Uninstall of Sea Monkey

Booting, installing, newbie
Hambo1935

Uninstall of Sea Monkey

#1 Post by Hambo1935 »

I am using Linux Puppy Vver. 5.0.1 and installed Sea Monkey but it will not send messages out SMTP that is I need to change the settings for my e-mail program to make it work. I although do receive messages. Should I uninstall the program and can I do that ?

nooby

#2 Post by nooby »

Test to go to Menu > Setup > Set up Puppy > Puppy Package Manager and look what is installed. If it says Seamonkey there then it is safe to uninstall it.

But any emails may go with it I guess. I only have Wary 511 and Lupu 511

So if you talk about Wary 511 then you can not uninstall SM due to the Lib has dependencies that get broken.

But you did say that you installed it yourself and then it is safe to uninstall it as I get it.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

nooby

#3 Post by nooby »

But you give too little information. Not me criticizing at all. Just trying to be practical.

is it on CD or DVD or frugal install on USB or frugal install on HDD or full install on HDD?

If you have frugal install why not change to lupu525 or Fluppy 013 to get a more modern version while you are at it. But if it is USB and you have many other things there then that maybe is not the best idea. But it is easy to install on NTFS hdd if one already have a grub4dos menu.lst
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

cowboy

Re: Uninstall of Sea Monkey

#4 Post by cowboy »

Hambo1935 wrote:...but it will not send messages out SMTP that is I need to change the settings for my e-mail program to make it work. I although do receive messages. Should I uninstall the program and can I do that ?
Hambo1935,

Welcome to Puppy - I'd say the difficulty lies in your setup of the seamonkey mail program. Can you tell us what provider you use for email? (ie, Gmail, ISP, etc). SMTP should not be a problem for Seamonkey, and it's really a very fine emailer. No need to uninstall. Also, can you tell us what version of Seamonkey you are using? Here are some generic instructions for setting up the Seamonkey mail program, you might have a look here first:

http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/tutorials/mailaccount.shtml
[i]"you fix what you can fix and you let the rest go.."[/i] - Cormac McCarthy - No Country For Old Men.