QtWeb - fast portable browser

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
Mike Walsh

#106 Post by Mike Walsh »

Hey, GG.

I don't know whether there's a .pet for this kicking around the forum anywhere. I've been doing some searching around for you.....and, although there are plenty of older versions available out there, they're almost all of them Windows .exes.....there's hardly any older Linux versions out there at all.

I can only presume that you want this particular version for a specific reason. The 3.8.5 version compiled for JP-431 seems to run A-OK in the widest range of Pups; would that not do you? It's more secure than the 3.7.2 version, which was known to be vulnerable to a 'denial of service' (DDOS) exploit a few years back:-

https://packetstormsecurity.com/files/1 ... rvice.html

I have a copy of this in my MediaFire a/c, here:-

http://www.mediafire.com/file/j32jy9f6j ... -jp431.pet

Mike. :wink:

greengeek

#107 Post by greengeek »

Hi Mike - thanks for the links. I tried the -jp version (as well as others) but for some reason I get constant ssl errors. I can only make QtWeb run if I accept the "Yes to all" choice when ssl errors are thrown up - and that simply ignores the errors which I assume is a risky approach.

I particularly want a lightweight browser for a laptop I have that lacks the SSE2 cpu flag and i am finding that some of the older versions of browsers are more suitable than later ones - hence the search for versions that other puppians use on similarly old hardware.

Pelo

what should i change in the settings ?

#108 Post by Pelo »

why no access to Facebook and You Tube with QtWeb 3.7.3 ? what should i change in the settings ?
I suppose my puppy-builder wanted to prevent me to go there, and set Qt-Web unabled to visit the sites :evil:

sylvieBidy

Emachine E525 CD Polarpup 005 QtWeb 3.8.4

#109 Post by sylvieBidy »

QtWeb 3.8.4 Polarpup Qt Old Cd Old computer 4GB is perfect first install
Just to try Puppy Linux FRom a friend

hamoudoudou

version 3.8.5 on try.. Unicorn was built with 3.8.4.

#110 Post by hamoudoudou »

version 3.8.5 on try.. Unicorn was built with 3.8.4... which gets me very nervous... Sure Light 48 loaded as SFS on the fly get better results.
3.8.5 not better, unable to answer to my thousands of friends on Facebook (Unicorn 6.0). I can just answer in some fora, after authorization, as forum for discussion about Puppy Linux (this one)