opening a filename.squashfs for view / extract

Using applications, configuring, problems
scsijon

opening a filename.squashfs for view / extract

#1 Post by scsijon »

I have been sent a couple of cd's with new networking alpha's and very early beta's to "play" with.

the directories on the discs show only one file as filename.squashfs

Is there an easy way to open them to view / extract what I want, as the system won't / isn't at present doing anything?

thanks
scsijon

mardon86

#2 Post by mardon86 »

try rename it to filename.sfs
then on rox file manager, click it once.. it will be mounted.
click once again to unmount it..
just a thought. do it at your own risk.. :D

scsijon

#3 Post by scsijon »

thanks for that, I was hoping there was a way without having to copy to my development box first and mount it, was sort of hoping there was something to deal with it like we do with a tgz and the like instead.

jemimah

#4 Post by jemimah »

Makoto

#5 Post by Makoto »

If you have Peazip installed, you might see if that'll let you look into it, as well. Some of the Windows archivers seem to be able to handle it, certainly - I was looking at the file extensions the Windows version of 7-Zip can 'handle,' a day or two ago (setting it up for a relative), and .squashfs was one of them. Of course, I couldn't tell you if xarchive/r does it...
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).