Canon BJC1000 printer will not work

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
pixturesk

Canon BJC1000 printer will not work

#1 Post by pixturesk »

I am not of the computer generation so I will try to explain my problem as best as I can. My printer, Canon BJC1000, is a printer that Puppy accepts ( I am using the current live cd version of Puppy). I accomplish most of the configuration until I get to the "add printer" task. I assign a name to the printer (my surname), choose "local port" because I am using a parallel port on my computer, then make this printer my "default printer". I also delete the printer that they call an "old printer". I create a test page with Abi Word, then click print. The printer dialogue comes up saying that the printer has read the document, then nothing happens. I cannot even locate a "help" file to guide me through the process. Very frustrating because everything else seems to be working. Please make your reply easy to follow

alex_b

Cano printer

#2 Post by alex_b »

pixturesk

please check this discussion thread for help

http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.p ... &start=160

Alex
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them"
- Albert Einstein

pixturesk

Canon BJC 1000 Printer will not work

#3 Post by pixturesk »

Thanks Alex, just prior to this reply, I was able to fix the problem. I was entering the location of the parallel port for the printer as the location for the Comm port. It just hit me as I again was trying to configure the printer. Such are the trials for a guy who is not of the computer generation, gives me that much more satisfaction when I am able to solve a problem. Thanks again.