Clementine *IS* Amarok

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
playdayz

Clementine *IS* Amarok

#1 Post by playdayz »

Please redownload Songbird (JUN 06) if you want to play unprotected wma.

Clementine is based on the code from Amarok 1.4 (prior to kde4). As you can see.... http://www.clementine-player.org/

I can see why people like it so much. I especially like the Artist Info.

Global shortcuts can cause interference with the keyboard in Openbox. Please redownload if you have that problem.

The locales are included--it could be a bit smaller without them.... The pet is 37MB. It is only tested in Lucid 5.2.5.

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dis ... cid525.pet

Whew.
Last edited by playdayz on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 14:23, edited 4 times in total.

DM was on fire!

#2 Post by DM was on fire! »

Does it have Last.fm/Pandora support like Amarok?
Because if so, and it runs on the latest Puppy (I saw your screenshots), I am sold.

ETA - Never mind. I suppose it would help if I looked at the website lol.
Thank you for putting this into a .pet. :3

playdayz

#3 Post by playdayz »

There is just one more problem.

See the name of the song in the far right column. It is wrong--and the song will not play. In the bottom pic you see the actual song name. Other players don't have this problem. Any ideas?

yim

#4 Post by yim »

playdayz

I noticed you said that it conflicts with keyboard in openbox and to redownload, I have that problem after installing on 5.2.5 2.6.30.5 retro, just curious does a reinstall over the first install fix that , don't quite understand I have the latest pet I believe

thanks yim

yim

#5 Post by yim »

I went through the global shortcut list and set each one to none and hit ok don't know which one did it but now I have control over my keyboad with clementine running, will close down and do a relaunch and see if settings will stay,

hats off to you playdayz, I'm a big fan of clementine works great on pclinuxos and now puppy yeehaw

thanks for making a pet

yim

Jim1911

#6 Post by Jim1911 »

Looks promising however, I get this error trying it from a console:

Code: Select all

# clementine
clementine: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libQtOpenGL.so.4: undefined symbol: _ZN14QPaintEngineEx19drawPixmapFragmentsEPKN8QPainter14PixmapFragmentEiRK7QPixmap6QFlagsINS0_18PixmapFragmentHintEE
# 

playdayz

#7 Post by playdayz »

I noticed you said that it conflicts with keyboard in openbox and to redownload, I have that problem after installing on 5.2.5 2.6.30.5 retro, just curious does a reinstall over the first install fix that , don't quite understand I have the latest pet I believe

I went through the global shortcut list and set each one to none and hit ok don't know which one did it but now I have control over my keyboard with clementine running, will close down and do a relaunch and see if settings will stay,

Yes, that is the fix. I am afraid I got confused and reuploaded the wrong one. But you have fixed it.
Looks promising however, I get this error trying it from a console:
Code:
# clementine
clementine: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libQtOpenGL.so.4: undefined symbol: _ZN14QPaintEngineEx19drawPixmapFragmentsEPKN8QPainter14PixmapFragmentEiRK7QPixmap6QFlagsINS0_18PixmapFragmentHintEE
#
jim1911, Does it start from the menu? I don't get that error. I will test again on a pristine copy of Lucid 5.2.5. Can you reinstall the pet? Some of these pets also use Qt and if you uninstalled one it might delete something that Clementine needs--so just reinstall Clementine.

Yes, Jim, it does start from the menu and the console with a pristine copy of Lucid 5.2.5. It also starts with Xorg_high installed (since the error file is libQtOpenGL). It is also possible you have another package installed that uses Qt and there is a conflict. .

muggins

#8 Post by muggins »

As most QT4's install to /opt, Jim possibly has some libQt* files in /usr/lib that are conflicting. I had a similar error with some app, & it was OK after deleting the conflicting libs.

playdayz

#9 Post by playdayz »

As most QT4's install to /opt, Jim possibly has some libQt* files in /usr/lib that are conflicting. I had a similar error with some app, & it was OK after deleting the conflicting libs.
Unfortunately, this will happen as we make more packages for lucid 5.2.5. My policy has been to make everything included in one package, since I think that is easiest for people to use, but it does mean possible conflicts. There are at least 3 versions of Qt in play now, 4.6. 4.7.2, and 4.7.3, probably more, so there would be possible conflicts regardless--and some packages do not need full Qt (which is huge anyway). I would not have time to remake packages with separate Qt, even if that would solve problems, so we will have to just work around it.

Jim1911

#10 Post by Jim1911 »

playdayz wrote:
Unfortunately, this will happen as we make more packages for lucid 5.2.5. My policy has been to make everything included in one package, since I think that is easiest for people to use, but it does mean possible conflicts. There are at least 3 versions of Qt in play now, 4.6. 4.7.2, and 4.7.3, probably more, so there would be possible conflicts regardless--and some packages do not need full Qt (which is huge anyway). I would not have time to remake packages with separate Qt, even if that would solve problems, so we will have to just work around it.
Very likely, that MuseScore may be conflicting. However, I believe that I prefer Deadbeef to Amarok now, so prefer to keep MuseScore.

Cheers,
Jim

playdayz

#11 Post by playdayz »

Jim1911, It's good to have choices, eh? One of my original goals in Lucid was to have a lot of good linux software tested and configured. We sure have a lot of music players anyway ;-)

If you have any wma audio files, I just posted in the deadbeef thread how to play them. Which version are you using? I make make a full version with everything, unless someone else already has.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 855#531855

Ah, I found Deadbeef version 0.5.1 -> http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=68640

stifiling

last.fm

#12 Post by stifiling »

is last.fm working for anyone?

playdayz

#13 Post by playdayz »

is last.fm working for anyone?
I saw that
Only paid subscribers can stream last.fm radio from Clementine
That is not very helpful. I can stream radio with a browser. I am losing patience with Clementine.

In fact, witness the controversy with Banshee and Ubuntu--our Free and Open Source colleagues are fighting over the money!!! How tacky.

DM was on fire!

#14 Post by DM was on fire! »

I think I got the old file. I can only use my keyboard if my caps lock is on with Clementine on. Thought it was a 5.2.5 problem until I determined that the issue started when Clementine was on.
If I download this one will it work again?

playdayz

#15 Post by playdayz »

I think I got the old file. I can only use my keyboard if my caps lock is on with Clementine on. Thought it was a 5.2.5 problem until I determined that the issue started when Clementine was on.
If I download this one will it work again?
Easier fix -> Go to Tools -> Preferences -> Global Shortcuts, and highlight each shortcut and choose the None option. Then your keyboard should be all right. That's all the fixed version does.

DM was on fire!

#16 Post by DM was on fire! »

I didn't think of that at all. Thank you Playdayz, and keep up the good work. :)

scabz

#17 Post by scabz »

Thanks for the pet playdayz, to big for pupsave but makes a great sfs.

scabz

#18 Post by scabz »

ok i have the same problem as above

Code: Select all

# clementine 
#
error happens after i install umplayer_0.95-1.pet from stu90 http://smokey01.com/stu90/lucid.puppy.p ... 0.95-1.pet
umplayer has conflicting Qt libs how can i have both media players play nice together. umplayer installs the libQtOpenGL.so.4 without that lib clementine plays fine.

goolwa_pup

clementine error

#19 Post by goolwa_pup »

I get the following error (see bottom pic) when running clementine on 525 with 001 update.....this file (libaudio.so.2)is on my system as a broken symbolic link in /usr/lib...link target is libaudio.so.2.3...there is a libaudio.so.2.4 in the usr/lib folder......there are also a number of other broken links which I assume may be related to clementine in usr/lib

installed luci.262 on my thinkpad T43 then clementine....it loaded but then I lost keyboard functionality...I realise the fix but switched to JWM as I prefer it anyway and all is good...loved amarok hoped clementine can be sorted as I have a lot of music and I like the way it gets organised on this proggie
Attachments
libaudio.png
(34.09 KiB) Downloaded 1854 times
clementine.jpg
(7.08 KiB) Downloaded 1877 times

hensan

CD information lookup doesn't work in Clementine (LUPU 5.2.8

#20 Post by hensan »

I like the Clementine music player and it works well on my old computer. However, one feature doesn't work, the automatic CD information lookup. The error message suggest that I install the gstreater ugly package but this doesn't help either. Probably the packages should be included when packaging Clementine as a PET (?)
Or should I start using Amarok instead, would that feature work there? Haven't tested Amarok in the latest LUPU. Last time I tried (spring) Clementine was snappier on my old hardware.
Does anyone have a clementine containing this feature that would be possible to share as a PET or SFS ?
Cheers!