Gigafast wireless G bundle comes with linux driver

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
tempestuous

#16 Post by tempestuous »

edoc wrote:Do I just open rxvt and enter the path and file name and hit Enter/Return
Yes.

Consult your wifi router's manual for what IP addresses are valid. Typically the router will be 192.168.0.1, so clients can have 192.168.0.2 and up. Be careful, if there are other computers already connected (either wired, or wireless) these will already be taking an IP address.

See the README for commands to use to assign a static IP address. Actually, the "broadcast" and "netmask" settings are not usually required, so your commands might be -

ifconfig wlan0 192.168.0.2 ## this is the IP address you want to take
route add default gw 192.168.0.1 wlan0 ## this is the IP address of your wireless router

And /etc/resolv.conf must be modified to include the IP addresses of your ISP's name servers. This information is usually listed in the setup/support section of your ISP's website.

edoc

#17 Post by edoc »

tempestuous wrote:
edoc wrote:Do I just open rxvt and enter the path and file name and hit Enter/Return
Yes.

Consult your wifi router's manual for what IP addresses are valid. Typically the router will be 192.168.0.1, so clients can have 192.168.0.2 and up. Be careful, if there are other computers already connected (either wired, or wireless) these will already be taking an IP address.

See the README for commands to use to assign a static IP address. Actually, the "broadcast" and "netmask" settings are not usually required, so your commands might be -

ifconfig wlan0 192.168.0.2 ## this is the IP address you want to take
route add default gw 192.168.0.1 wlan0 ## this is the IP address of your wireless router

And /etc/resolv.conf must be modified to include the IP addresses of your ISP's name servers. This information is usually listed in the setup/support section of your ISP's website.
OK, so it is much more complex that a non-geek could do. As awkward as I am at it I
enjoy the challenge. Will print this and start punching in numbers until something either
works, cries uncle, or I have to plead here for more help!

Thanks again and again and ... doc
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603