How to edit Xeznet.tcl; edit, print images in Puppy?

Using applications, configuring, problems
rwilliams

How to edit Xeznet.tcl; edit, print images in Puppy?

#1 Post by rwilliams »

Xeznet.tcl and Gimp questions:

By experiment I have found that Xeznet included with my Pup 105 works fine as a GUI front-end for eznet, except the Edit option does not seem to work. Parameters that are set by the user with the xeznet GUI when an Internet Service description is added are saved in the eznet.conf file, but are not saved by the edit function. To change any parameters the service has to be deleted and then added back in with the desired changes. I also found that editing the eznet.conf file by hand works as long as the format is strictly adhered to. Each line of the file starts with an integer and a space. The integer is a zero if only one service is listed. Added services change that leading integer for each parameter to a one, two, etc. as services are added in order to differentiate between the same parameters for different services.

When I contacted the listed author of xeznet he was friendly but said he had stopped supporting xeznet and did not remember its details enough to give me a patch.

I printed out the 15-page Tcl/Tk source for xeznet and got a general idea of its structure but not being a Tcl/Tk programmer I could not fix the non-saving edit function. Any of you Tcl experts want to post a patch for me?

Gimp in Pup 105 seems to be a sym-link to Paint, and paint does not have a Print option, so even though I finally got a printer that works with Pup 105, I can only print a graphic by putting it in a blank Abiword page. Also, Paint does not allow me to resample pics to a different size or change their hue, brightness, contrast etc. It has been suggested I try Gimp, but apparently I don't have Gimp.

MU

#2 Post by MU »

Install Gimp with PupGet, or use this newer Dotpup:

http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.p ... t=gimpshop

Mark