UnionFS Problems While Customizing Puppy

Using applications, configuring, problems
mike5713

UnionFS Problems While Customizing Puppy

#1 Post by mike5713 »

I was working on making a custom Puppy when I had this problem. The Puppy will be Developer Puppy or something. It will include the Java, gcc, and python compilers/interpreters, as well as a programming game I like called robocodeng. The game involves programming battle robots using Java, which is the reason I decided to make this CD. I still have all the files on my hard drive.
I looked through Puppy's startup scripts and found that, on startup, it loads usr_cram.fs, usr_devx.sfs, and usr_more.sfs (if found). I installed Java into a temporary loop filesystem, then made a squashfs- usr_more.sfs. Then I installed RobocodeNG into /usr/local/games/RobocodeNG and created a script in /usr/local/bin to launch it.
I cleared the loop filesystem (ext2) and moved robocode into it. Then I used unionfs to mount it and the current usr_more.sfs in a directory, then made a new squashfs. I moved the new squashfs to usr_ more.sfs (saving the old one) and rebooted.
Here's the problem: a directory is missing. In /.usr_more (where the actual file is mounted), the local/games/RobocodeNG directory shows up. When everything is unioned into /usr, the directory is missing, but the /usr/local/bin/robocodeng script is still there. Java is also still there.
I think this is a problem with unionfs. What did I do wrong?

PS: Oh, yeah. Earlier I tried to put RobocodeNG in usr_cram.fs. When I tried to boot Puppy again, it came up with a random assortment of colored pixels and a mouse pointer that wouldn't move. I restored the original usr_cram.fs and it seemed to work again.