XFCE missing window borders!

Using applications, configuring, problems
wizzerd02

#16 Post by wizzerd02 »

I had no borders until I edited /etc/X11/xorg.conf under section "Screen" to:

Default Depth 24

and under "Display"

Depth 24

*Note: there should already be entries in these locations so you will want to either change the existing ones or comment them out if you type new ones[/code]

reasonit

#17 Post by reasonit »

same problem :( . no window decorations, but compiz works perfectly.
rebooting or changing default depth didnt help.

Using Nvidia 173 drivers and xgce compiz pet.

Edit: Does there exists an alternative to emerald? if so can it be used here instead ?

BlueKnyght

#18 Post by BlueKnyght »

Hey Guys!

I had the same problem about missing window borders, and got it solved. Let me share how I got it right. Actually, I'm no expert nor a developer, so when I encountered this problem I just kept reinstalling Puppy 5.2.5, and reinstall compiz_xfce too repeatedly *LOL* thinking I just made a mistake while installing Puppy.

On my last reinstall of Puppy, while setting up xorg.conf using xorgwizard, I noticed that I kept selecting the highest resolution with 16 bits, so I tried selecting the lower resolution with 24 bits and went on. Then from the initial window of Personalize Settings I chose the high resolution suited for my system, then I installed compiz xfce, and there it was. BEAUTIFUL Compositing XFCE!!!

Now I realized I shouldn't have reinstalled Puppy, I should have just exited X, and run xorgwizard. *LOL* *LOL* *LOL*

I think this is just the same with wezzerd02's solution, but it's only now that I stumbled on this thread and viewed his post.