How to use ASUS USB-N13 in Lucid Puppy 5.2? (Solved)

mrpaddy2011

How to use ASUS USB-N13 in Lucid Puppy 5.2? (Solved)

#1 Post by mrpaddy2011 »

Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, I have done some searching of the forums but haven't found anything relevant to the version of Puppy I'm running (the nice new shiny Lucid one)

I just got an Asus USB-N13 wireless adaptor which supposedly has Linux support - all that is provided on the manufacturer's CD is a ZIP file. I'm completely new to Linux, and I'm not really a hundred percent sure where I go from here.
I did some research that indicated it might be a driver rt3070sta that I need... I tried downloading a compiled driver but it was for a 4.xx Puppy and did not detect my wireless device when I loaded it.

Sorry, I hate to be a newbie... but help!

tempestuous

#2 Post by tempestuous »

mrpaddy2011 wrote:I did some research that indicated it might be a driver rt3070sta that I need... I tried downloading a compiled driver but it was for a 4.xx Puppy and did not detect my wireless device when I loaded it.
The rt3070sta driver you downloaded was from here;
Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) > Drivers > Extras for Puppy 4.3 with 2.6.30.5 kernel
The reason this driver did not work in Puppy 5.1/5.2 (Lucid) should be self-evident from the title of that forum thread.

I suggest you go to the same section of the forum, and you will find a thread called "Extras for Puppy 5.1 with 2.6.33.2 kernel"
The updated driver is now called rt3370sta

mrpaddy2011

#3 Post by mrpaddy2011 »

Now that is the kind of kick-ass support that I never got with Windows. Thank you, tempestuous, a thousand blessings upon your house, it worked perfectly. Very much appreciated.