Anything wrong/incompatible with these video, audio cards?

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
Pizzasgood

Anything wrong/incompatible with these video, audio cards?

#1 Post by Pizzasgood »

I'm just wondering if this stuff is Linux/Puppy compatible (I've heard bad things about a certain SB card, but I don't remember which it was) and if they are garbage with a big name or not.

256MB PCI Express
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

jmarsden

Re: Anything wrong/incompatible with these video, audio card

#2 Post by jmarsden »

[quote="Pizzasgood"]I'm just wondering if this stuff is Linux/Puppy compatible...
256MB PCI Express

Pizzasgood

#3 Post by Pizzasgood »

Well, the custom deal offered it cheap, so I was wondering whether I should go with that or just buy one separately. I'm inclined to go GeForce, but I want to see peoples' opinions first. Basically the same deal with the sound card.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

tempestuous

#4 Post by tempestuous »

Pizzasgood,
Xorg is playing catch-up with newer ATi models. They currently have stable accelerated support for models up to the Radeon 9250 with rv280 chip. Your X600 with rv380 chip is at the experimental stage of DRI support.

But the proprietary ATi driver should work well ... and since you wrote the book on nVidia proprietary drivers in Puppy, this should be no trouble!
And I think that ATi will grant permission for their driver to be repackaged, so it's feasible you could even make a DotPup.