QLBar

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
harii4

QLBar

#1 Post by harii4 »

QLBar is a toolbar gadget for X11 that contains icons and allows you to launch associated applications quickly. Normally, it appears as a one pixel line high placed at the edge of the screen. When the mouse is moved over this line, QLBar appears as a bar with icon images.

looks like an cross of wbar and tablaunch without the jumping icons.
might not have wbar's refresh problems?

http://freshmeat.net/projects/qlbar
Web site:
http://prokop.uek.krakow.pl/projects/qlbar.html
3.01 Fat Free / Fire Hydrant featherweight/ TXZ_pup / 431JP2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peace and Justice are two sides of the same coin.

maik.murks

#2 Post by maik.murks »

Hi harii4.

To my eyes, QLBar seems to be a very cool gadget, and I like to give QLBar a try, gladly. Unfortunately my knowledge to compiling stuff and things like that is near to nothing.
So, perhaps I can ask you a favour.

Could you please be so kind and make a pet out of QLBar, that I can try to use QLBar in my puppies?
If not, is there anybody else outside there, who could be so kind and can make a pet out of QLBar, perhaps?

Don‘t know if this information is important for compiling, but the 2 puppies I‘ve running on my pc are an elder version of ClassicPup 214X and a LucidPuppy 520. And I like to give QLBar a try on both of them.

Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers :wink:

Maik.Murks

muggins

#3 Post by muggins »

Attached is a .pet for qlbar & imlib2. I haven't altered the default files, menu & config, in /root/.qlbar directory. You will need to alter the menu file to reflect apps you want to use.

Run via Menu>Utility>General Utilities>Qlbar

N.B. I've no idea why, when run from commandline, it reports version as 0.1.4.
Attachments
qlbar-0.2.0.pet
(28.04 KiB) Downloaded 375 times

harii4

#4 Post by harii4 »

@ muggins
thank you very much, i'll give it an try.

@ maik.murks
I lack the skills for compiling stuff as well.

puppy is great, :D :D
would any where else - would an avg. user be able to get an package.
try getting an .deb at the debian forum.
3.01 Fat Free / Fire Hydrant featherweight/ TXZ_pup / 431JP2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peace and Justice are two sides of the same coin.

maik.murks

#5 Post by maik.murks »

muggins wrote:Attached is a .pet for qlbar & imlib2. I haven't altered the default files, menu & config, in /root/.qlbar directory. You will need to alter the menu file to reflect apps you want to use.

Run via Menu>Utility>General Utilities>Qlbar

N.B. I've no idea why, when run from commandline, it reports version as 0.1.4.
Hi muggins.

Thank you very much for making the pets and for your additional informations :D

I‘ve downloaded it already and tried to put it into my puppy - and after some work it runs like a charm :D

I have seen this curious version number, too - version 0.1.4 instead of 0.2.0 - very strange.

Since the source files on the QLBar website for downloading are located very close together - are you really shure you‘ve got the right tar archive with the version number 0.2.0?

But nevertheless, it seemed to be so far that everything works as it should work :D

Thank you very much again for your effort :D

Maik.Murks

seaside

#6 Post by seaside »

muggins,

Thanks for compiling this. I tried it in pup431 (had to update lib to libstdc++.so.6.0.13) and it works nicely.

One item I couldn't seem to get working was the --hoffset and --voffset functions.

maik.murks : Were those functions working for you?

Cheers,
s

maik.murks

#7 Post by maik.murks »

seaside wrote:One item I couldn't seem to get working was the --hoffset and --voffset functions.

maik.murks : Were those functions working for you?

Hi seaside.

hoffset = 120 means that the location of the bar is 120 pixels away from the left or from the right border of the screen - it depends of the chosen position before. If the position is position = nw then hoffset = 120 results in 120 pixels away from the left border - if position = ne then hoffset = 120 results in 120 pixels away from the right border. In both cases the border is located at the top of the screen.

voffset works like hoffset, but vertically.

Hope that helps.

Maik.Murks

seaside

#8 Post by seaside »

maik.murks wrote: Hi seaside.

hoffset = 120 means that the location of the bar is 120 pixels away from the left or from the right border of the screen - it depends of the chosen position before. If the position is position = nw then hoffset = 120 results in 120 pixels away from the left border - if position = ne then hoffset = 120 results in 120 pixels away from the right border. In both cases the border is located at the top of the screen.

voffset works like hoffset, but vertically.

Hope that helps.

Maik.Murks
Maik.Murks,

Thank You! I got it ..... and it works.

Cheers,
s
(My head must go over the border sometimes :) )

muggins

#9 Post by muggins »

Good to hear it's working OK.

@maik.murks, yes the version I compiled is definitely 0.2.0. I had a closer look at the source code, & the developer has a variable, in the file constants.h, where he has left the version number at 0.1.4:

Code: Select all

#define QLBAR_VERSION	"0.1.4"

maik.murks

#10 Post by maik.murks »

muggins wrote:Good to hear it's working OK.

@maik.murks, yes the version I compiled is definitely 0.2.0. I had a closer look at the source code, & the developer has a variable, in the file constants.h, where he has left the version number at 0.1.4:

Code: Select all

#define QLBAR_VERSION	"0.1.4"

Hi muggins.

Good to hear that we have a born-and-bred and flawless 0.2.0 of QLBar :D

Thank you again :D

Maik.Murks