Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 30 Oct 2014, 12:57
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Chromium Browser 12.0.716.0 for Wary 511 [SFS]
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 3 of 3 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Author Message
loubapache


Joined: 14 Sep 2011
Posts: 54
Location: Western Michigan

PostPosted: Sat 10 Dec 2011, 11:34    Post_subject:  

Yes, Md5 matched: 57851a9c8446e830235c15559ad98b4f.

Memory should not be a problem because I am testing on a more powerful machine. (P4-2.8GHz, 1 GB RAM).

Right now it loads the GIMP and LibreOffice 3.4.4 SFS fine. This Opera is the third one loaded.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
ravensrest


Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Posts: 321
Location: Hood Canal, WA

PostPosted: Sat 10 Dec 2011, 13:45    Post_subject:  

Terry, I just mounted your Chrome 12 sfs in Racy 522 without any other additions. Seems to run fine viewing a number of sites including YouTube. However, when I try to import html bookmarks from Seamonkey, it dies completely -- just disappears from the screen and does not show as a running process -- without importing the bookmarks.
BS
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Terryphi


Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Posts: 763
Location: West Wales, Britain.

PostPosted: Wed 14 Dec 2011, 11:03    Post_subject:  

As this version of Chromium is now somewhat out of date ( and there probably have been security enhancements since) I intend removing it from my server later this week. I am posting this as an explanation and to give anyone who really wants it (despite the health warnings) one final opportunity to download it before it is removed.
_________________
Classic Opera 12.16 browser SFS package for Precise, Slacko, Racy, Wary, Lucid, Quirky, etc available here Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
playdayz


Joined: 25 Apr 2008
Posts: 3788

PostPosted: Wed 14 Dec 2011, 12:49    Post_subject:  

The latest Chromium, as well as iron, Chrome, and Firefox, are avaiable as pets for Lucid -> http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=584868#584868

They are also available for Slacko in the Slacko Puppy Package Manager.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Terryphi


Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Posts: 763
Location: West Wales, Britain.

PostPosted: Wed 14 Dec 2011, 12:57    Post_subject:  

playdayz wrote:
The latest Chromium, as well as iron, Chrome, and Firefox, are avaiable as pets for Lucid -> http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=584868#584868

They are also available for Slacko in the Slacko Puppy Package Manager.


Thanks for the pointer Playdayz for anyone who comes to this thread. Just for clarification, do they run on Wary/Racy? My Chromium SFS was designed for Wary.

_________________
Classic Opera 12.16 browser SFS package for Precise, Slacko, Racy, Wary, Lucid, Quirky, etc available here Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
Tman


Joined: 22 Jan 2011
Posts: 814
Location: Toronto

PostPosted: Wed 14 Dec 2011, 13:03    Post_subject:  

Terryphi wrote:
playdayz wrote:
The latest Chromium, as well as iron, Chrome, and Firefox, are avaiable as pets for Lucid -> http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=584868#584868

They are also available for Slacko in the Slacko Puppy Package Manager.


Thanks for the pointer Playdayz for anyone who comes to this thread. Just for clarification, do they run on Wary/Racy? My Chromium SFS was designed for Wary.


I have tried Chrome and Iron prviously and confirm that they do not work in the lastest Wary/Racy. ScOttman was saying that Wary/Racy comes with glib 2.10 and the lattest Chromium-based browsers require glib 2.11. If anyone wanst to experiment, they can try porting over libs from Lucid, which might get Chrome to work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
sc0ttman


Joined: 16 Sep 2009
Posts: 2386
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed 14 Dec 2011, 13:28    Post_subject: chromium errors :(  

Trying to run the sfs you linked to in the 1st post, in Akita Linux... It uses the same core libs as Wary 5.1.1, including libz ....

Code:
/opt/chrome-linux/chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by /opt/chrome-linux/chrome)
/opt/chrome-linux/chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by /opt/chrome-linux/chrome)
/tmp/runinterminal-28500: line 3: 28505 Illegal instruction     "/opt/chrome-linux/chrome"
Script completed, hit RETURN to close window.

Any idea? It's not glibc related AFAIK...

_________________
Akita Linux, VLC-GTK, Pup Search, Pup File Search
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Terryphi


Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Posts: 763
Location: West Wales, Britain.

PostPosted: Wed 14 Dec 2011, 13:43    Post_subject: Re: chromium errors :(  

sc0ttman wrote:
Trying to run the sfs you linked to in the 1st post, in Akita Linux... It uses the same core libs as Wary 5.1.1, including libz ....

Code:
/opt/chrome-linux/chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by /opt/chrome-linux/chrome)
/opt/chrome-linux/chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by /opt/chrome-linux/chrome)
/tmp/runinterminal-28500: line 3: 28505 Illegal instruction     "/opt/chrome-linux/chrome"
Script completed, hit RETURN to close window.

Any idea? It's not glibc related AFAIK...


Possibly you have a later version than libz.so.1 . Using Wary 5.2.2 I have libz.so.1.2.5 and libz.so.1 is a symlink to it. The SFS was made specifically for Wary 5.1.1. Because of the library changes in the upgrade to Wary 5.2.2 there may be other symlinks that need checking. Run from terminal and the symlink issues will become obvious.

I don't know the significance of the last error. Maybe it is just a consequence of the lib error.

_________________
Classic Opera 12.16 browser SFS package for Precise, Slacko, Racy, Wary, Lucid, Quirky, etc available here Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 3 of 3 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0637s ][ Queries: 11 (0.0036s) ][ GZIP on ]