i will put the Puppy Banner in my website

Promote Puppy !
Eldes

i will put the Puppy Banner in my website

#1 Post by Eldes »

Hello all members, i new in Puppy Linux. I viewed many files to help me to stand Puppy. But i got an ask, I can install .deb's?

I will put the banner of Puppy if any got that, please send me :). In my personal website.

Thanks, i hope dont disturb :)

mickee
Location: Saskatoon SK Canada, Gateway 5300 Laptop, 600MHz Celeron, 384MB RAM, lucid puppy 5.2 (Full Install)

Re: i will put the Puppy Banner in my website

#2 Post by mickee »

Eldes wrote:Hello all members, i new in Puppy Linux. I viewed many files to help me to stand Puppy. But i got an ask, I can install .deb's?

I will put the banner of Puppy if any got that, please send me :). In my personal website.

I would be happy to do this as well.
[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/The_Wizard_of_OZ/Lindows-NOT-1.jpg[/img]
Linux is [i][b]NOT[/b][/i] Windows. Doesn't [i][b]PRETEND[/b][/i] to be, Doesn't [i][b]WANT [/b][/i]to be; Don't try to [i][b]MAKE[/b][/i] it be.

puppyite

#3 Post by puppyite »

Eldes wrote:But i got an ask, I can install .deb's?
AFAIK you can click on a downloaded deb file and it will install, but I have never tried.

Edit: If you install many apps you’ll want to check the size of your personal storage file (a.k.a. pupsave) so you don't run out of space.

disciple

#4 Post by disciple »

I don't know about the most recent puppies, but previously if you clicked on a .deb it would not install it, but it would open xarchive, with which you could extract it.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

turf

#5 Post by turf »

Eldes wrote:Hello all members, i new in Puppy Linux. I viewed many files to help me to stand Puppy. But i got an ask, I can install .deb's?

not sure if i got it right.
but you want to download a .deb file and install in puppy?

you might just wanna see this page. http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=35507