Comic\Manga Reader

Booting, installing, newbie
nekomaster

Comic\Manga Reader

#1 Post by nekomaster »

I liked using Cdisplay for windows and comix for ubuntu (and its deriatives) but I can't find a proper reader for puppy linux.

I tried Cdisplay through wine but not only is it a pain to always goto the exe every time I want to use Cdisplay but minimizing Cdisplay in wine on puppy linux messes it up (the title bar is visable but the contents of the window no longer show)

I tried installing comix using the pet's from this link http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=44203 but I too have run into the same problem most people seem to have with it, it wont run.

So is there a reader for puppy out there that can handle zips and rars and works?

rcrsn51

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

What happened with your printer?

nekomaster

#3 Post by nekomaster »

rcrsn51 wrote:What happened with your printer?
What do you mean? I dont need a printer to read manga, I need a program that can read manga in archives (like comix and cdisplay can)

rcrsn51

#4 Post by rcrsn51 »

You never finished off your "Printing from Puppy" thread. Was it successful or not?

CosmiCat

#5 Post by CosmiCat »

Hi nekomaster
Have you installed all dependencies? Try to install Python-2.5.pet instead of the given python-2.5.1-i486.pet. That's works for me.

My problem is another: after installed the needed Imaging-1.1.6-i486.pet library, Comix works fine but the card game package PysolFC starts no more. Somebody has a solution?

If you want an alterative there's Qcomicbook (search in the forum qcomicbook-v0.3.4-i486.pet). If it not works, search and instal libpng-1.2.8-i486.pet
Good reading

stevanjak

comic viewer

#6 Post by stevanjak »

Hello,

MMCE 2.4 beta is an excellent comic viewer. You can use it with Wine program in Puppy Linux.
The only thing you need to do is place MMCE exe file on a desktop, right click on it and choose "set run action" option.
Thereafter, just drop 'wine file' on it. MMCE exe file will be embedded in 'Wine File'. In order to simplify whole process, you need to have Wine File shortcut on a desktop.

To start program, you just need to click on MMCE exec file on desktop, 'Wine File' with MMCE.win32.exe will pop up. Just click on it and MMCE will open up. There is no need for special installation in Wine.

MMCE can be downloaded at:
http://www.place77.com/mmce-37756.html

GustavoYz

#7 Post by GustavoYz »

There is one called 'Comix', that has good reputation too.
Not a manga reader on here, but seems to be just what you need:
http://comix.sourceforge.net/download.html