Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 21 Dec 2014, 11:25
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Cutting edge
GUI to download LibreOffice - beta quality
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 18 of 18 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 16, 17, 18
01micko

PostPosted: Mon 23 Dec 2013, 01:24    Post_subject:  

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
version 30 appears to be working as well as the others have for me with just one little bit of weirdness: it told me i had 248 version of libreoffice to choose to build from and listed blank spaces and music files. 414 and 406 were among the choices, so not a big deal, just a bit odd.

created sfs file works fine--thanks again, 01micko! (precise 561 fwiw. LO files made under it using your program have been documented to work in 5.5, 5.6, 5.7 (upup), 531 slacko, 5.5 slacko, wheezy---). really cool.

here's a shot of the weirdness:

Laughing .. an amusing conflict.. anyway I'll fix it, just a matter of making sure the temp files are unique.

Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Tue 15 Apr 2014, 23:31    Post_subject:  

01micko wrote:
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
version 30 appears to be working as well as the others have for me with just one little bit of weirdness: it told me i had 248 version of libreoffice to choose to build from and listed blank spaces and music files. 414 and 406 were among the choices, so not a big deal, just a bit odd.

created sfs file works fine--thanks again, 01micko! (precise 561 fwiw. LO files made under it using your program have been documented to work in 5.5, 5.6, 5.7 (upup), 531 slacko, 5.5 slacko, wheezy---). really cool.

here's a shot of the weirdness:

Laughing .. an amusing conflict.. anyway I'll fix it, just a matter of making sure the temp files are unique.

micko, i was wondering if you could modify the script so that it doesn't necessitate the unloading of the previous sfs/the uninstallation of the previous pet. the temp file weirdness actually brings a little suspense to the build process so you may want to leave that part unchanged.

Very Happy
01micko

PostPosted: Wed 16 Apr 2014, 02:30    Post_subject:  

Well, the feature of stopping the program if libreoffice is loaded is so users won't jam up their system and make a mess, however I suppose I could make it more developer friendly. I'll see what I can do.. perhaps add a CLI switch. The last thing noobs need is another confusing gui option.
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Wed 16 Apr 2014, 02:59    Post_subject:  

01micko wrote:
Well, the feature of stopping the program if libreoffice is loaded is so users won't jam up their system and make a mess, however I suppose I could make it more developer friendly. I'll see what I can do.. perhaps add a CLI switch. The last thing noobs need is another confusing gui option.

after requesting the change i figured it was there to keep people from having things pile up, but yeah, the process can pretty much choke the machine (if i understand you correctly).

the interface is very straightforward. you can add a "be sure to unload your sfs before you load this one" or a similar pop-up. and maybe, "your system may be floundering about for the next few minutes if you know you don't want to build in ram..." i have one machine that doesn't notice the process, one that can do nothing else during it, and a 2 gig machine that makes me wonder, how much ram do you need to build in ram and what are the advantages? (speed, i'm guessing. usb installs, the first page informs me...2gig...or minimum of one and one...).

anyway, thanks again.
shinobar

PostPosted: Sat 02 Aug 2014, 09:13    Post_subject: get_libreoffice-0.29.1  

LibreOfice has large icons up to 512x521 which makes large icon cache on pupsave.
Removed icons 128x128 and larger:
get_libreoffice-0.29.1.pet
http://shino.pos.to/party/bridge.cgi?puppy/opt/pup5/

JustGreg

PostPosted: Thu 20 Nov 2014, 09:36    Post_subject:
Sub_title: Thank you and LibreOffice 4.3.4 for Fatdog64 700B2

Thank you for the script to get and make a sfs for LibreOffice. I took your pet version 0.29 and extracted the script. I used the script with Fatdog64 700 beta2 to create a sfs for the latest 64 bit English version (4.3.4) of LibreOffice.
If anyone is interested, the sfs can be found here: http://distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/contrib/sfs/700/
Thanks again for the great tool.

Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Sat 22 Nov 2014, 23:42    Post_subject:
Sub_title: Thank you and LibreOffice 4.3.4 for Fatdog64 700B2

JustGreg wrote:
Thank you for the script to get and make a sfs for LibreOffice. I took your pet version 0.29 and extracted the script. I used the script with Fatdog64 700 beta2 to create a sfs for the latest 64 bit English version (4.3.4) of LibreOffice.
If anyone is interested, the sfs can be found here: http://distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/contrib/sfs/700/
Thanks again for the great tool.

LibreOffice-4.3.4_64_en-US_xz.sfs mirrored, and the proper authorities (http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=85915) notified.
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 18 of 18 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 16, 17, 18
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Cutting edge
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum