VBox 3.2.8 running on lupu 5.2.5

Virtual machines, emulation, etc.
tim0thy

VBox 3.2.8 running on lupu 5.2.5

#1 Post by tim0thy »

I can't help thinking this ought to be easy, but it's not.

About a day or 2 ago I decided that I wanted to have a personal windows environment on a USB stick so that I could do stuff during my lunch break without having to rely on the required software being on the host or me having to install it - basically w2k or windows xp on a stick.

Soon found out you can't simply run a windows environment from a USB stick. But Linux, yes! Tried Lubuntu: it just doesn't have persistence. Luckily, came across a post on a Ubuntu forum that said "Puppy does it right". Got Puppy working - and persistence. Next, VBox under Puppy. Another post stated, "Sometimes, .debs just don't work" So I figured I needed an SFS or a .pet. The hours it takes just to even discover these things is phenomenal, I can see why people give up on Linux and use Windows. Another posting or 25 later and I found a VBox 3.2.x .pet - hurrah! And it works!

But now I have to learn all about building .pets so I can use VBox 3.2.12 - sigh...

Thank you, TheAsterisk!,
http://www.silverdollarsolutions.com/Pu ... Box-3.2.8/

Darkgame

#2 Post by Darkgame »

TheAsterisk! had created vbox 4.0.6 if you did not noticed. And you might want to try out vmware player (imma big fan!)
it boots slow, about 5 to 15 minutes, but it can play ALOT of games if you have your graphic driver installed.
And, you might want to try wine. Definitely better than vbox or vmware.