Computer hardware I've gotten recently

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
bark_bark_bark

Computer hardware I've gotten recently

#1 Post by bark_bark_bark »

I have gotten 2 Internal IDE Hard Drive Drive Racks (FREE)(Brand:BeanTech, model: BT-10)(the site for beantech is still up but hasen't been touched since 2006). Also I got various brand/sized IDE hard drives.

2 of them are: IBM 7.9GB HDDs
another one is a: Western Digital Caviar 22100 2GB HDD
last one is a: Western Digital Caviar 26400 6.5GB

I will be using them with the drive racks. 1 of the IBM ones I am using for TinyCore 4.5.6 (through a drive Rack)

Also I got an "Abit AB-BH6 Motherboard" with 64MB RAM and a Slot 1 PII.

I got a "Sound Blaster Live!" and a "Diamond Multimedia Viper" 16MB gfx card.

starhawk

#2 Post by starhawk »

Hey, bark_bark_bark, if you like old hardware like that, I've got some stuff for you... I've got a bunch of Athlon XP (socket 462) boards, and processors for them... and I have a 2-drawer file cabinet FULL of various-sized IDE HDDs (I don't think I'm bragging... but I'm not sure).

PM me if you're interested and we can probably work out something. I'm in NC, so no international shipping mess.

bark_bark_bark

#3 Post by bark_bark_bark »

I don't know. I have a lot more to go through (I think a family member of mine had a Vic20?). I have a lot of misc. parts, but thanks for the offer.

I am currently getting to the point where I am almost going to be done exploiting my PS2 and loading PS2Linux (a homebrew one) on it. I am using the 160GB HDD that WAS in my dell with my PS2. I wonder if I could port puppy to the PS2...?

Anyways I am kind of angry @ my dell for not loading any websites (I have seamonkey on a TinyCore system)(Wary + Seamonkey loads websites a lot faster). Here is my setup for my HDDs in my Dell:

1st HDD (2GB): GRUB4DOS with Plop Boot Manager option (fat32)
2nd HDD (8GB): TinyCore 4.5.6 with Syslinux 4.05 (ext4)

Both HDDs are in the drive trays.

(Note: have you ever noticed how many times I update my signature)