Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 02 Sep 2014, 06:29
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Lighthouse Pup 5.02 185M
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 9 of 11 [154 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
don570

PostPosted: Sat 05 Feb 2011, 16:22    Post subject: new version of mtpaint 3.34.65  

There's a new version of mtpaint 3.34.65
https://github.com/wjaguar/mtPaint/commit/f441cbd69064476f5034cbbd673db2a43da51d95

here's the news file:

* Name and location of user settings file is now configurable : See handbook section A.6.4 for details
* Drawing and fill tools now are 2-3 times faster
* Support for compiling with libpng 1.4, libjpeg 8a, and zlib 1.2.5 added
* Configure script rewritten, now understands standard variables and options for installation paths and (cross-)compilation settings
* Minimum required GTK+2 version now can be specified as configure option (e.g., "./configure gtk2.8")
* Workaround for bug in GTK+ versions 2.14.0 - 2.14.2, 2.16.0, 2.16.1 added (spin buttons had wrong max values)
* BUGFIX - Problems with editing large images at high zoom levels are now eliminated:

Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

PostPosted: Sat 05 Feb 2011, 16:49    Post subject:  

edit id3 tags
I wanted to know for all type of audio files, but had the case for wma files. Audacious don't handle those.

But I am interested in KDE. In the 502 I didn't see an announcement for it.
Is there a KDE sfs that can be used in 502?

Use peppyy's puppysearch
Béèm

Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

PostPosted: Sat 05 Feb 2011, 16:51    Post subject: Re: network connections.  

Béèm wrote:
@tazoc,
I have a wireless connection, ipw2100.
The config/connection persists between LH boots.
Am I lucky?
Well, it's not a big deal to reconfigure, I just wondered why it happened.
Well since, I had to go twice to XP and every time I returned my connection was there.
So I had some small incident the other time.

Use peppyy's puppysearch
Jim1911

PostPosted: Sat 05 Feb 2011, 17:17    Post subject:  

Béèm wrote:
KDE-4.4.4G.sfs works fine.
Béèm

PostPosted: Sat 05 Feb 2011, 17:52    Post subject:  

Jim1911 wrote:
Béèm wrote:
Thanks.
I didn't know releases could be intermixed. So I thought that I had to way for a 502 one. Will try it.

P.S. Teh grey 055 working ok on my laptop. Wink

Use peppyy's puppysearch
Jim1911

PostPosted: Sun 06 Feb 2011, 11:40    Post subject:  

Béèm wrote:
Jim1911 wrote:
Béèm wrote:
Thanks.
I didn't know releases could be intermixed. So I thought that I had to way for a 502 one. Will try it.

P.S. Teh grey 055 working ok on my laptop. Wink
Apparantly, there was no change, however, you need the latest mariner.
whitlecj

PostPosted: Sun 06 Feb 2011, 22:51    Post subject: How to install KDE if did full install  

sorry if this is a dumb question. I am new to puppy. How can I go about installing KDE if I did a full install to my harddrive? I have downloaded the package but the bootloader will not allow me to install it because I did the full install. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Jim1911

PostPosted: Sun 06 Feb 2011, 23:42    Post subject:  

You might try 01micko's sfs grabber which should convert the sfs file to a .pet file which then can be installed on a full hd installation. However, try at own risk, it was developed for lucid and spup, although it's probably safe to use since spup and LHP are both slackware compatible. I've used it a number of times with a hd installation of lucid.

All files within the sfs have to be copied into the proper location on the hd installation. The created .pet should do that, otherwise it has to be done manually. Of course, you will also need to install the mariner sfs.
whitlecj

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb 2011, 00:10    Post subject:  

Thanks Jim. I got it installed but now it says I don't have the mariner version even though that was installed during the full install. Gonna try to use it to install mariner and see if that fixes it.
Jim1911

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb 2011, 10:28    Post subject:  

whitlecj wrote:
Thanks Jim. I got it installed but now it says I don't have the mariner version even though that was installed during the full install. Gonna try to use it to install mariner and see if that fixes it.
Which iso did you download? If you downloaded the latest full mariner version, it includes the mariner sfs along with the LHP sfs, but mariner is not installed, it is simply placed in the frugal directory to be accessed by boot manager. The full installation probably didn't use it. I believe that you may just click on the mariner iso to mount it and drag the 5Mariner-5G_501-502.sfs to SFS grabber as you did with 4KDE-4.4.4-G.sfs. Be sure and click on the iso again to dismount it. If you installed with a CD just drag the sfs from there.
Jim1911

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb 2011, 13:52    Post subject:  

Hi Tazoc,

You may want to include in your next update 01micko's sfs grabber which converts the sfs file to a .pet file which then can be installed on a full hd installation.

It's apparently worked for whitlecj on his full hd installation and will be useful for others who prefer a full hd installation.

I still prefer a frugal installation, especially with your new feature of loading sfs into ram.

Cheers,
Jim
Q5sys

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb 2011, 14:21    Post subject:  

Jim1911 wrote:
Hi Tazoc,

You may want to include in your next update 01micko's sfs grabber which converts the sfs file to a .pet file which then can be installed on a full hd installation.

It's apparently worked for whitlecj on his full hd installation and will be useful for others who prefer a full hd installation.

I still prefer a frugal installation, especially with your new feature of loading sfs into ram.

Cheers,
Jim

Jim, I've converted a bunch of the LightHouse Update Pets into SFS files for those of us who prefer SFS packages... Just waiting on TazOC to put them somewhere useful on his site and then drop the links here for everyone. Hopefully you (and others) will get some use out of them.

TazOC,
If it wouldnt be too much hassle, I'd be interested to see this in the next version. I'd go in and tweak it myself, but I know you've quite a bit of customizing, so I wanted to check with you to see if you think'd there'd be any conflicts

My PC is for sale
tazoc

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb 2011, 22:23    Post subject:  

Q5sys wrote:
Just waiting on TazOC to put them somewhere useful on his site and then drop the links here for everyone. Hopefully you (and others) will get some use out of them.

TazOC,
If it wouldnt be too much hassle, I'd be interested to see this in the next version. I'd go in and tweak it myself, but I know you've quite a bit of customizing, so I wanted to check with you to see if you think'd there'd be any conflicts
Hi Q5sys, Jemimah has already implemented the desktop drive volume labels in Fluppy 012. Have no idea if it would work in LHP.

Thank you for the new SFS collection; I've been busy working on bug fixes and integrating Jemimah's Frisbee Network Manager into Lighthouse 5.03. I hope this will make wireless connections persistent and improve wired networking as well.

I will test the new SFS files you've assembled and post them for all soon.

@don570 and Jim1911,
Thanks, I will keep those in mind for the future. I don't know if I'll have time to put them in 5.03 as I'm wrapping up that release at the moment.
-TazOC

Q5sys

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb 2011, 22:42    Post subject:  

tazoc wrote:
Q5sys wrote:
Just waiting on TazOC to put them somewhere useful on his site and then drop the links here for everyone. Hopefully you (and others) will get some use out of them.

TazOC,
Hi Q5sys, Jemimah has already implemented the desktop drive volume labels in Fluppy 012. Have no idea if it would work in LHP.

Thank you for the new SFS collection; I've been busy working on bug fixes and integrating Jemimah's Frisbee Network Manager into Lighthouse 5.03. I hope this will make wireless connections persistent and improve wired networking as well.

I will test the new SFS files you've assembled and post them for all soon.

@don570 and Jim1911,
Thanks, I will keep those in mind for the future. I don't know if I'll have time to put them in 5.03 as I'm wrapping up that release at the moment.
-TazOC

I'll tinker around with it and see if I can manage to get it to work without causing too many other issues. As for the SFS files, glad to do it. I've got a list of other programs Im going to try to build as SFS later this week if I have time. I'll keep you in the loop on those.

My PC is for sale
tazoc

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb 2011, 23:29    Post subject: wma files; KDE 4  

Béèm wrote:
edit id3 tags
I wanted to know for all type of audio files, but had the case for wma files. Audacious don't handle those.
Audacious plays wma and views tags for me, (fixed in 502) however I can confirm that wma tags can't be edited. Amarok can edit the wma tags.
Quote:
But I am interested in KDE. In the 502 I didn't see an announcement for it.
Sorry about the omission. Jim1911 is right. 4-KDE-4.4.4-G.sfs works in both 501 and 502.
-TazOC

Page 9 of 11 [154 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: