Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 20 Sep 2014, 00:11
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Network
Frisbee Network Manager - Beta 2
Page 25 of 25 [364 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 23, 24, 25
stray_dog

PostPosted: Mon 11 Aug 2014, 19:34    Post subject:  

Joking aside and such, they both seem really smart & I bet them comparing notes would be fascinating.
rerwin

PostPosted: Sat 16 Aug 2014, 23:05    Post subject:  

Scooby,
Thanks for taking the time to discover the problems you mentioned. Sorry to take so long to respond. Many distractions. Although I have sent you a more detailed PM about it, here is a summary of my answers:
    1. Removal of dropwait option: I am updating frisbee to remove all code that handled the user adjustment of the delay value, now that I have settled on a dropwait version of dhcpcd 6.4.2 that checks for reconnection after only 1, 2, and 3 seconds before abandoning the link.

2. Single instance execution: I have added the "flock" solution, of which I was unaware. Brilliant!

3. Version numbering: OK. I cave. If we consider the 20140724 version to be 1.2.1, then the new one can be 1.2.2. Right?

4. Hook scripts: The zero-length "99-" hook script files were there to support uninstallation of frisbee, to restore 6 old files from either the Frisbee "betas" or my initial attempt to reorganize the "99ers" -- I am removing those files, so uninstall will no longer restore any old versions of them; the only "99ers" should be 99-notify and 99-network_tray.

5. TERMEMLTR: Actually, it was set in the wrong place in the code; I have moved it to where it works as intended, without an export.

6. DHCPCD messages: They are logged in the system log, which usually is /var/log/messages; but gentoo linux and "metalog" appear to use /var/log/everything/current, instead, resulting in my having frisbee check for the existence of either and reading whichever is present (but not both).

Richard
rerwin

PostPosted: Sun 17 Aug 2014, 18:46    Post subject: Updated Frisbee 1.2.2 Available  

I have made Scooby's changes to frisbee and uploaded frisbee-1.2.2 to the usual place on page 21:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=780962#780962
The details of the changes are there, as well.

For the best performance and to use the almost-latest dhcpcd with the new dropwait implementation, also install dhcpcd-6.4.2-patched-dropwait, the third (or fourth, for slacko) attachment here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=790629#790629
Richard

UPDATE: The package is back in the usual place, as 20140818.
rerwin

PostPosted: Sat 13 Sep 2014, 17:38    Post subject: Frisbee-1.2.3 Now Available  

I have uploaded another version of the frisbee network manager, frisbee-1.2.3-20140912:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=780962#780962

The main improvements are to the dialogs involving selection of items in a table and to the support of multiple wifi devices, plus various bug fixes.

Be sure to use only this version of "1.2.3", because its predecessors, 20140910 & 20140911, contain code that prevents wifi support from operating reliably or even normally. Any of those older copies of the pet packages should be uninstalled (if installed) and deleted permanently, to avoid inadvertent usage.

As usual, please report any problems with "1.2.3", so that I can continue to refine frisbee.
Richard
Page 25 of 25 [364 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 23, 24, 25
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Network
Jump to: