Questions about Compiz Fusion

Using applications, configuring, problems
titanreign

Questions about Compiz Fusion

#1 Post by titanreign »

Newest public release puppy, lucid something or another..

Ive installed and correctly set up my nvidia drivers, glxgears works and all.
I've installed ONLY the nvidia-260 driver, firefox 3.6.13, and compiz_xfce4-4.6.2-lucid from ppm.

Compiz IS working, wobble and cube stuff... but I get no window borders. I thought at first, well since it's calling on emerald, but emerald doesn't come with a single theme installed, that must be why.. Hah, joke is on me..

Then I found the second post on this thread http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 05&t=63719 where the user switched out emerald --replace & with gtk-window-decorator --replace & in ccsm and .xinitrc, so I tried that, no go again...

I've tried running emerald --replace &
and gtk-window-decorator --replace & in urxvt and neither does a single thing, neither spits out any useful info.

Running emerald-theme-manager in urxvt and trying to switch to the theme I installed crashes ETM with the console reporting:

[1] 20857
#
(emerald-theme-manager:20857): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_file_equal: assertion `G_IS_FILE (file1)' failed

(emerald-theme-manager:20857): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_file_equal: assertion `G_IS_FILE (file1)' failed
Gtk:ERROR:/build/buildd/gtk+2.0-2.20.0/gtk/gtkfilesystemmodel.c:330:node_set_visible: assertion failed: (row < model->files->len)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

titanreign

Nevermind

#2 Post by titanreign »

You know what? Fuck this ridiculous shit.

I'll never touch this hacked together piece of shit OS again.

einar

Compiz

#3 Post by einar »

Compiz seams to work for someone, but ive had the same problems as you. and ive tried this on several laptops. with ATI and Nvidia. Sometimes it works and you go YAY. but after some reboots or VM switches your back to no borders. Ive got it to work again by starting .xinitrc sometimes. but it always crash eventually.

This is sad because many ppl like you and me want compiz and get very frustrated when we cant get it to work.

So i beg the big coders to fix this. Luci 5.2 need compiz to simply just work.

best regards Einar

666philb

#4 Post by 666philb »

titanreign

i've got a suggestion.... 'anger managment classes' there's probably a pet for them in the Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) section. If you can't find one there, you could post a request, in the 'requests section'. Be sure to swear and have a tantrum, so that people can have a laugh at your expense.

666philb
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331