PERL 5.8 - is it available?

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
Grandma

#1 Post by Grandma »

I couldn't find it at

http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/pe ... ges-lucid/

... an older version of Firefox would be handy as well - 3.3'ish, as 4.0 won't run on a Dell with a 2Ghz processor - heads up - older is sometimes more reliable.

Thank you.

Gonna go try skype now.

muggins

#2 Post by muggins »

Grandma

#3 Post by Grandma »

lovely muggins - thank you from the blind grannie

pity that sea monkey crashed and burned with such a simple "download and save" process. guess it was the youtube video playing in the other window or an inability to handle saving to the download folder I placed on the boot drive that holds Puppy...not sure ... but onward with attempt #2

ok - got that in - and now the test - drum roll pa-leez - lets see if Perl is associated - worked like a charm...thank you.

Any idea on how to get a .sh script to run @ boot? Do I need to set up a cron or is there an init.d process here?

=============================

Absolutely luv your penguin.

Pretty sure drive - which was created with a Windows Partition utility (first clue you may be right) is ok - its never had data on it, other Linux systems can read it, its a simple fat 32 and barely has any data on it - it was ripped out of the main hard drive that was 100% NTFS - then formatted to fat32 - and that allowed me to get ISOs with WIndows then copied to that area to test various installs/boot/root's side by side and if it failed or crashed I could go dust it easily and start over.

You're right - eventually I may make it ext2 - but for now its a simple fat32 the other distros can read and I am pretty sure it has something to do with security within Puppy - probably some chmod at the right place would fix it - not sure.
Last edited by Grandma on Mon 09 May 2011, 04:11, edited 1 time in total.

aarf

#4 Post by aarf »

With the problems you are having i think you need to check your drives/partitions for errors.
For example fsck /dev/sda1
This can only be used on unmounted partitions. Partitions can also be checked in gparted which can be found in the sub-menus