Polarpup-005 with Qt4-4.8.0 and Gstreamer libs inbuild

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
pemasu

#181 Post by pemasu »

When you make savefile aka first reboot, the stuff in desktop usually vanishes. I mean if you pull new items to it. Not new problem. I believe that snapmergepuppy script does not save the desktop right at first save.
I have faced it many times. At later saves and reboots the stuff in desktop should persist.
About flsynclient. That is new problem. I havent got feedback about not keeping off before. Well....I have touchpad always on.

Oh, I made first build using Barrys new 2.6.39.3 kernel. Posting now from that build.

jim3630

#182 Post by jim3630 »

pemasu wrote:Jim3630. Hah. I think you have found Clementine usable then. I have not tried to use external speakers.
Do you connect by mini-jack ?
yes it's usable and could use portable speakers with mini-jack that would work.

jim3630

#183 Post by jim3630 »

pemasu wrote:When you make savefile aka first reboot, the stuff in desktop usually vanishes. I mean if you pull new items to it. Not new problem. I believe that snapmergepuppy script does not save the desktop right at first save.
I have faced it many times. At later saves and reboots the stuff in desktop should persist.
About flsynclient. That is new problem. I havent got feedback about not keeping off before. Well....I have touchpad always on.

Oh, I made first build using Barrys new 2.6.39.3 kernel. Posting now from that build.
the desktop symlink did persist several reboots. not sure now what preceded in the course of events. testing too many pups will cut back and focus.

marco07

#184 Post by marco07 »

pemasu wrote:Marco07. For java, you can use the java pet from the link.
For Libre Office.

For older sfs libre office:
http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/pe ... S_sfs4.sfs
I clicked on this url. It downloaded LibreOfc-3.3.1_en_US_sfs4.sfs and placed it in my /root
under the name:
+tmp+LibreOfc-3.3.1_en_US_sfs4.sfs

I tried sfs-load on the fly from menu to no avail. I rebooted expecting to be asked to load it, but boot up completed without asking or loading it. I changed the name by removing +tmp+, still no good.
Could you help?
Thanks!

pemasu

#185 Post by pemasu »

Marco07. You need to place it to the /mnt/home. That is the default place from where sfs loaders look for sfs files.

Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#186 Post by Béèm »

@Marco07,
pemasu wrote:Marco07. You need to place it to the /mnt/home. That is the default place from where sfs loaders look for sfs files.
You always have to report the type of install you did.
Time savers:
Find packages in a snap and install using Puppy Package Manager (Menu).
[url=http://puppylinux.org/wikka/HomePage]Consult Wikka[/url]
Use peppyy's [url=http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html]puppysearch[/url]

pemasu

#187 Post by pemasu »

I always believe people use frugal installation because that is the default one in puppies, in my mind.
If someone does not tell his/her installation, my answer will be according to frugal installation.

marco07

#188 Post by marco07 »

pemasu wrote:Marco07. You need to place it to the /mnt/home. That is the default place from where sfs loaders look for sfs files.
First of all, yes it is a manual frugal installation of Polar Puppy 002.Sorry not mentioning this!
Secondly, I moved the downloaded +tmp+libreOfc... to /mnt/home. Still it was not detected by Polar puppy on reboot. I then removed +tmp+ from the name and rebooted again to no avail.
Am I doing anything wrong?

jim3630

#189 Post by jim3630 »

have manual frugal hdd install also and sfs-load on the fly has one sfs loaded and shows 7 others in the left. gives me a chance to practice with
mt-paint-snapshot.
Attachments
sfs on the fly.png
(28.12 KiB) Downloaded 720 times

pemasu

#190 Post by pemasu »

hmm, have you used any sfs loader. In menu there are bootmanager and sfs load on the fly options.

EDIT. Jim3630 was little bit faster than me. I must be rusty. I need some lubrication, it seems.

marco07

#191 Post by marco07 »

@jim3630
Would you please direct me to the place where you got LibreOffice 3.3.3 sfs?
Thanks!

marco07

#192 Post by marco07 »

pemasu wrote:hmm, have you used any sfs loader. In menu there are bootmanager and sfs load on the fly options.

EDIT. Jim3630 was little bit faster than me. I must be rusty. I need some lubrication, it seems.
Yes I have. I am now thinking that the Libre Office I have downloaded may not be a sfs file after all.
I already asked Jim3630 to let me know where he's got his.

pemasu

#193 Post by pemasu »

Marco07. Lucid puppy repo has several Libre office sfs to choose.
http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/pe ... ges-lucid/
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/libreoffice

I think it is time that I test that 01mickos gui pet building script.

Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#194 Post by Béèm »

marco07 wrote:
First of all, yes it is a manual frugal installation of Polar Puppy 002.Sorry not mentioning this!
Secondly, I moved the downloaded +tmp+libreOfc... to /mnt/home. Still it was not detected by Polar puppy on reboot. I then removed +tmp+ from the name and rebooted again to no avail.
Am I doing anything wrong?
You have to place the unmounted libreoffice sfs to /mnt/home
Then you run sfs load on the fly.
The libreoffice sfs will be seen and you can load it.
Time savers:
Find packages in a snap and install using Puppy Package Manager (Menu).
[url=http://puppylinux.org/wikka/HomePage]Consult Wikka[/url]
Use peppyy's [url=http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html]puppysearch[/url]

pemasu

#195 Post by pemasu »

I am using now recompiled 2.6.39.3 kernel based Polarpup-003. It is not ready for uploading. It is now intel atom optimized from Barrys used 586.
Barry had enabled almost everything. First time that I am thinking to somewhat reduce what Barry has enabled.

Usb booting time detection was init script problem after all. Now the problem should be resolved. I made the build using Barrys latest woof which has that updated init script.

I have to check now that everything is in place.

What to offer. New kernel, gnome-commander is new pick, Pmusic is now 1.92, Menumaker latest version, Pupapps, Pupcontrol are updated and also all stuff from barrys woof. Lets see what else.
Seamonkey this time or Firefox. It is just difficult for me to use something else than Firefox.

pemasu

#196 Post by pemasu »

Oh yeah. Next Polarpup has Tmans posted new pixmaps .xpm set and .desktop set.

marco07

#197 Post by marco07 »

pemasu wrote:Marco07. Lucid puppy repo has several Libre office sfs to choose.
http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/pe ... ges-lucid/
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/libreoffice

I think it is time that I test that 01mickos gui pet building script.
I found LibreOffice 3.3.0. A .pet package posted in FileMedia website. Downloaded and installed it. It was placed in Menu>Document and seems to be loading fine, though have not used it much yet.
While configuring it, it did not pick up the java despite me having installed the JRE .pet package pemasu provided the url a couple of pages back in this thread.
any help on this?
Thanks!

pemasu

#198 Post by pemasu »

I was admiring that Barry had made right choices instantly with his kernel which enable the right monitoring features and same time didnt disable Acer hdf module. I found that the dependency of those right choices were crucial and those places were in different part in the kernel sections. And it took me several kernel builds before I learnt to do it right.

But Barry had used my 2.6.38 kernel specs as model. He fixed some of my mistakes and now I/we have much better .config to use for next kernels. This is great news and helped me a lot.
pemasu,
Note that your 2.6.38.x config file has CONFIG_PM_DEBUG and CONFIG_PM_VERBOSE set, which makes the system log too verbose. I used your .config as the basis for 2.6.39-3, but in latest compile I have disabled those two.

Note also, you have "Enhanced RTC" disabled. This is something that I am uncertain about, anyway I enabled it.

Yeah, I noticed that Timberdale problem.

jim3630

#199 Post by jim3630 »

marco07 wrote:@jim3630
Thanks!
marco07, this version does not require java the 3.4sfs. version does and both of them are in the Midnight Sun Puppy or other pemasu pups thread. don't recall who posted them but have the note 3.3.3 will work without java.

jim3630

#200 Post by jim3630 »

jim3630 wrote:
marco07 wrote:@jim3630
Thanks!
marco07, this version does not require java the 3.4sfs. version does and both of them are in the Midnight Sun Puppy or other pemasu pups thread. don't recall who posted them but have the note 3.3.3 will work without java.
marco07 here you go

http://smokey01.com/pemasu/Sfs/