Play up to 32 soundfont presets at once with Organ tool prog

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
ap72

Play up to 32 soundfont presets at once with Organ tool prog

#1 Post by ap72 »

:) here's an awesome little old program from win 3.1 and 95,organ tool is just one stand alone exe,very simple and very useful just how it ought to be :D .
There are 32 slots to choose any sounds within a soundfont bank,normally the slots would show the names of the presets but since there is no soundfont manager in linux(sfman32.dll) the slots just say preset 1 preset 2 and so on.
when you start organ tool you get a little screen complaining it can't find a soundfont manager but thats no biggie.you just have to remember what number is what sound,the ct2mgm soundfont is what a lot of people use for general midi,the presets are laid out in 10's,1-10 piano sounds,11-21 is some other sounds etc.
You will have to have wine installed to run this of course,it should run on a clean install of wine with no winetricks updates but I'm not a 100% on that,I'll do a frugal install and check to see if it does or not and post back.

Happy Jammin :D

ap72

#2 Post by ap72 »

okay tried it out on the live cd with basic wine install and all is well,you might need to connect the emu10k1 midi in and out in jack or use aconnect to whatever number your ports may be.

and3583

Puppy Linux 5.1.1 with jOrgan 3.12

#3 Post by and3583 »

Hi

I would really love to get hold of Puppy Linux 5.1.1 with jOrgan 3.12, a live cd which includes the jOrgan software. I've tried several links but they're all blind :(

Does anyone know of a link where I can actually get this image? I'm kind of desperate, I used to be a cathedral organist but had a big stroke and now I don't have access to a good pipe organ, so this would aid my recovery and allow me to practise properly. Any help very much appreciated :)

This link http://www.poconopipeorgans.com/poconop ... ns_004.htm seems to be the most recent but comes up 404

ap72

#4 Post by ap72 »

wow,sorry to hear about that :cry: ,hope you doing better everyday :D

as far as the jorgan prog goes,I've tried to get hold of that myself but was having the same problem your having,if you have a sblive card or can get one,that has the emu10k1 chip that you can load the soundfonts into and use the organ program mentioned above,it performs better because the samples are more stable loaded into the 10k1,fluidsynth is cool but will hog lots of cpu loading pipe organ sets,you'll run into glitches and latency problems,if I can help with anything let me know :D