Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 01 Sep 2014, 18:37
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
IcePuppy-014 for newer and Ice Puppy-015 for older computers
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 50 of 56 [839 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 Next
pemasu

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun 2011, 15:58    Post subject:  

Just tested java again. http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/puppylinux/pet-packages-lucid/java_jre-6u22-Lucid-sfs4.sfs

I loaded that java.sfs with sfs on the fly and then I installed angry ip pet.
It run ok for me.
About java pets, I dont know much of them, I dont use java any other form than sfs.

But here is a link to the lates lucid puppy java pet I found: http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/puppylinux/pet-packages-lucid/jre-1.6.0.22.pet

Packages-puppy-lucid-official does not show all the stuff there is in lupu repo. Here is straight link, so that people can find the stuff straight.
I usually use straight repo access with browser.
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/puppylinux/pet-packages-lucid
About those funny errors. 01mickos sfs get needs that you have made savefile and have /mnt/home existing.
Open Office probably needs same thing because it is so big download. Yes, I get the error of missing /mnt/home. I am running without savefile atm.
pemasu

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun 2011, 16:56    Post subject:  

Sorry about responding so lamely. I am atm playing with Polarpup which will have full qt4 4.80 libs and development environment in devx.sfs. It will have also basic gstreamer support.
I have now second processing going because first one lacked libs for Handbrake. Some of those Qt apps unfortunately drags support libs with them. I have had to strip some previous stuff out so the build is not turbo IcePuppy.
Kernel is freshly compiled 2.6.38-4 intel atom optimization low latency highmem+pae kernel.
Qt4 applications so far QtWebbrowser, Arora web browser, Smplayer, latest Umplayer, Juffed, Qwriter, Qx11grab, Handbrake, Scribus, EasyImageSizer, Screengrab. Separately you can add VLC 1.10, Mscore, Lmms or those Qt apps which are around forum. Mostly they have needed Qt libs included so I have tested some of them by removing those Qt libs. That way Billtoos VLC shrink from 42 mb to 8 mb and still worked. I made new sfs of it.
And also most stuff from IcePuppy/SnowPuppy, with good and bad.
It will be my OS anyway so no sized down Puppy, there are so many of them around anyway.
gcmartin

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun 2011, 17:22    Post subject:  

Hold on. I am going back to earlier versions. I will report back soon on this JAVA occurrence!!!

Last edited by gcmartin on Sat 11 Jun 2011, 18:00; edited 2 times in total
Béèm

Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun 2011, 17:36    Post subject:  

For a java application to run, the system must know where your java binary is.
In a console issue PATH=<the path to your java binary>:$PATH

Use peppyy's puppysearch
pemasu

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun 2011, 18:55    Post subject:  

I created from sfs jre 1.25 version pet. I will upload both of them when I have uploaded Polarpup. Later today.
That java pet worked also for me. Angry Ip started ok.
jim3630

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun 2011, 20:21    Post subject:  

Jim1911 wrote:
Another flawless upgrade from 013 to 014. Everything just works.

Hopefully, someone will prepare some pets for this for the nvidia drivers.

Thanaks,
Jim

Jim, pemasu has a nvidia pet for this kernel up on his site. I tried it but crashed my system... not badly someone who knows what they are doing could probable have recovered. I lost my keyboard and couldn't get it back. good luck.
jim3630

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun 2011, 20:24    Post subject:  

Béèm wrote:

mine is in /mnt/home/ and it can't find it.

# PATH=/mnt/home/:$PATH
bash: the: No such file or directory

then install angryIP it won't run from menu. did the # PATH=/mnt/home/:$PATH again with no luck.

from the console #angryIP show no such command.
James C

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun 2011, 20:32    Post subject:  

jim3630 wrote:
Jim1911 wrote:

Thanaks,
Jim

Jim, pemasu has a nvidia pet for this kernel up on his site. I tried it but crashed my system... not badly someone who knows what they are doing could probable have recovered. I lost my keyboard and couldn't get it back. good luck.

The only Nvidia pet I saw was NVIDIA-x86-260.19.44-2.6.38.2snow.pet ....if that's the one you installed it's the wrong kernel version.......Ice Puppy now has 2.6.38.4......
HTH.
jim3630

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun 2011, 20:41    Post subject:  

pemasu wrote:
Sorry about responding so lamely. I am atm playing with Polarpup which will have full qt4 4.80 libs and development environment in devx.sfs. It will have also basic gstreamer support.
I have now second processing going because first one lacked libs for Handbrake. Some of those Qt apps unfortunately drags support libs with them. I have had to strip some previous stuff out so the build is not turbo IcePuppy.
Kernel is freshly compiled 2.6.38-4 intel atom optimization low latency highmem+pae kernel.
Qt4 applications so far QtWebbrowser, Arora web browser, Smplayer, latest Umplayer, Juffed, Qwriter, Qx11grab, Handbrake, Scribus, EasyImageSizer, Screengrab. Separately you can add VLC 1.10, Mscore, Lmms or those Qt apps which are around forum. Mostly they have needed Qt libs included so I have tested some of them by removing those Qt libs. That way Billtoos VLC shrink from 42 mb to 8 mb and still worked. I made new sfs of it.
It will be my OS anyway so no sized down Puppy, there are so many of them around anyway.

Pemasu, looks like I'm not the only one who's going on 36+hours with 2 hours sleep. they say it's not the destination but the trip that is important, stop and smell the roses....I hate roses.
gcmartin

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun 2011, 23:00    Post subject:  

Space....New Frontier....Looking forward to having an opportunity for the next adventure.

Thanks for your follow-thru, Pemasu. Thanks

jim3630

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun 2011, 23:04    Post subject:  

James C wrote:
jim3630 wrote:
Jim1911 wrote:

Thanaks,
Jim

The only Nvidia pet I saw was NVIDIA-x86-260.19.44-2.6.38.2snow.pet ....if that's the one you installed it's the wrong kernel version.......Ice Puppy now has 2.6.38.4......
HTH.

yeah, bet I did mistake it.
jim3630

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun 2011, 23:14    Post subject:  

pemasu wrote:

Polar pup looks good nice effects. Have 4 pets Broadcom_sta=5.100.82.38.lupe22/18/15/5 couldn't get Polar Pup wl driver loaded.

Pemasu, would any of the above drivers work?
pemasu

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jun 2011, 02:21    Post subject:  

Jim3630. Lol. You are the early bird. I have just uploaded the iso while I was sleeping. I havent done real announcement page yet. I will make your required wl pet, acpi_call and ndiswrapper pet.
I just havent had time yet. I need to some other works today. It goes to the evening before I have time to work with Puppies.
jim3630

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jun 2011, 02:52    Post subject:  

pemasu wrote:
Jim3630. Lol. You are the early bird. I have just uploaded the iso while I was sleeping. I havent done real announcement page yet. I will make your required wl pet, acpi_call and ndiswrapper pet.
I just havent had time yet. I need to some other works today. It goes to the evening before I have time to work with Puppies.

pemasu, thanks friend look forward to the adventure.
Béèm

Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jun 2011, 02:54    Post subject:  

jim3630 wrote:
Béèm wrote:

mine is in /mnt/home/ and it can't find it.

# PATH=/mnt/home/:$PATH
bash: the: No such file or directory

then install angryIP it won't run from menu. did the # PATH=/mnt/home/:$PATH again with no luck.

from the console #angryIP show no such command.
The path to your binary isn't correct
Should be something like /mnt/home/jrexxxxxxxx/bin

Use peppyy's puppysearch
Page 50 of 56 [839 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: