YAP-WB-010-AF

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
maik.murks

#16 Post by maik.murks »

Hi all together.

And here comes yet another part of the journey.

@l2ulinux
I promise that YAP-WB-010-AF will come. And believe me, it will be that fine. But it needs some more time - as mentioned above.

Cheers :wink:

Maik.Murks

{yap4soaj}
Attachments
soaj-17-thumb.jpg
And yet another part of the journey
(47.59 KiB) Downloaded 3800 times
Last edited by maik.murks on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.

maik.murks

#17 Post by maik.murks »

Hi all together.

Maik.Murks

{yap4soaj}
Attachments
soaj-19-thumb.jpg
(44.09 KiB) Downloaded 3750 times
Last edited by maik.murks on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.

maik.murks

#18 Post by maik.murks »

Hi all together.

And here comes another part of the journey.

Maik.Murks

{yap4soaj}
Attachments
soaj-21-thumb.jpg
And another part of the journey
(32.25 KiB) Downloaded 3698 times
Last edited by maik.murks on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.

maik.murks

#19 Post by maik.murks »

Hi all together.

Maik.Murks

{yap4soaj}
Attachments
soaj-23-thumb.jpg
(44.01 KiB) Downloaded 3651 times
Last edited by maik.murks on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.

Puppyt

#20 Post by Puppyt »

Hey maik.murks -
you sure you're not bugman?
Love those wallpapers - is that a sunken bug in the lower left corner of the screen you last posted?
Cheers.

P.S. And now I've had to go back and play "where's Buggy?" with your earlier screenies. Maybe I stopped at soaj-11-thumb.jpg a just a little too long and intently....
Bug'r
Search engines for Puppy
[url]http://puppylinux.us/psearch.html[/url]; [url=https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=015995643981050743583%3Aabvzbibgzxo&q=#gsc.tab=0]Google Custom Search[/url]; [url]http://wellminded.net63.net/[/url] others TBA...

Eldes

Re: YAP-WB-010-AF

#21 Post by Eldes »

Hello. I will help you. If you need i upload them in my dropbox account and generate a direct download link. Nice derivate, keep it innovating :)

Indy452

#22 Post by Indy452 »

Looks interesting...It looks like its based on 2.14x so is it geared for older hardware or will it run on newer laptops as well?

When is the release date?

l2ulinux

YAP-WB-010-AF

#23 Post by l2ulinux »

Each time you post a new wallpaper it gets better looking hope everything is going ok and hope to see your release soon.

maik.murks

#24 Post by maik.murks »

Puppyt wrote:Hey maik.murks -
you sure you're not bugman?
Love those wallpapers - is that a sunken bug in the lower left corner of the screen you last posted?
Cheers.

P.S. And now I've had to go back and play "where's Buggy?" with your earlier screenies. Maybe I stopped at soaj-11-thumb.jpg a just a little too long and intently....
Bug'r

Hi Puppyt.

I‘m very pleased that you like these wallpapers that much :D

And no, I‘m not bugman - so far as I know :wink:

And yes, the soaj-11-thumb... - ...I can understand you... - ...same happened to me... :wink:

And yes, it‘s a good idea to play ‚where's Buggy?‘ :D

And no, it‘s not a sunken bug in the lower left corner of the image, definitively not. It‘s only a shape of water. Unfortunately this shape is partly hidden by the bar. In the original picture without the bar, you can see the whole shadow. But with the bar seen and some fantasy in mind, you are right - there could be something seen like a sunken bug - but there is none.

And another ‚but‘...
...but nevertheless it seems to be that you have some clairvoyant or visionary abilities :wink:

Maik.Murks

maik.murks

#25 Post by maik.murks »

Eldes wrote:Hello. I will help you. If you need i upload them in my dropbox account and generate a direct download link. Nice derivate, keep it innovating :)

Hi Eldes.

I‘m very pleased that you like it. And thank you very much for your help and for your offering :D

After releasing YAP-WB-010-AF you‘ll get a link where you can upload it to your dropbox account. Your resulting direct dropbox download link will be posted in one of the first postings of this thread - the fourth, I think so far.

Thanks again :D

Maik.Murks

russoodle

#26 Post by russoodle »

Hello Maik.Murks,

If you wish, i can host YAP on my Puppylinuxstuff site.
PM me if you're interested and i'll provide you with a directory on my server and and an ftp account for uploading.

Check the link in my sig.

:)
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

maik.murks

#27 Post by maik.murks »

Indy452 wrote:Looks interesting...It looks like its based on 2.14x so is it geared for older hardware or will it run on newer laptops as well?

When is the release date?

Hi Indy452.

I‘m very pleased that you like it :D

One of the objectives of YAP-WB-010-AF is that it should RUN on older hardware of course. Another objective is that YAP-WB-010-AF should GO on very old hardware. And yet another objective is that YAP-WB-010-AF should FLY on newer hardware. As you can see the range of usable hardware for YAP-WB-010-AF is a little bit greater than in your assumption. In the end YAP-WB-010-AF should feel more snappier and more agile on each class of hardware compared to another OS designed for a particular kind of hardware class, even if YAP-WB-010-AF won‘t support every new high sophisticated high tech thingies. And while YAP-WB-010-AF will run on your hardware between fast and very very fast YAP-WB-010-AF will give you more fun while using it.
Well, at the moment I don‘t know if I‘ll really reach all of these goals successfully - but I‘ll try it - and I‘ll do my best.

For some still up-to-date informations about the release date please take a look here http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 261#529261.
Moreover releasing YAP-WB-010-AF will happen as soon as possible.

And for some informations about some roots of YAP-WB-010-AF please take a look here http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 945#523945.

Maik.Murks

maik.murks

#28 Post by maik.murks »

l2ulinux wrote:Each time you post a new wallpaper it gets better looking hope everything is going ok and hope to see your release soon.

Hi l2ulinux.

I‘m very pleased that you like the wallpapers more and more :D

The work on YAP-WB-010-AF is still getting on - unfortunately mostly some more slowly than faster - but nevertheless YAP-WB-010-AF will be released as soon as possible.

Maik.Murks

maik.murks

#29 Post by maik.murks »

russoodle wrote:Hello Maik.Murks,

If you wish, i can host YAP on my Puppylinuxstuff site.
PM me if you're interested and i'll provide you with a directory on my server and and an ftp account for uploading.

Check the link in my sig.

:)

Hi russoodle.

I‘m very pleased that you like to host YAP on your Puppylinuxstuff site :D

Yes, I‘m very interested - and yes, I wish :D

You‘ll receive a PM during the next few days.

Thank you very much :D

Maik.Murks

maik.murks

#30 Post by maik.murks »

Hi all together.

Maik.Murks

{yap4soaj}
Attachments
soaj-25-thumb.jpg
(44.2 KiB) Downloaded 3174 times
Last edited by maik.murks on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.

maik.murks

#31 Post by maik.murks »

Hi all together.

Maik.Murks

{yap4soaj}
Attachments
soaj-27-thumb.jpg
(39.06 KiB) Downloaded 3775 times
Last edited by maik.murks on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

l2ulinux

soaj-25-thumb.jpg

#32 Post by l2ulinux »

When I first looked at soaj-25-thumb.jpg, man what is going on R2-D2 on a surf board. Then I cleaned my glasses and looked again and seem it was a VW bug on the board. Next time please have it on top of the wave and not getting swiped out.

maik.murks

Re: soaj-25-thumb.jpg

#33 Post by maik.murks »

l2ulinux wrote:When I first looked at soaj-25-thumb.jpg, man what is going on R2-D2 on a surf board. Then I cleaned my glasses and looked again and seem it was a VW bug on the board. Next time please have it on top of the wave and not getting swiped out.
Hi l2ulinux.

Well, it's a kind of story named STATIONS OF A JOURNEY as mentioned above (http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 261#529261). And of course there are some adventures, some action and some romance... - ...as in almost every good story... - but in the end the Bug (or the Beetle or the Käfer) will survive - hopefully :wink:

Maik.Murks

davec51

YAP

#34 Post by davec51 »

I'm beginning to think there is no YAP, only wallpapers.

maik.murks

#35 Post by maik.murks »

davec51 wrote:I'm beginning to think there is no YAP, only wallpapers.
Dear davec51.

Thank you for your posting, davec51. I‘ve read it very carefully and thoroughly and I‘ve asked me all the time: What do you want to say with these words written to me. And so I‘ve read your posting again and again. And I‘ve really tried to understand your posting in the right way. Well, let‘s see, if I‘ve got some success in understanding you.

So so, you are thinking, davec51... interesting... very interesting...
What should I say? In most cases thinking is very good...

But, davec51, still I do not really know what you want.
Perhaps this here...

Well, one of my intensions is that the guests of mine are feeling good. If they are feeling well, I feel well, too - usually. If one of my guests is feeling not so good or bad, I try some things to make my guest feeling better. But never ever I try to feel bad by myself - this is definitely none of my intensions. So, if it seems to be that a guest of mine has the ambition, that I should better feel more bad, then I‘m pretty sure that I won‘t like it. And in the end I think in those cases or similar ones, that it is pretty much better that this special guest feels bad than I feel bad. Moreover, If I‘m right with somethig I feel good - if I‘m wrong with something I feel bad. If a guest of mine is right, he/she feels good - if he/she is wrong he/she feels bad.

And there we are now, davec51.

If you would be right that there isn‘t any YAP - you would be feeling good. But then I would be wrong as I‘ve posted this http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 811#523811 and this http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 261#529261 and that http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 052#530052 for example - and I would be feeling very bad. On the other hand I like you to feel good, because you are one of my guests in my thread. You see, davec51, it‘s a kind of dilemma, isn‘t it?

And so, I was looking for a solution to solve this dilemma - finding a way for you and me - that both of us are right - and both of us could feel good.

Yes, davec51, I‘m thinking too... And I think it‘s time for a deal now, davec51.

About the deal...

You promise me, that you don‘t download YAP-WB-010-AF after it will be released and that you‘ll never ever use it. Moreover you promise that you‘ll close your eyes every time you see a running YAP-WB-010-AF somewhere - and say to yourself, that this what you‘ve seen was only a little animated wallpaper displayed with an image viewer.

That was your part of the deal. And now my part of the deal.

I promise you, that you get a big thank you written here http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 818#523818 for not downloading a copy of YAP-WB-010-AF and for never ever using it. And believe me, I keep my promise.

As you can see, davec51, I‘ve found a way for both of us. So there is a possibility that we are right, both of us. And this seems to be a solution for the dilemma decribed above.

In the end it looks like this:

In your world there will never be something like YAP-WB-010-AF (so, you‘ll be right). And in the rest of the real world YAP-WB-010-AF will run or go or fly depending on the choosen hardware (so, I‘ll be right, too). This also means, that you are pretty right with your thoughts, that YAP is only a couple of wallpapers - in your world. And I think, if you‘re right your‘re feeling well. It‘s the same to me. If I‘m right, I‘m feeling well.

I‘m pretty sure, davec51, that this is a solution for our dilemma, a pretty good one, isn‘t it?

What do you think about this deal?

Do we have a deal, davec51?

Furthermore I‘m very sorry that it seems to be that you don‘t like the images seen here in this thread. One possible solution for this problem could be perhaps: simply don‘t look at the images. Another possible solution could be perhaps: simply don‘t visit this thread. Perhaps you would feel a little bit better - when doing so - perhaps.

So so, you are thinking... still very interesting...

About wallpapers...

A wallpaper is not a mostly unimportant thingy within an operating system. It‘s something you‘re looking at while you‘re working with this operating system. And it is something which makes, in case you have a good wallpaper that you like, that you like the working with this operating system much more than if you have a bad looking wallpaper which you don‘t like. So, in the end, a good wallpaper has a significant effect on your productivity - whatever that means. Same to the themes of window managers. Same to themes of applications. And same to good looking fonts, if they were used. All these eye candy thingies are essential. And I think, that an operating system nobody want to work with because nobody likes it can‘t be a good operating system. It seems to be that you haven‘t got any eye candy thingies in your Puppy - or if you have some, you don‘t use it. This would be a great pity because a significant part of your potential could be simply blown in the wind. As you can see, with some eye candy many things are going much better or could be going much better. And even thinking becomes a little bit more easy - and makes more fun of course. And thinking is good, davec51, so keep on thinking.

Well, davec51, it seems to be that you are not only thinking. It seems to be, that you have started writing as well, as I could see in your first posting in my thread. Basicly I think, that it‘s a good idea, to do more things than one at quite the same time. Saying something respective writing something is very good too - in most cases, but not in all. But in every case thinking before writing is pretty much better than the other way round - I hope you agree with me, davec51. And sometimes it seems to be better to keep the mouth closed - even if there were something like a process of thinking before - I hope, davec51, you agree with me as well.

Finally, thanks again for your important posting. It helped me very much.

So so, you are thinking... very interesting...

Thinking is good - so, keep on thinking, davec51 - and keep in mind that it‘s always up to you what you‘re thinking.

I hope I could help you.

Maik.Murks