Polarpup-005 with Qt4-4.8.0 and Gstreamer libs inbuild

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
pemasu

#46 Post by pemasu »

Jim3630. There is something wrong in that vlc package you are using. I need to download the vlc from ftp site and test it. Will report back later this evening.

gcmartin

#47 Post by gcmartin »

Billtoo wrote: I download the proprietary driver for my graphics card from:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Then logout to the prompt and switch to the directory that the driver
was downloaded to and do "sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-270.41.19.run"
When it's finished compiling run xorgwizard and choose the nvidia
driver and set the resolution, back at the prompt enter "xwin" to get
back to the desktop. ... .
@Billtoo offer a very practical way for adding nVidia to any Puppy distro. Thanks Billtoo.

The Live media users are at a disadvantage because SFS are not inherit in the PPM process for adding functionality to the system.

There are tools in Puppyland, though. But, which SFS process tool can anyone recommend for buliding the nVidia support, without having to "install" the DEVX into the PUP for rebooting? (In other words, is there a way to temporarily build the development support needed so that the driver can be created?)

Thanks in advance

pemasu

#48 Post by pemasu »

Menu > Setup > Setup Puppy > Sfs-load-on-the-fly
All my builds have it inbuild. You can load devx sfs and kernel source sfs with it, even temporarily. Does it work. Well. Every Polarpup user uses kernel compiled that way.

pemasu

#49 Post by pemasu »

Real Lightweight browser. Compiled in Polarpup. Posting from it now. It feels.......lightweight.

http://qt-apps.org/content/show.php/Lig ... 6761dced80

It is again more or less for browsing. I got installed Flash working oob.

jim3630

#50 Post by jim3630 »

pemasu wrote:Jim3630. There is something wrong in that vlc package you are using. I need to download the vlc from ftp site and test it. Will report back later this evening.
using vlc without tano it cuts out going blank comes back looks like broke.

pemasu

#51 Post by pemasu »

Jim3630. I just downloaded http://smokey01.com/pemasu/Sfs/vlc-1.1. ... larpup.sfs

VLC starts ok and plays my mp4 movie ok.
I would need more clarification that it is broken because I couldnt in quick test see anything wrong.

jim3630

#52 Post by jim3630 »

pemasu wrote:Jim3630. I just downloaded http://smokey01.com/pemasu/Sfs/vlc-1.1. ... larpup.sfs

I would need more clarification that it is broken because I couldnt in quick test see anything wrong.
when I play a movie perhaps every 15 min or so the screen goes blank then picks up latter in the movie.

How about

code:

# vlc
VLC media player 1.1.10 The Luggage (revision exported)
Blocked: call to unsetenv("DBUS_ACTIVATION_ADDRESS")
Blocked: call to unsetenv("DBUS_ACTIVATION_BUS_TYPE")
[0x80e81e4] main interface error: no suitable interface module
[0x804e404] main libvlc error: interface "globalhotkeys,none" initialization failed
[0x804e404] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
Blocked: call to setlocale(6, "")
[0xb7100524] signals interface error: signal 17 overriden (0xb6ca3320)
[0xb7100524] signals interface error: /opt/qt4/lib/libQtCore.so.4(?)[(nil)]

Billtoo

#53 Post by Billtoo »

jim3630 wrote:
pemasu wrote:Jim3630. I just downloaded http://smokey01.com/pemasu/Sfs/vlc-1.1. ... larpup.sfs

when I play a movie perhaps every 15 min or so the screen goes blank then picks up latter in the movie.

hi Jim,

It sounds like the screensaver is kicking in, have you disabled the screensaver in the desktop settings of the polarpup menu?

pemasu

#54 Post by pemasu »

Probably not especially needed or useful, but because PupDrake aka MageiaPuppy based on Mageia rpm packages is approaching, I uploaded unrpm gui Qt application.
Attachments
qunrpm-0.1.pet
(54.99 KiB) Downloaded 482 times

pemasu

#55 Post by pemasu »

Lyx Document Processor version 2.0
I compiled it with default configuration. I have no previous experience with this one.

http://www.lyx.org/

[quote]LyX is a document processor that encourages an approach to writing based on the structure of your documents (WYSIWYM) and not simply their appearance (WYSIWYG).
LyX combines the power and flexibility of TeX/LaTeX with the ease of use of a graphical interface. This results in world-class support for creation of mathematical content (via a fully integrated equation editor) and structured documents like academic articles, theses, and books. In addition, staples of scientific authoring such as reference list and index creation come standard. But you can also use LyX to create a letter or a novel or a theatre play or film script. A broad array of ready, well-designed document layouts are built in.
LyX is for people who want their writing to look great, right out of the box. No more endless tinkering with formatting details, “finger painting

jim3630

#56 Post by jim3630 »

Billtoo wrote:
jim3630 wrote:

hi Jim,

It sounds like the screensaver is kicking in, have you disabled the screensaver in the desktop settings of the polarpup menu?
Billtoo with screensaver disabled continue get different errors when run vlc through the console.

code:
# vlc
VLC media player 1.1.10 The Luggage (revision exported)
Blocked: call to unsetenv("DBUS_ACTIVATION_ADDRESS")
Blocked: call to unsetenv("DBUS_ACTIVATION_BUS_TYPE")
[0x80cf5c4] main interface error: no suitable interface module
[0x804e404] main libvlc error: interface "globalhotkeys,none" initialization failed
[0x804e404] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
Blocked: call to setlocale(6, "")

will have to sit through a movie with screensaver disabled and check if screen goes blank.

pemasu

#57 Post by pemasu »

I am exploring now image viewers. I have to admit there seems not be any other useful than Xnview. And it has only precompiled proprietary Qt package. It is in the sfs repo. I recommend it already even though not all functions are yet available.

But here is small, basic Qt image viewer. Nothing special in it. Viewnior, Geeqie and Fotoxx are much better viewers. And Xnview.
Attachments
qiviewer-0.5.0.pet
(150.25 KiB) Downloaded 403 times

pemasu

#58 Post by pemasu »

Converseen-0.4.1 compiled in Polarpup.
http://converseen.sourceforge.net/
Description:
Converseen is an open source project written in C++ with the powerful Qt4 libraries.
Thanks to the Magick++ image libraries it supports more than 100 image formats.
You can convert an unlimited number of images and / or create thumbnails
to any of the most popular formats: DPX, EXR, GIF, JPEG, JPEG-2000, PDF, PhotoCD, PNG, Postscript, SVG, and TIFF.
With Converseen you can save your time because it allows you to process more than one image with a mouse click!
Converseen is very simple: it features a very simple user interface without strange options.

With converseen you can:
Carry out a single or a multiple conversion.
Resize one or more images.
Compress images for your web pages.

Converseen depends on Qt4 and Magick++ libraries.
I installed from Ubuntu repos imagemagick, libmagickcore, libmagick++, libmagickwand2, but I dont know if all these were needed.
Attachments
converseen-0.4.1.pet
(187.89 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
converseen_NLS-0.4.1.pet
(39.39 KiB) Downloaded 412 times

jim3630

#59 Post by jim3630 »

Billtoo wrote:
jim3630 wrote:

hi Jim,

Billtoo, also Tano is dependent on vlc and doesn't work.

code:
# tano
libvlc-qt "0.4.0--git" initialised
Using libvlc version: "1.1.10 The Luggage"
libvlc loaded
Segmentation fault

pemasu

#60 Post by pemasu »

Jim3630. In my experiments Billtoos compiled VLC (in Lucid 525) and my stripping of included Qt libs is not fully succesful. Watching movies works ok for me but subtitles loading didnt work. Important for me.

Conclusion. VLC package in first page is not fully functional. Luckily my compiled Smplayer and Umplayer works fine. Support for Tano will be lost with those but you cant get everything.
Well, anyone can try that vlc sfs and give error reports but I am now sure that it does not work fully.

About compiling VLC in Polarpup. I wish luck and determination if somebody wants to do it.
I will use Smplayer and Umplayer atm.

Billtoo

#61 Post by Billtoo »

pemasu wrote:Jim3630. In my experiments Billtoos compiled VLC (in Lucid 525) and my stripping of included Qt libs is not fully succesful. Watching movies works ok for me but subtitles loading didnt work. Important for me.

Conclusion. VLC package in first page is not fully functional. Luckily my compiled Smplayer and Umplayer works fine. Support for Tano will be lost with those but you cant get everything.
Well, anyone can try that vlc sfs and give error reports but I am now sure that it does not work fully.

About compiling VLC in Polarpup. I wish luck and determination if somebody wants to do it.
I will use Smplayer and Umplayer atm.
Subtitles like this?

pemasu

#62 Post by pemasu »

Billtoo. If your subtitle is loaded from separate subtitle file, then yes. I didnt mean subtitles embedded in to movie file or subtitles in DVD movie.
I havent managed to get subtitles working from .sub or .srt files when I use for example xvid avi packaged movie file with separated subtitle file.

Billtoo

#63 Post by Billtoo »

pemasu wrote:Billtoo. If your subtitle is loaded from separate subtitle file, then yes. I didnt mean subtitles embedded in to movie file or subtitles in DVD movie.
I havent managed to get subtitles working from .sub or .srt files when I use for example xvid avi packaged movie file with separated subtitle file.
These two files aren't in the vlc sfs, maybe that's why vlc_NLS-1.1.10-i686.pet and vlc_DEV-1.1.10-i686.pet.

pemasu

#64 Post by pemasu »

I found one working solution for qtconfig QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme problem, Now the theme is included in the Qt4 applications menu bars also.

Jim3630 rised the issue in Snow Puppy thread but it applies to the Polarpup also.

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=775685

That thread had needed information.
I still dont know what stuff were essential, but.
Adding the first line in below script cut to the /root/.xinitrc near the end:

Code: Select all

export GTK2_RC_FILES="$HOME/.gtkrc-2.0"
#exec $CURRENTWM
#v2.11 GuestToo suggested this improvement...
which $CURRENTWM && exec $CURRENTWM
[ -x $CURRENTWM ] && exec $CURRENTWM
exec jwm
Then I installed most gconf packages, libgconf, libgnomeui and libgnomeui-common.

I restarted the X and in console #qtconfig. No more error about unable to detect theme. And voila the themes were recognized and displayed in Qt applications.

Then I removed all the packages, I had installed with PPM and at least after restarting X, the detection is still working, theme change is applied.

jim3630

#65 Post by jim3630 »

Billtoo wrote:
pemasu wrote:Billtoo. If your subtitle is loaded from separate subtitle file, then yes. I didnt mean subtitles embedded in to movie file or subtitles in DVD movie.
These two files aren't in the vlc sfs, maybe that's why vlc_NLS-1.1.10-i686.pet and vlc_DEV-1.1.10-i686.pet.
Billtoo, thanks for your work on vlc. I like tano and if it can't work then that's that. However, I'm using the vlc polarpet not the sfs.

Tano opened and worked once with the packages below installed then stopped. Getting the error messages from vlc I assumed it was vlc... maybe not. I'll start with fresh save file then install Tano and VLC pet only.

pupsaveconfig-1.9.9
broadcom_sta-5.100.82.38-k2.6.38-lupe25
vlc-1.1.10-i686-polarpup
tano-0.7.3-i386
lmms-0.4.10
lmms_DEV-0.4.10
lshw-02.14-1
Azenis-paws
Azenis|Azenis
SM-21rc1
aria2-1.9.0
quickpet_fix-0.0.1