Need step-by-step How-To make DotPups

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
klhrevolutionist

Need step-by-step How-To make DotPups

#1 Post by klhrevolutionist »

I see that puppy is in dire need of help
And I would be willing
We need more people helping to make and create dotpups because the foundation is already built
So if someone would take their time and carefully craft a step by step for stupids on how to create dotpups we can get this distro back in gear because a less knowledgeable linux user will want add-ons
So somebody please create that document like I said for stupids

in depth, step-by-step, and for the idiot
keep those 3 things in mind
I think puppy is the best distro to
but for people like me coming from windows
we don't know how to do all these scripts and what nots
no disrespect to any pups
but look at debian or slackware of course we don't need all those apps but a nice selection of apps would b nice that's all I'm saying
Last edited by klhrevolutionist on Tue 14 Jun 2005, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce B

Re: Step-by-Step

#2 Post by Bruce B »

klhrevolutionist wrote:I see that puppy is in dire need of help
And I would be willing
We need more people helping to make and creat dotpups because the foundation is already built
So if someone would take their time and carefully craft a step by step for stupids on how to create dotpups we can get this distro back in gear because a less knowledgeable linux user will want add-ons
So somebody please create that document like I said for stupids

in depth, step-by-step, and for the idiot
keep those 3 things in mind
Honestly, I think Puppy is a great distribution. As far as Linux distros go - it's a buyer's market. I bought Puppy.

I plan on making a few dotpups over the next couple weeks. GuestToo, Alienx and some others seem able to make them in their sleep. For me, it takes a little time because I'm still learning the techniques.

They aren't hard to make, but you do have to be a careful worker. The information you request is already available. I'll try and find references for you in an upcoming post.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

GuestToo made a DotPup Wiki page here. And another with more detailed instructions on how to make a DotPup here.

Think carefully before you proceed. You want your dotPups to be easy to uninstall without leaving any trace, if necessary. To that end, they should not create files all over the place or put files in peculiar places when they install.

Rich

#4 Post by Rich »

If you get a Dotpup made, but aren't sure if you've done it following all the usual linux protocols, you could always Email the file to one of the common DotPup creators ( with their permission of course ) and ask them to double check / appraise / advise it before you let it loose on the world