Translating Carolina into Dutch

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Draker

Translating Carolina into Dutch

#1 Post by Draker »

Hello All.

trying again, probably misplaced my question the first time?

I'm into translating Carolina for my native language, Dutch.
Carolina is at the base a Offspring to Wary5xx, therefore Momanager should be present?

Regards, Berry.

vicmz

#2 Post by vicmz »

Hi Berry :D

Only puppies made from the latest original Woof (Woof2) have Momanager built-in (Puppy 5.3 and higher, except Slacko 5.3.1). For others you must have some gettext knowledge to build the .pot files and to make translatable by yourself the scripts that aren't internationalised, but many applications and interfaces already have translation files, so it isn't too heavy. Note that the language pack will be compatible only with that pupplet, this means Dutch speakers will have little choices for Puppies in their language.

Official language packs for Puppy Linux made through Momanager at this time: French, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish.
Pupplets compatible with official language packs: Dpup Exprimo (Pemasu), Upup Precise (Pemasu), Lxpup (Jejy69), Precise NOP (Gray). (Basically any pupplet made from the latest original Woof or derived from the latest official builds of Puppy Linux including Puppy 5.3 and higher, except Slacko 5.3.1)
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]

Draker

#3 Post by Draker »

vicmz wrote:Hi Berry :D

Only puppies made from the latest original Woof (Woof2) have Momanager built-in (Puppy 5.3 and higher, except Slacko 5.3.1). For others you must have some gettext knowledge to build the .pot files and to make translatable by yourself the scripts that aren't internationalised, but many applications and interfaces already have translation files, so it isn't too heavy. Note that the language pack will be compatible only with that pupplet, this means Dutch speakers will have little choices for Puppies in their language.

Official language packs for Puppy Linux made through Momanager at this time: French, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish.
Pupplets compatible with official language packs: Dpup Exprimo (Pemasu), Upup Precise (Pemasu), Lxpup (Jejy69), Precise NOP (Gray). (Basically any pupplet made from the latest original Woof or derived from the latest official builds of Puppy Linux including Puppy 5.3 and higher, except Slacko 5.3.1)

Hi vicmz :)

Though i allready read about it, just not carefull enough as it seems :(
Just installed several other pups to get a broader picture, make my choice upon testing them and then intend to translate it (them) to the full extend with help of my sons. They trapped me into this :D

Thx for your reply an took the time to answer a noob!

cthisbear

#4 Post by cthisbear »

Draker ....welcome to Puppy mate.

Chris.

Draker

#5 Post by Draker »

cthisbear wrote:Draker ....welcome to Puppy mate.

Chris.
Hi cthisbear :)

Thx for the welcome!
Hope i can deliver a good job to the community.
I'm already using LMDE for a while and since a couple of weeks two puppy's as an full-alternative to MS windows. Allready replaced MS on several PC's among family and friends with LMDE, now going into puppy for the slightly older machines.
As it seems Linux is growing up for a replacement of de Status Quo.
What it needs is community effort and alignment, that's more a problem that seems to exist all around Linux Distro's. Diversity is OK.
Fragmentation though, a nail to the coffin (so to speak).

Thx again for the welcome!

Berry.