Puppy Lupen- K 2.6.38.4.....Compiz-Fusion/Emerald/Cairo-dock

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
gcmartin

kernel version

#31 Post by gcmartin »

@Nooby, or type "uname -r" in a terminal window.
@PuppyLuvr, I'm looking forward to your upcoming release to test SAMBA PET, again.

Hope this helps

puppyluvr

Compiz-Fusion Puppy!!!

#32 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
OK, first ISO with Compiz-Fusion..
See first post...
Still buggy, but it works...
Try at your own risk...
Should not cause your computer to blow up...but... :wink:

Still tring to get Compiz, Emerald, Cairo-dock, Pwidgets, and Xfce4
to cooperate and get along...
FBpanel is off by default, an it interferes with Cairo-dock, but can be enabled.
Many personal settings remain...hey, its a test release...just reset wireless, weather, etc to your own specs...

Test please...
Jay
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

davec51

xorg doesn' work

#33 Post by davec51 »

I made a frugal install of Lupen, as I have done with maybe a dozen Puppies before. Everything is fine until I get to xorg, then whatever I try doesn't work. I have an Intel graphics card, but I don't understand your instructions about it, as no "ignore" choice is ever given to me on bootup.

puppyluvr

#34 Post by puppyluvr »

Did you try running xorgwizard at the prompt??
Choose your card, and then, at the prompt type
startx xfce4
If it doesnt work, try
xwin openbox or xwin jwm
I am Lead Dog of the
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

davec51

Nothing works

#35 Post by davec51 »

Nope. I tried each of the options you suggested, but I always got the notice that x didn't work, try xorgwizard again. It may be that varieties of Wary don't work with my graphics card (Mesa DRI Intel 8456GEM, etc.).

puppyluvr

#36 Post by puppyluvr »

Lupen isnt Wary..It is Lucid based...
Did you check the md5sum???
What kind of machine are you on??
That is the exact video card Lupen was built on..
The last entry for Intel, without a number, works for me..

I will D/L and check the md5sum to insure a good upload occurred..
Will take about 30 min..
Be back..
I am Lead Dog of the
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

nooby

#37 Post by nooby »

Puppyluvr I also have intel card for video here on my Acer D250 so I will try as you recommend to chose intel in the xorg choice and test the latest iso 0.1 withing some 15 minutes from now and get back and tell the result in this post editing it. Now I am back booted into Lupen 0.1

Oh so you like Compiz? I am maybe too attention challenged to appreciate all the things going on. popping up and down and exploding and so on.

I feel spoiled whining when I should be happy.

Well everythings works too well. I get to know what weather you have. Time in big digital sings. I am used to get an analog instead but that most likely is a choice somewhere.

Being this big it is remarkably slower than what I have come to expect. I only have 1GB RAM amd a N270 ATOM CPU so that explains it.

It looks kind of cool so that is your choice, you want it that way and I am unfortunately not that wild and enthusiastic due to my too short time of attention I get over whelmed by all the things going on.

But it was fun to try out.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

nooby

#38 Post by nooby »

When I boot up it says something about that it find Intel 945 chips and then I fail to get time to read the rest. is that recorded in some log at tmp?

When writing here in the forum it is remarkably or annoyingly slower lagging behind each char I enter. That is not cool :)

davec51

Still no graphics

#39 Post by davec51 »

I tried adding "vga=normal" to the kernel line; no change. I chose the Intel driver, and the test showed success, but still I keep getting the message that I have to type "xorgwizard," no matter what command I use. Now I'm online with Puppy 525, also Lupu.
It's a Dell GX280 machine, P4, with 512M RAM.
I'll download again and reinstall.

puppyluvr

#40 Post by puppyluvr »

@Nooby,
Yes, I really liked the Puppy/Compiz/Ciaro-Dock combination since Project Ripple and wNOP, both of which are long gone now.. :cry:
To speed up performance, you might try Ciaro-Dock without GLX:
In a terminal type "killall cairo-dock" to stop it.. Then type "cairo-dock -c" to restart it without GLX.. Not as flashy, but less of a resource hog.. 8) I may default it that way in the future.. "ciaro-dock -o" starts it back in GLX mode..
Both Compiz and Cairo-Dock-GLX are composite and together are resource hungry... Did you
@davec51,
If the md5sum matches, there is no need to redownload..
With 512mb ram, you may need a swap file to run this one properly in Compiz...But xwin openbox should give you a relatively standard Lupu525 desktop... If you cannot get a standard OB desktop I suspect a bad D/L..

@Nooby and davec51...
If you could, please post a copy of your /etc/X11/xorg.conf for me..
For Nooby friendliness I have attached "Tarballmaker"
Unpack it somewhere..Inside is a script called "TarThemAll..
Pup whatever directories you want, as many as you want, in there, then click the script..Instant tarballs...
Put a copy of xorg.conf in a directory, put the dir inside Tarballmaker, and run the script..
This is so you can post it here instead of paste it here..
Attachments
Tarballmaker.tar.gz
Easy way to tar up directories...
(290 Bytes) Downloaded 404 times
I am Lead Dog of the
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

nooby

#41 Post by nooby »

I guess you only need this section?

#everything past here is auto-generated by Puppy's Xorg Wizard...

Section "ServerLayout"
InputDevice "Synaptics Mouse" "AlwaysCore"
Identifier "X.org Configured"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "kbd"
Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
Option "XkbModel" "pc102"
Option "XkbLayout" "se" #xkeymap0
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2" #mouse0protocol
Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
#Option "Emulate3Buttons"
#Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5" #scrollwheel
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Synaptics Mouse"
Driver "synaptics"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
Option "LeftEdge" "1700"
Option "RightEdge" "5300"
Option "TopEdge" "1700"
Option "BottomEdge" "4200"
Option "FingerLow" "25"
Option "FingerHigh" "30"
Option "MaxTapTime" "0"
Option "MaxTapMove" "220"
Option "VertScrollDelta" "100"
Option "MinSpeed" "0.10"
Option "MaxSpeed" "0.30"
Option "AccelFactor" "0.0030"
Option "SHMConfig" "on"
#Option "Repeater" "/dev/ps2mouse"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor0"
VendorName "Monitor Vendor"
ModelName "Monitor Model"
HorizSync 31-61
VertRefresh 56-75
#UseModes "Modes0" #monitor0usemodes
Option "PreferredMode" "1024x768"
EndSection

Section "Modes"
Identifier "Modes0"
#modes0modeline0
EndSection

Section "Device"
### Available Driver options are:-
### Values: <i>: integer, <f>: float, <bool>: "True"/"False",
### <string>: "String", <freq>: "<f> Hz/kHz/MHz"
### [arg]: arg optional
#Option "ShadowFB" # [<bool>]
#Option "DefaultRefresh" # [<bool>]
#Option "ModeSetClearScreen" # [<bool>]
Identifier "Card0"
Driver "vesa" #card0driver
VendorName "Intel Corporation"
BoardName "Mobile 945GME Express Integrated Graphics Controller"
BusID "PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Card0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 16
#Option "metamodes" "1024x768_60 +0+0" #METAMODES_0
Subsection "Display"
Depth 16
Modes "1024x768"
EndSubsection
EndSection

#PuppyHardwareProfile=Intel_r__82945GM_ChipsetCPQTFT5015

davec51

xorg.conf file

#42 Post by davec51 »

Here is the xorg.conf file from /etc.

#Special base config file used in Puppy Linux.

# abiword.desktop abiword-help.desktop ALSA-sound-Wizard.desktop alsmixer.desktop asunder.desktop Axel-download-accelerator.desktop Bcrypt-file-encryption.desktop BootFlash-usb-installer.desktop BootManager-configure-bootup.desktop Burniso2cd-burn-iso-file-to-CD-DVD.desktop cairo-dock-cairo.desktop cairo-dock.desktop ccsm.desktop CD-DVD-drive-Wizard.desktop Chooselocale-country-localisation.desktop compiz.desktop Countrywizard.desktop cups.desktop desksetup.desktop Desktop-drive-icons.desktop DidiWiki-personal-wiki.desktop dillo.desktop e3-console-editor.desktop emerald-theme-manager.desktop epdfview.desktop exo-preferred-applications.desktop fbpanel-config.desktop fbpanel-refresh.desktop ffconvert.desktop file_sharing.desktop firefox.desktop Firefox.desktop firewallstate.desktop flsynclient.desktop Format-floppy-disk.desktop fotoxx.desktop fpm2.desktop gadmin-rsync.desktop gcalctool.desktop gcolor2.desktop Gdmap-graphical-disk-usage.desktop Geany-text-editor.desktop gexec.desktop gFnRename.desktop gfontsel.desktop Gftp-ftp-client.desktop gimp.desktop Glipper.desktop gmeasures.desktop gnome-mplayer.desktop gnumeric.desktop GParted-partition-manager.desktop Gpptp.desktop Grub4DosConfig.desktop Grub-bootloader-config.desktop gtkam.desktop GTK-chtheme.desktop gtkhash.desktop guvcview.desktop gwhere.desktop hardinfo.desktop hcraft-program.desktop hcraft-uninstall.desktop HomeBank.desktop HomeBank_Help.desktop htop.desktop icon_switcher.desktop InkLite-vector-editor.desktop Internet-Connection-Wizard.desktop ipinfo-network-information.desktop ISOMaster-iso-file-editor.desktop JWM-configuration.desktop jwmthememaker.desktop Linux-Firewall.desktop Linux-Firewall-Wizard.desktop mhwaveedit.desktop mimeinfo.cache Mouse-keyboard-Wizard.desktop MP-console-editor.desktop mtPaint-image-editor.desktop mtPaint-snapshot-screen-capture.desktop mtr-traceroute.desktop nicoedit-text-editor.desktop notecase.desktop obconf.desktop osmo.desktop Partview.desktop pbackup.desktop pburn.desktop pcd.desktop pclock.desktop pcur.desktop Pdict-online-dictionary.desktop Pdisk-partition-manager.desktop pdvdrsab.desktop PersonalizeSettings.desktop pfind.desktop picpuz.desktop Pictureviewer.desktop pmetatagger.desktop pmirror.desktop Pmount-mount-unmount-drives.desktop pmusic.desktop pmwget.desktop pnethood.desktop pplog-blog.desktop pprocess.desktop PRename.desktop printer-wizard.desktop psip.desktop Psync.desktop ptiming.desktop Pudd-copy-drive-partition.desktop pup-advert-blocker.desktop PupClockset.desktop PupControl.desktop Puppy-Event-Manager.desktop Puppy-package-manager-check-deps.desktop Puppy-package-manager.desktop puppyPDF-convert-file-to-PDF.desktop Puppy-Podcast-Grabber.desktop Puppy-universal-installer.desktop PupScan-interface-information.desktop pupX-X-settings.desktop Pure_FTPd-FTP-server.desktop pwidgets.desktop Pwsget.desktop quickpet.desktop Remaster-Puppy-live-CD.desktop remove-builtin.desktop report-video-glx.desktop Resize-personal-storage-file.desktop ROX-Filer-file-manager.desktop Rubix-cube.desktop searchmonkey.desktop Secure-ssh-telnet.desktop Set-date-and-time.desktop Set-global-font-size.desktop Set-hwclock-type.desktop Set-timezone.desktop sfsconvert.desktop simple-ccsm.desktop Ssh-gui-secure-telnet.desktop Stay-Connected-2-Internet.desktop Superscan-network-scanner.desktop sylpheed.desktop test-0000.mpeg Thunar-bulk-rename.desktop Thunar.desktop Thunar-folder-handler.desktop thunar-settings.desktop tile-game.desktop Top-view-running-processes.desktop uget-gtk.desktop Urxvt-terminal-emulator.desktop viewnior.desktop WakePup2.desktop wallpaper.desktop wcpufreq.desktop Wizard-Wizard.desktop wmswitcher.desktop XArchive-archiver.desktop Xclipboard.desktop xconsole.desktop Xdelta-difference-manager.desktop xemeraldia.desktop xfce4-about-xfce.desktop xfce4-accessibility-settings.desktop xfce4-appfinder.desktop xfce4-file-manager.desktop xfce4-help.desktop xfce4-logout.desktop xfce4-panel-manager.desktop xfce4-run-program.desktop xfce4-settings-editor.desktop xfce4-terminal.desktop xfce4-web-browser.desktop xfce-backdrop-settings.desktop xfce-display-settings.desktop xfce-keyboard-settings.desktop xfce-mouse-settings.desktop xfce-session-settings.desktop xfce-settings-manager.desktop xfce-ui-settings.desktop xfce-wm-settings.desktop xfce-wmtweaks-settings.desktop xfce-workspaces-settings.desktop Xfdiff-cut.desktop Xfontsel-font-viewer.desktop xinvaders3d.desktop Xlock-lock-screen.desktop Xlock-setup.desktop Xorg-Video-Wizard.desktop Xsane-image-scanner.desktop xscreensaver-properties.desktop xsensors.desktop X-Toys.desktop xvidcap.desktop
# Module section -- this section is used to specify
# which dynamically loadable modules to load.
# abiword.desktop abiword-help.desktop ALSA-sound-Wizard.desktop alsmixer.desktop asunder.desktop Axel-download-accelerator.desktop Bcrypt-file-encryption.desktop BootFlash-usb-installer.desktop BootManager-configure-bootup.desktop Burniso2cd-burn-iso-file-to-CD-DVD.desktop cairo-dock-cairo.desktop cairo-dock.desktop ccsm.desktop CD-DVD-drive-Wizard.desktop Chooselocale-country-localisation.desktop compiz.desktop Countrywizard.desktop cups.desktop desksetup.desktop Desktop-drive-icons.desktop DidiWiki-personal-wiki.desktop dillo.desktop e3-console-editor.desktop emerald-theme-manager.desktop epdfview.desktop exo-preferred-applications.desktop fbpanel-config.desktop fbpanel-refresh.desktop ffconvert.desktop file_sharing.desktop firefox.desktop Firefox.desktop firewallstate.desktop flsynclient.desktop Format-floppy-disk.desktop fotoxx.desktop fpm2.desktop gadmin-rsync.desktop gcalctool.desktop gcolor2.desktop Gdmap-graphical-disk-usage.desktop Geany-text-editor.desktop gexec.desktop gFnRename.desktop gfontsel.desktop Gftp-ftp-client.desktop gimp.desktop Glipper.desktop gmeasures.desktop gnome-mplayer.desktop gnumeric.desktop GParted-partition-manager.desktop Gpptp.desktop Grub4DosConfig.desktop Grub-bootloader-config.desktop gtkam.desktop GTK-chtheme.desktop gtkhash.desktop guvcview.desktop gwhere.desktop hardinfo.desktop hcraft-program.desktop hcraft-uninstall.desktop HomeBank.desktop HomeBank_Help.desktop htop.desktop icon_switcher.desktop InkLite-vector-editor.desktop Internet-Connection-Wizard.desktop ipinfo-network-information.desktop ISOMaster-iso-file-editor.desktop JWM-configuration.desktop jwmthememaker.desktop Linux-Firewall.desktop Linux-Firewall-Wizard.desktop mhwaveedit.desktop mimeinfo.cache Mouse-keyboard-Wizard.desktop MP-console-editor.desktop mtPaint-image-editor.desktop mtPaint-snapshot-screen-capture.desktop mtr-traceroute.desktop nicoedit-text-editor.desktop notecase.desktop obconf.desktop osmo.desktop Partview.desktop pbackup.desktop pburn.desktop pcd.desktop pclock.desktop pcur.desktop Pdict-online-dictionary.desktop Pdisk-partition-manager.desktop pdvdrsab.desktop PersonalizeSettings.desktop pfind.desktop picpuz.desktop Pictureviewer.desktop pmetatagger.desktop pmirror.desktop Pmount-mount-unmount-drives.desktop pmusic.desktop pmwget.desktop pnethood.desktop pplog-blog.desktop pprocess.desktop PRename.desktop printer-wizard.desktop psip.desktop Psync.desktop ptiming.desktop Pudd-copy-drive-partition.desktop pup-advert-blocker.desktop PupClockset.desktop PupControl.desktop Puppy-Event-Manager.desktop Puppy-package-manager-check-deps.desktop Puppy-package-manager.desktop puppyPDF-convert-file-to-PDF.desktop Puppy-Podcast-Grabber.desktop Puppy-universal-installer.desktop PupScan-interface-information.desktop pupX-X-settings.desktop Pure_FTPd-FTP-server.desktop pwidgets.desktop Pwsget.desktop quickpet.desktop Remaster-Puppy-live-CD.desktop remove-builtin.desktop report-video-glx.desktop Resize-personal-storage-file.desktop ROX-Filer-file-manager.desktop Rubix-cube.desktop searchmonkey.desktop Secure-ssh-telnet.desktop Set-date-and-time.desktop Set-global-font-size.desktop Set-hwclock-type.desktop Set-timezone.desktop sfsconvert.desktop simple-ccsm.desktop Ssh-gui-secure-telnet.desktop Stay-Connected-2-Internet.desktop Superscan-network-scanner.desktop sylpheed.desktop test-0000.mpeg Thunar-bulk-rename.desktop Thunar.desktop Thunar-folder-handler.desktop thunar-settings.desktop tile-game.desktop Top-view-running-processes.desktop uget-gtk.desktop Urxvt-terminal-emulator.desktop viewnior.desktop WakePup2.desktop wallpaper.desktop wcpufreq.desktop Wizard-Wizard.desktop wmswitcher.desktop XArchive-archiver.desktop Xclipboard.desktop xconsole.desktop Xdelta-difference-manager.desktop xemeraldia.desktop xfce4-about-xfce.desktop xfce4-accessibility-settings.desktop xfce4-appfinder.desktop xfce4-file-manager.desktop xfce4-help.desktop xfce4-logout.desktop xfce4-panel-manager.desktop xfce4-run-program.desktop xfce4-settings-editor.desktop xfce4-terminal.desktop xfce4-web-browser.desktop xfce-backdrop-settings.desktop xfce-display-settings.desktop xfce-keyboard-settings.desktop xfce-mouse-settings.desktop xfce-session-settings.desktop xfce-settings-manager.desktop xfce-ui-settings.desktop xfce-wm-settings.desktop xfce-wmtweaks-settings.desktop xfce-workspaces-settings.desktop Xfdiff-cut.desktop Xfontsel-font-viewer.desktop xinvaders3d.desktop Xlock-lock-screen.desktop Xlock-setup.desktop Xorg-Video-Wizard.desktop Xsane-image-scanner.desktop xscreensaver-properties.desktop xsensors.desktop X-Toys.desktop xvidcap.desktop
#
Section "Module"
Load "synaptics"

# This loads the DBE extension module.

Load "dbe" # Double buffer extension

# This loads the miscellaneous extensions module, and disables
# initialisation of the XFree86-DGA extension within that module.
SubSection "extmod"
Option "omit xfree86-dga" # don't initialise the DGA extension
EndSubSection

# This loads the font modules
# Load "type1"
# Load "freetype"

# This loads xtrap extension, used by xrandr
# Load "xtrap"

# This loads the GLX module (if present). xorg 7.4/5 need explicit disable to disable...
Load "glx" #LOADGLX

# This loads dri module (if present). 7.4 loads it by default, have to disable...
Load "dri" #LOADDRI
# Disable "dri"

EndSection

# Files section. This allows default font paths to be set

Section "Files"

# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (which are concatenated together),
# as well as specifying multiple comma-separated entries in one FontPath
# command (or a combination of both methods)

FontPath "/usr/share/X11/fonts/misc/"
FontPath "/usr/share/X11/fonts/Type1/"
FontPath "/usr/share/X11/fonts/TTF/"

EndSection

# Server flags section.

Section "ServerFlags"

# Uncomment this to disable the <Crtl><Alt><Fn> VT switch sequence
# (where n is 1 through 12). This allows clients to receive these key
# events.

# Option "DontVTSwitch"

# Enables mode switching with xrandr
# There is a report that this can cause Xorg not to work on some
# video hardware, so default is commented-out...
# but i want to use it in xorgwizard so leave on...

Option "RandR" "on"

# With this, Xorg won't talk to HAL to add evdev devices and you'll be back
# with the old Xorg behavior (pre-7.4)...

Option "AutoAddDevices" "false"

# For no-Hal, kirk also suggests this...

# Option "AllowMouseOpenFail" "true"

# Xorg 7.4, Ubuntu Jaunty, CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE is disabled by default...

Option "DontZap" "false"

EndSection

#everything past here is auto-generated by Puppy's Xorg Wizard...

#PuppyHardwareProfile=Intel_R_Cantiga_Graphics_ChipsetSAMSUNG

### Dummy layout for synaptics mouse
Section "ServerLayout"
InputDevice "Synaptics Mouse" "AlwaysCore"
Identifier "X.org Configured"
#Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

# keyboard entry
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "kbd"
Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
Option "XkbModel" "pc102"
Option "XkbLayout" "us" #xkeymap0
EndSection

### common mouse device
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2" #mouse0protocol
Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
#Option "Emulate3Buttons"
#Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5" #scrollwheel
EndSection

# entries for Synaptics touch pad
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Synaptics Mouse"
Driver "synaptics"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
Option "LeftEdge" "1700"
Option "RightEdge" "5300"
Option "TopEdge" "1700"
Option "BottomEdge" "4200"
Option "FingerLow" "25"
Option "FingerHigh" "30"
Option "MaxTapTime" "220"
Option "MaxTapMove" "220"
Option "VertScrollDelta" "100"
Option "MinSpeed" "0.10"
Option "MaxSpeed" "0.30"
Option "AccelFactor" "0.0030"
Option "SHMConfig" "on"
#Option "Repeater" "/dev/ps2mouse"
EndSection

puppyluvr

#43 Post by puppyluvr »

@Nooby,
You are using the "vesa" driver for xorg. (Not to be confused with the Xvesa driver)... Switch to the "intel" driver for much better performance..

@davec51....Wow...Xorg seems to be looking for font paths in /usr/share/applications... Very odd.. No "device" section to see what driver loaded...
Beyond that it seems OK...

@Nooby, did yours have that mess above "Everything below here..."??
I am Lead Dog of the
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

nooby

#44 Post by nooby »

You mean what DaveC51 report?

Not that I remember.

And I got surprised this quote attributed to me.

@Nooby,
Quote:

You are using the "vesa" driver for xorg. (Not to be confused with the Xvesa driver)... Switch to the "intel" driver for much better performance..

I am using the intel driver. But have I written what you cited?

Maybe it was in that file I cited but I have not written that text as I remember.

But I did only chose intel in the xorg choice I have not gone to quickpet and used the special driver there for intel.

Maybe that is why it was slower. But I am not a fan of compiz so will not use Lupen. Just wanted to be one of the testers so you get feedback.

puppyluvr

#45 Post by puppyluvr »

@Nooby,

Feedback and testing is exactly what I need...
The "quote" was cropped from your xorg.conf..
So regardless of your efforts, you are still using the vesa driver...
IDK why the Intel driver didnt load, but....
xorg.conf doesnt lie...LOL...

@davec51,
Your xog.conf is confusing...
IDK what it means as of yet...
But I will... :!: :idea:

Sorry it didnt work for you, but that is how we find out the faults...
Lupen is my baby, and it will work..I wont quit till the "Compiz Puppy" lives..

"Test me please".... :wink: :wink:
I`ll be back......
I am Lead Dog of the
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

nooby

#46 Post by nooby »

PuppyLuvr than I rather trust you and the config on it but honestly I did push what I thought was the right buttons to get the right driver so it is my lack of knowledge or the IDK thing :)

I should do that thing in every puppy then to find out if any of them have the driver I need?

Good that you told me!

Yes in Lupu525 one can go to quickset and chose the advanced driver.

If that exists for Lupen too then me was too lazy to find out.

I'm so lazy that I rather be without the Compiz effects to get faster response from the keyboard when writing in a box :)

puppyluvr

#47 Post by puppyluvr »

New vidcap..
CCSM fixed..
Removed Pwidgets/Conky..
Vidcap rate still sux.. Working on it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFbcwtoumwM
I am Lead Dog of the
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

nooby

#48 Post by nooby »

Puppyluvr you where right about the vesa driver.

I tested on Lupu 511 and despite I used the Quickpet and chosed GLX driver Intel driver it stayed in Vesa when I looked in x11 later.

So it is my hardware that is too difficult to satisfy.

But it is only noticable on heacvy things like Compiz. Youtube things works great so for normal usage it is just great.

puppyluvr

#49 Post by puppyluvr »

So, is anyone testing this???
@Nooby...thank you for your reporting on it working for you!!!
@davec51, I have not been able to recreate your xorgconf as of yet...
Why it is looking for the font paths in /usr/share/applications is beyond me...
You did check your md5sum, right?...

To stop the icon.background problem:
in a terminal type
rox -p=
Duh...I forgot about Pwidgets refreshing the pinboard/background...

Anybody out there?? Hello??
Maybe when I shave another 100mb off her.... :wink:

I say nothing wrong with a "chubby puppy"... :roll: But...
I am Lead Dog of the
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

Puppyt

#50 Post by Puppyt »

Sorry puppyluvr - you're not talking to a vacuum - I'm really interested in testing but I have exams on, and some showstoppers with other puplets lately. Back to you in a fortnight. Keep up the good work!
Search engines for Puppy
[url]http://puppylinux.us/psearch.html[/url]; [url=https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=015995643981050743583%3Aabvzbibgzxo&q=#gsc.tab=0]Google Custom Search[/url]; [url]http://wellminded.net63.net/[/url] others TBA...