ADB not finding LG android phone

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
jack454

ADB not finding LG android phone

#1 Post by jack454 »

:roll: I'm running Lupu-525 and have android skd, java jdk, and eclipse running. Still can't get adb to see the LG optimus V phone. Puppy will see the sd card if I turn on usb storage. ADB sees it in Windows and Debian. Thanks for any help.

nooby

#2 Post by nooby »

I don't even know what ADB is ao I can't help you further.

But we have an older thread where they try something very similar and maybe that thread have clues on it?

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy//viewtopic.php?t=55763

Here's where I'm at.

According to this http://developer.android.com/guide/deve ... s/adb.html , adb sets up a server and is bound to port 5037 where it listens for communication from the phone. I can't remember what the command was, but I verified that adb is doing this. So it appears that the phone is not able to connect to that port to communicate with the adb server. I don't have a firewall installed.

The phone has 3 modes with which it can connect to the computer - as a mass storage device, as a modem and a debugging mode to connect to adb. The first 2 work flawlessly.

I'm not sure what is keeping Puppy(Lucid 510, frugal install) from seeing the device in debugging mode and allowing it to communicate to port 5037. It may be a udev rules issue or lack of correct kernel module or some other protocol issue. Looking at Pupscan, with the phone in modem mode, the loaded kernel module is rndis_host. In debugging mode there is no loaded kernel module.

Some one with more knowledge than I have of the pup event backend, could probably figure this out. Any ideas welcome!
So that is where it stands unless you find a better thread where they have solved it or use a linux distro where it works :)

Or find the Puppy user that knows how to do it.

What is this adb thing you talk about?
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

jack454

#3 Post by jack454 »

ADB is Android Debug Bridge. It allows you to send shell commands to an Android powered device. Thanks for your reply, I was afraid it might be a kernel problem. Guess I'll have to continue using Debian for now. I was hoping someone might know a simple fix. I can normally find a thread that helps me here. Puppy and this forum are fantastic. Thanks again.

nooby

#4 Post by nooby »

Hey, suddenly I remember a guy that told us about him communicating with his kindle. If they are into Android then he has to know how to set up puppy to communicate with it? But if that allow you to communicate with ADB that is a wild guess. What else could he have referred to? As a mass storage memory maybe.

Anyway search ARM kindle puppy and hopefully you find it.

I take a hasty look now and if I don't get back commenting then I failed to find it.

oops he is using Telnet that is not the same at all.

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 802#495802

Quote:
I've been having fun using puppylinux to telnet into my kindle 3. for 138.00 USD its a useful ARM developing platform. It also reads books too! battery built-in. I'm currently working on getting BACON working on it. its Webbrowser does not work with this forum for posting but reading is fine.

What is great is puppylinux has all the right software built in to support the usb network used to telnet into kindle. Laughing

end of quote

But maybe he knows how to do ADB if he is that interested that he telnet into it?

Maybe you can learn from him to set server protocol for Telnet and that protocol maybe can be tweaked to also allow ADB? I only guess.
Last edited by nooby on Sun 15 May 2011, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

jack454

#5 Post by jack454 »

Thank you for your continued help. I am going to look at the link you provided.
I would really like to get this working in Puppy. So far it's the only thing I have to boot to another OS for. Thanks again.

jack454

#7 Post by jack454 »

Thanks for the info. But I have the phone rooted and adb, android sdk, and eclipse running. I just can't get Puppy to see the phone thru adb. I used Debian to root the phone and every thing worked fine. I would just rather use Puppy for working with android if I can get it to work. Thanks again. I'm running lupu-525 with the 2.6.33.2 kernel.