Polarpup-005 with Qt4-4.8.0 and Gstreamer libs inbuild

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
marco07

#481 Post by marco07 »

I have now discovered that not all embedded audios will play in LO Impress. The one I initially wanted to send you for one or other reasons does not play. I run the one I already send and noted this one played. So, it seems it is OK now. However, is there any other gstreamer packages that you think could be installed yet? I cannot see which packages are already per-installed. From my experience with other distros I know that the bad, good, ugly, base, and alsa gstreamer packages are needed for Libre Office Impress to function well. Is any of these not pre-installed?Type name of new folder
Thanks!
Edited later:
When I was configuring "qtconfig" in consol, I got some warnings about the gstreamer. I have attached a text file listing these warnings. Perhaps this will provide a clue to what is wrong with the installed gstreamer packages.
Attachments
warning.tar.gz
(1.1 KiB) Downloaded 663 times

pemasu

#482 Post by pemasu »

Okay. Firstly. You have messed your system with some libs which has broken the libs dependency. Maybe some Qt apps which has dragged incompatible Qt4 libs with it or incompatible gstreamer libs. Those warnings does not come from my installed stuff. They are surely compatible.

Next...the plugin scanner does not work right. I traced the problem. The plugin scanner is in /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10 folder but....gstreamer expects to find it also from /usr/lib/gstreamer01.0/gstreamer-0.10 folder. Just creating that folder and placing symlink pointing to the existing location fixes the gstreamer stuff finding. the pet which creates that other location is in attached pet.

About my gstreamer and needed dependencies to other libs which gstreamer uses.

I did very exhaustive process by tracking every needed gstreamer plugin and dependent other audio-video libs. I launched clementine at early developing stage and I did add every missing reported dependency. Clementine is very good indicator. It needs and wants most extensive support of gstreamer plugins and other libs without complaining. After my hunting process....I created 2 pets which have all the needed stuff. Doing the same thing with woof specs adding would have been too long process so I created 2 ready pets for them.

I do have good, bad, ugly, alsa, http streaming, etc gstreamer plugins installed. I have in /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10 folder 190 gstreamer plugins preinstalled. And all the dependent libs and in /usr/lib all the gstreamer base libs which I found needed. Of course for some audio-video formats something might be missing but I didnt find with my tests them.

gstreamer-phono-deps was one of those combined pets. I think I had another one also.
Attachments
gstreamer-plugin-scanner-fix-0.0.1.pet
(414 Bytes) Downloaded 726 times

pemasu

#483 Post by pemasu »

marco07.
When you have Polarpup with above gst helper plugin fix and with installation which does not complain about undefined symbols...and you cant get the LO embedded audio working....could you upload that file here or in free uploading service somewhere if it is over 2 Mb and I could try to trace the problem by trying to debug the process.

marco07

#484 Post by marco07 »

pemasu wrote:marco07.
When you have Polarpup with above gst helper plugin fix and with installation which does not complain about undefined symbols...and you cant get the LO embedded audio working....could you upload that file here or in free uploading service somewhere if it is over 2 Mb and I could try to trace the problem by trying to debug the process.
Hi Pemasu:
I think I have found the culprit for messing up with my installed polarpup005. It is either Skype or the gnome-games-lite-2.26.1i486 packages. It seems when I run either of these, then the LO Impress loses its audio. I discovered this by spending quite some times yesterday going through a number of fresh clean manual frugal install polar005. After each install I started adding my desiered application packages one by one, testing the audio in LO Impress, saving the savefile by rebooting, backing up the savefile and repeating the process again with another application package. Right now without skype and gnome-games-lite packages all is OK.
About the file with audio, it now plays in LO IMpress. It is a 2.7 MB tar zipped file.
If you are still interested to test it I can post it somewhere for download. But you would have to tell me where. Because I really do not know of anyplace. Have never done that before. Perhaps I can email it to you if you pm me an email address. I will continue with testing to see how it works out. Will let you know if anything else pops up.
Thanks!

pemasu

#485 Post by pemasu »

Okay. I suppose those apps overwrites stuff or installs incompatible libs.
If you face the problems which you think is because of missing gstreamer plugin or dependent libs...then I am interested. I have sometimes uploaded to some free upload site...but it has been well over one year when I have done it last. So..I cant recommend you any good nowadays place. Maybe someone else could recommend.

But install that plugin scanner fix still.....

umair

#486 Post by umair »

Hi Guys:
I have a question, it is not related to Polar pup but this error i often seen in different puppies. I always use FRUGAL install. The problem is:
when I want to delete previous directory of any frugal installation, it gave me the following Error, then will not able to delete this:
Any Idea? Thnx in Advance:
UMAIR

musher0

#487 Post by musher0 »

umair wrote:Hi Guys:
I have a question, it is not related to Polar pup but this error i often seen in different puppies. I always use FRUGAL install. The problem is:
when I want to delete previous directory of any frugal installation, it gave me the following Error, then will not able to delete this:
Any Idea? Thnx in Advance:
UMAIR
Use logic, my friend, logic !!! :twisted:

I see in your picture that you are in /mnt/home/polar.

"Polar pup" (and all Puppy's) has survival instinct!
You cannot ask polar pup to commit suicide, it will not do it. (It is a living thing, you know!) :D
Kill it from another puppy, oh cruel person !!! :P

Seriously:
from the polar pup CD, type

Code: Select all

puppy pfix=ram
at the first prompt.
locate your "polar" directory and remove the files or folders you wish to remove.

(Please forgive the joke.) :-)
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

umair

#488 Post by umair »

musher0 wrote:
Use logic, my friend, logic !!! :twisted:

I see in your picture that you are in /mnt/home/polar.

"Polar pup" (and all Puppy's) has survival instinct!
You cannot ask polar pup to commit suicide, it will not do it. (It is a living thing, you know!) :D
Kill it from another puppy, oh cruel person !!! :P

Seriously:
from the polar pup CD, type

Code: Select all

puppy pfix=ram
at the first prompt.
locate your "polar" directory and remove the files or folders you wish to remove.

(Please forgive the joke.) :-)
Musher0:
Well in that Case I was booted from the directory polar2 instead of polar (You can see in my previous post), also I thought that being a ROOT U can do everything ;-).
Anyways I booted from live USB and this time I deleted the directory without any error.
Thnx for the info:
UMAIR

musher0

#489 Post by musher0 »

Hi, UMAIR.

Glad that you have a sense of humour! :-)

To sum up, you cannot delete any file or component of a running Linux while it is using these files or components.

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

umair

#490 Post by umair »

hi pemasu:
Just a quick question.
How to disable auto eth0 setting in polar pup?
Actually I m using polar pup on a system where we use net through proxy server. Every time when I boot the polar pup I have to configure it manually as the polar pup auto eth0 search deletes the previous entries of gateway etc.
Thnx in Advance.
UMAIR

pemasu

#491 Post by pemasu »

Are you using Frisbee and you need manual static ip - gw configuration ?
If I understood right, there is inside Frisbee panel to setup manual static ip address - default gateway etc...

Click Frisbee - choose Configure Network Interfaces and untick Auto DHCP and type in your static parameters.

umair

#492 Post by umair »

pemasu wrote:Are you using Frisbee and you need manual static ip - gw configuration ?
If I understood right, there is inside Frisbee panel to setup manual static ip address - default gateway etc...

Click Frisbee - choose Configure Network Interfaces and untick Auto DHCP and type in your static parameters.
Thnx for the reply pemasu:
I did as per ur instructions, worked nicely.
I was setting the ip using default network interface :-)
Regards
UMAIR

umair

#493 Post by umair »

pemasu wrote:Are you using Frisbee and you need manual static ip - gw configuration ?

Thnx for the reply pemasu:
I did as per ur instructions, worked nicely.
I was setting the ip using default network interface :-)
Regards
UMAIR

Pelo

Polarpup now with kernel 3.0.25 (Racy5.3)

#494 Post by Pelo »

Pelo, nobody cares ! :(
Last edited by Pelo on Sun 28 Aug 2016, 17:39, edited 4 times in total.

Pelo

Sfs Load on the fly 'XnView'

#495 Post by Pelo »

My brand new Polarpup Racy / I am enjoying it ...
Some little defaults, Polarpup accepts only sfs type 3, not type 4.
Despite that Racy could do it.
Answer (few minutes later)
SFS load on the fly V.1.9.9 works with squasfs type 4, no problem !
Attachments
Squashfs.jpg
(16.85 KiB) Downloaded 544 times

ally

#496 Post by ally »

hey Pelo

post up your build somewhere

:)

Pelo

Polarpup Qt video on youtube

#497 Post by Pelo »

Polarpup Qt video on youtube
Commented french language.
translation to french
Clementine included by Pemasu for music at night, from UK or USA, :evil:
Attachments
lastfm.jpg
LastFM :registration needed (free)
(51.65 KiB) Downloaded 487 times
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 18:38, edited 7 times in total.

Pelo

Watch Polarpup on TV YouTUBE

#498 Post by Pelo »

I will make a franch version of this video : seen 152 times only :(
polarpup on Youtube being translated French....
Did anybody test chocolate, for banquets . Light but funny and pretty, see QT-apps site
French only think about meals. You could use Vokoscreen, instead..
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 11 Nov 2015, 15:46, edited 4 times in total.

Pelo

Polarpup renewed with Racy 5.3

#499 Post by Pelo »

Polarpup renewed with Racy 5.3 / see how to switch the kernels ont this forum
Replace in /lib firmware and modules
in /etc modules.
From those of Racy 5.3
With this new distro Polarpup.sfs, rename it 'racy_5.3.sfs'
And replace a true 'racy_5.3.sfs with it,
all is Racy on the partition, intirdgz too
Hard to me to explain, I am French, don't forget. I often use screenshots to explain, sorry for that.. :cry:
Native english speaking citizens explain it here :
how to switch the kernels

I don't change anything in polarpup. One should see no difference on screen. Excepted that I connect wireless very easily. A bib big difference, as i am 600 kms far from my box.
Attachments
UMplayer.jpg
Cool as Polarpup
(35.2 KiB) Downloaded 496 times
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

Wireless connected Medion P7624

#500 Post by Pelo »

february 2015 : i succeed wireless connection without changing the kernel 2.6.39 (i686) by adding iwlwifi updates in lib firmware.
Year after year, i get better. :)
Hello, is there anybody here ? Am i the only old bear on this polar land ?
Attachments
icons.png
Qt apps for my pleasure.
(66.19 KiB) Downloaded 649 times
Last edited by Pelo on Sun 16 Aug 2015, 05:45, edited 1 time in total.