How do I install EMC2 Engineering/Science simulator?

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
GustavoYz

#16 Post by GustavoYz »

I'm wondering if it works for him...
:roll:

eccentric

EMC2

#17 Post by eccentric »

Hello GustavoYz,
Sorry to tell you i cannot get it to run, I run all my Puppy,s from a DVD.
512meg ram, 700megpen drive for swap file and any thing i wish to keep, i store on a second pen drive. i only save to the DVD the basics , net work pppoe, printer driver.
I down loaded the sfs file, but in the manager the other two files where in bold black, but the sfs file was gray, i tried to save the files i down loaded but my machine said insufficient memory.
Looking at the files you sent me of your success, and from Emil, i think
it is a simulation or only one channel.
I think the way for me to go, is to remove the large files from studio 3.1, re master, then find out how to add the latest Emc2, it is in tar.gz format.
I know there is a " how to" on re mastering. I will try this next week some time after the 22 feb. ( divorce day) so i have much on my mind.

Thank you for all your help so far, i will post here any result.,
Michael.

disciple

#18 Post by disciple »

Looking at the files you sent me of your success, and from Emil, i think it is a simulation or only one channel.
Surely it has to be a simulation unless they actually have the machines to run...

You could also just try the normal EMC2 live CD.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

GustavoYz

#19 Post by GustavoYz »

I think that you just could try running LuPu 520 in a multisession DVD, installing the EMC2 + deps linked and a 'python.pet' (Would be good if somebody points a python pet here :lol:) you'll have your EMC2 ready...
Just a thought.
Anyway, best of lucks with your remastering versions.
Regards.

eccentric

emc2

#20 Post by eccentric »

Thank you for your replies, What i would like to end up with, is a small puppy, with the real time extension in the kernel, plus emc2..
i have three old computers, one for cnc only, as we are told not to use any other program while cnc is running. i chose studio 3.1 or 3.3 if it is ready for the real time extensions. The other two computers are for the day to day running of puppy, one as backup should i have one fail.
I think with some simulations you can hear the pulse via the speaker.
I am a member of cnczone.com they do have a section of the forum for emc2 but it is more hands on, and how to use the different functions.
I have no wish to use the Ubunto version, for one thing it is very large.
and i have used puppy since i was a young man. if i need to test the stepper driver or motor i have the old version from cool cnc .o5.
Now i must search the forum for the how to on re-mastering, i only need to do this so the end result will fit in the limited memory, the old one 256meg the other two 512meg. cpu 1.1 g 1.7g 2.4g.
Once again thank you for your interest and help. ...Michael

eccentric

EMC2

#21 Post by eccentric »

Hello Ladies and gents, owing to and unexpected change of abode this month, i have had to put this project on the back burner, without and heat.. it will be some time before i can look again. but i will still look at this forum to see if any other brave person has managed to get this to work. That is a small puppy with RTE and ecmc2.
Best wishes to you all Michael.