconds = 59.822 FPS
300 frames in 5.0 seconds = 59.822 FPS
300 frames in 5.0 seconds = 59.819 FPS

-Computer-
Processor : 2x Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6100 @ 2.00GHz
Memory : 3850MB (297MB used)
Operating System : Unknown distribution
User Name : root (root)
Date/Time : Thu 28 Jul 2011 07:55:51 PM PDT
-Display-
Resolution : 1024x768 pixels
OpenGL Renderer : Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ironlake Mobile GEM 20100328 2010Q1
X11 Vendor : The X.Org Foundation

tazoc

Multi-session bugfix, LXPanel pager workaround

#77 Post by tazoc »

If you are saving your session to CD/DVD (Multi-session mode) the Pet below should enable saving via the desktop icon. This is only recommended if you need to save your session from the desktop, prior to shutdown under PUPMODE 77.

Type 'ver' in terminal to confirm your PUPMODE. Normally this is 5 at first boot and 12 or 13 after frugal install. Here is a mode summary taken from the init script:

Configuration             PUPMODE

full install                      2
full install, flash drive:     3
first boot (or pfix=ram):  5
pup_save is a partition:  6
ditto, but flash drive:      7
normal running puppy:    12
ditto, but flash drive:      13
multisession cd/dvd:      77 (13+64)

See /etc/rc.d/initrd.txt to open the init script.
If switching a desktop viewport by clicking on the LXPanel Pager (taskbar in Openbox) fails, try scrolling the mouse wheel / touchpad slidebar, while the pointer is held over the Pager.

If using Frisbee for wireless connectivity and use more than one access point, you can create multiple profiles and usually Frisbee can seamlessly acquire a new connection when the previous is out of range.
My Mom's health had been slowly declining but she suddenly passed away in her sleep yesterday early morning; possibly related to a stroke she suffered a while back. As I live very far away, I'm thinking about flying out to the funeral, so I may be away for while.

Maybe other Lighthouse users here on the forum can respond to inquires for assistance while I'm away. Thank you for your consideration during this difficult time.

-TazOC
Attachments
MultiSessionBugfix-L64-511a2.pet
Fix for L64-511A only for Multi-session CD/DVD mode.
Enables saving session to burner via deskop icon.
(6.7 KiB) Downloaded 451 times

Q5sys

Re: Multi-session bugfix, LXPanel pager workaround

#78 Post by Q5sys »

tazoc wrote:My Mom's health had been slowly declining but she suddenly passed away in her sleep yesterday early morning; possibly related to a stroke she suffered a while back. As I live very far away, I'm thinking about flying out to the funeral, so I may be away for while.
At least she went in peace in her sleep instead of painfully and awake. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

Jim1911

#79 Post by Jim1911 »

tazoc wrote: My Mom's health had been slowly declining but she suddenly passed away in her sleep yesterday early morning; possibly related to a stroke she suffered a while back. As I live very far away, I'm thinking about flying out to the funeral, so I may be away for while.
Take your time and rest assured that our prayers are for you and your family during this time of grief.

HCSB, 2 Tim:7-8 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 There is reserved for me in the future the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on that day, and not only to me, but to all those who have loved His appearing.

Jim

Q5sys

#80 Post by Q5sys »

Jim1911 wrote:
tazoc wrote: My Mom's health had been slowly declining but she suddenly passed away in her sleep yesterday early morning; possibly related to a stroke she suffered a while back. As I live very far away, I'm thinking about flying out to the funeral, so I may be away for while.
Take your time and rest assured that our prayers are for you and your family during this time of grief.

HCSB, 2 Tim:7-8 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 There is reserved for me in the future the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on that day, and not only to me, but to all those who have loved His appearing.

Jim
Gotta love 2nd Timothy... but i always favored Romans...
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers,
nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation,
will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
~Romans 8.31