Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 21 Nov 2014, 12:43
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Winetricks UI
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
playdayz

PostPosted: Sun 20 Feb 2011, 17:29    Post_subject:  Winetricks UI
Sub_title: Someone has written a nicer interface

Here is the program script winetricks. It could really use a nicer interface for Linux, if anyone is interested.
winetricks.tar.gz
Description 
gz

Download 
Filename  winetricks.tar.gz 
Filesize  54.91 KB 
Downloaded  388 Time(s) 

Edited_time_total
bigpup

PostPosted: Mon 21 Feb 2011, 12:30    Post_subject:  

What about this one?
http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=13883

There are two versions:

Updated normal Winetricks with new GUI

Wintricks-alpha with more options.
A top-level menu which gives you a choice of category (dll, font, app, or setting).
winetricks.jpg
 Description   Winetricks with new GUI as of 2110105
 Filesize   40.88 KB
 Viewed   1852 Time(s)

winetricks.jpg

winetricks-alpha.jpg
 Description   Winetricks-alpha as of 2110105
 Filesize   33.05 KB
 Viewed   1929 Time(s)

winetricks-alpha.jpg

playdayz

PostPosted: Mon 21 Feb 2011, 16:06    Post_subject:  

Thanks bigpup, that is just the thing. The first time I ran the basic script I got what have been getting in green_dome's wine--all of the options in a single long row that would go across 4 or 5 screens. Ah but then I installed zenity and got the gui. Thanks. I will pass it along to green_dome.
Béèm

Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

PostPosted: Mon 21 Feb 2011, 17:43    Post_subject:  

bigpup wrote:
What about this one?
http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=13883

There are two versions:

Updated normal Winetricks with new GUI

Wintricks-alpha with more options.
A top-level menu which gives you a choice of category (dll, font, app, or setting).
I like the Bordeaux for Linux aspect. Wink
Use peppyy's puppysearch
Makoto

PostPosted: Mon 21 Feb 2011, 19:02    Post_subject:  

Heh, yeah, I can relate... about half an hour or so ago, I wanted to see if something was available in winetricks, so I went ahead and opened the (xdialog) GUI. Spent a while Alt-dragging the long strip around just to see all the buttons (which aren't in alphabetical order, either, much less by function/driver/etc. Smile ), only to reach the far right end and realize there's no close button on the end. Razz

So, as I didn't want to install anything at the time, I ended up having to kill both winetricks and the xdialog processes in pprocess. Smile

playdayz

PostPosted: Mon 21 Feb 2011, 19:19    Post_subject:  

Quote:
Heh, yeah, I can relate... about half an hour or so ago, I wanted to see if something was available in winetricks, so I went ahead and opened the (xdialog) GUI. Spent a while Alt-dragging the long strip around just to see all the buttons (which aren't in alphabetical order, either, much less by function/driver/etc. Smile ), only to reach the far right end and realize there's no close button on the end. Razz

So, as I didn't want to install anything at the time, I ended up having to kill both winetricks and the xdialog processes in pprocess. Smile

We are on the way to making that more convenient. I remembered that in addition to zenity we should include cabextract because winetricks often needs that.

In fact, here it is! Uninstall your current wine and install this one (only in ibiblio for a day or two). OK, I am done here Wink I just remade this with yad 0.8.1 instead of zenity--just posted today by stu90--saved 300KB.
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/puppylinux/pet-packages-lucid/Wine-1.3.13-Lucid52.pet
Makoto

PostPosted: Mon 21 Feb 2011, 21:41    Post_subject:  

I'm using Puppy 4.3.1, though. Smile Maybe I should wait and see what green_dome does with it, just in case he's about to release Wine 1.3.14...

Yeah, it was a reminder why I didn't want to use the xdialog version of Winetricks, definitely. There's always been a recommendation to use the command-line version, instead, but I didn't feel like having to do a lot of scrolling in the terminal just to look for a package. So, naturally, I pick the more difficult method. Razz

playdayz

PostPosted: Mon 21 Feb 2011, 22:15    Post_subject:  

Quote:
I'm using Puppy 4.3.1, though.

You should be able to use the pet I made if you wanted to. green_dome compiles in 4.3.1 anyway I think.
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum