The Official Release of Lucid 5.25 (Lucid Five Twenty-Five)

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
Lobster
Official Crustacean

#81 Post by Lobster »

playdayz wrote: Lobster, You correspond with Joe Wing, am I right? Could you call his attention to this if it is convenient?
OK I have written to him but he did not reply to my last email so it may be an old one
Also difficulty using internet - engineer coming Monday to look at line.

If anyone else has his email please post to Joe
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

666philb

#82 Post by 666philb »

bigpup wrote: Here is a patch for an older version of Rox Filer that is suppose to make it auto overwrite if file is newer.
May be able to look at what was done and get idea on how to change
Rox Filer Options.xml
http://www.kerofin.demon.co.uk/rox/patc ... .2.0.patch

Options.xml
is in /usr/local/apps/rox-filer
thanks bigpup, but i believe the newer option already works, i've read a bit more about it and now realise that this is a rox issue as opposed to a puppy issue. It would be good though if you could figure it out.

thanks

666philb
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

playdayz

#83 Post by playdayz »

Milkdrop2 visualization plugin for foobarhttp://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=64509
That's great (but I haven't tested yet). The latest wine pet (1.3.13) in PPM has cabextract installed plus a better user interface for winetricks.

bigpup

#84 Post by bigpup »

Using JWM desktop
setup
Pupcontrol->set tab->window manager setting->desktops
Changing the number of virtual desktops does not work. Change has no effect on number of virtual desktops. Stays at 4.

bigpup

#85 Post by bigpup »

What version of Openbox is used in Luci251?
I think it is 3.4.7.2
If so, there are several upgrades that have fixed a lot of bugs.
Info at Openbox web site:
http://openbox.org/wiki/Openbox:Changelog

playdayz

#86 Post by playdayz »

I think it is 3.4.7.2
If so, there are several upgrades that have fixed a lot of bugs.
3.4.11, same as in natty.

playdayz

#87 Post by playdayz »

Using JWM desktop
setup
Changing the number of virtual desktops does not work. Change has no effect on number of virtual desktops. Stays at 4.
Yes. It will work if you install 01micko's pet from above,which will be installed in next version..

Jasper

#88 Post by Jasper »

Hi,

The Desktop changer works for JWM in 5.2 and earlier; but I think the starting default number used to be two - in case that may make a difference?

My regards

The solution from radky appears two posts below.
Last edited by Jasper on Mon 28 Feb 2011, 00:38, edited 1 time in total.

666philb

#89 Post by 666philb »

don't know if this helps comparing lupu520 and luci 521 /root/.jwmrc

Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

radky

#90 Post by radky »

playdayz wrote:
Using JWM desktop
setup
Yes. It will work if you install 01micko's pet from above,which will be installed in next version..

In line 6 of jwmrc-personal (Luci-251)

replace

Code: Select all

<Desktops count="2"/>
with

<Desktops width="2" height="1"/>
then go to /usr/local/jwmconfig2/ in Spup 056 (or in 01micko's pet above) and copy to Lucid the following three files, which contain 01micko's modifications that allow virtual desktops and taskbar to work properly in JWM-500:

1 - taskbar
2 - virtualDesknew
3 - virtualDeskwrapper

stu90

#91 Post by stu90 »

Hi Playdayz,
Just got round to installing luci beta - did you update ffmpeg as screen recording is working from the get go, nice :)
I use this script Lobster posted, very handy no need for extra screen recording applications:

#!/bin/sh 
var="$(xrandr | grep '*')" 
IFS=" " 
set -- $var 
ffmpeg -f x11grab -s $1 -r 25 -i :0.0 -sameq /tmp/my-video.avi
Not run into and bugs so far using openbox, installed xorg-high and a couple of other pets, will test some sfs tomorrow.

update.
found some bug with wget, while it does seem to work it spits out this.

wget: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by wget)
wget: /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by wget)

cheers.

playdayz

#92 Post by playdayz »

update.
found some bug with wget, while it does seem to work it spits out this.
Code:
wget: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by wget)
wget: /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by wget)
Yes. We've got this. The Openssl 1.0.0 update went a bit too far and we will evert to 0.9.8.

No change to ffmpeg--change to gnome-mplayer--who knows?

playdayz

#93 Post by playdayz »

In line 6 of jwmrc-personal (Luci-251)

replace
Code:
<Desktops count="2"/>

with
Code:
<Desktops width="2" height="1"/>

then go to /usr/local/jwmconfig2/ in Spup 056 (or in 01micko's pet above) and copy to Lucid the following three files, which contain 01micko's modifications that allow virtual desktops and taskbar to work properly in JWM-500:

Code:
1 - taskbar
2 - virtualDesknew
3 - virtualDeskwrapper
Or wait for 252 tomorrow ;-)

251 has jwm 500 and there is a syntax change. It will be in 252.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Man-O-Man
, we are catching things two or three times, I mean, two or three people are catching each bug. That's awesome! There shouldn't be a lot of bugs, so it is great to catch the ones there are.

Next up will be a luci-252 (Lupu-521) Release Candidate and I will ask Barry to post so we get as many testers as possible.

bigpup

#94 Post by bigpup »

Could I suggest,
Give us at least two weeks to check out Luci 252.
I just get deep into trying to break it and you come out with a new version.
Give my CD burner a break and let me cool it off!
If this has the latest changes to the upgrade process, need to really work it on updating frugal installs. That is suppose to be fixed now!

papos

#95 Post by papos »

Whaou, so easy to configure language; resolution, video, wlan connection on my a acer 5720
very happy to see that with Flashplayer-10.2.152.27-Lucid52 and Firefox-4.0b12-Lucid.petI have now acces to t'chats with audio and video capabilities (right buton on flash, I am waiting between long years for this and i think it will be difficult to leave this! even if I would prefer a gpl solution)
I prefer midori default browser because dillo don't support tiddliwiki javascript
I go thurther now, even I am in walk.
Thanks to contributors

nooby

#96 Post by nooby »

Edit due to getting a PM explaining what happens.

I can use You2pup to save music video files but it is much slower and require more writing then the old manual method which was super easy and fast to use. But now due to the change of how things are done it does not end up in Tmp but in the browser cache. So if others have noticed the same behavior as I have and wonder where the Flash files end up, then you know where to look for them. :)

I where so curious one how that could happen but now I know, thanks!
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

playdayz

#97 Post by playdayz »

I prefer midori default browser because dillo don't support tiddliwiki javascript
Papos, We strongly suggest that you download and install a browser with Quickpet or PPM. Neither the included midori or dillo are appropriate for full strength, safe browsing--they are mainly for internal use and very light browsing.

Tasgarth

Luci251

#98 Post by Tasgarth »

Luci 251 :
it's working great with cd-Live and my 'pupsave' installation (ext3)...
Now the sound (retrovol-slider) is OK :D
(through Luci 520 :I get no PCM, no front, only CD-slider, impossible to do any modification. (Same retrovol problem with spup55 or 56 :( )
NVIDIA (Report-Video) and glxgears : good.
Gftp, Gimp : OK

Cheers

bigpup

#99 Post by bigpup »

playdayz

#100 Post by playdayz »

Could I suggest,
Give us at least two weeks to check out Luci 252.
I just get deep into trying to break it and you come out with a new version.
Give my CD burner a break and let me cool it off!
If this has the latest changes to the upgrade process, need to really work it on updating frugal installs. That is suppose to be fixed now!
I am not sure about two whole weeks, but we definitely want to give it a good going-over. I think 520 was pretty clean, and it would be nice to get the rep for very clean releases! Possibly there will not be a lot of problems, so more than 5-7 days might be wasted in that case. And yes, we need to test frugal upgrades. Thanks for all of your help.